“Stay at Doubletree in Savannah”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel was very neat and clean. The staff helpful and pleasant. I would recommend to anyone traveling to Savannah for business or for pleasure. So close to the airport and yet the experience was quite peaceful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Barbara S-
Thank you for your review. Our team appreciates you taking your time to tell the world about your stay. The airport area really is a perfect place for all types of travelers. The Airport sits a good distance from the hotel, so we do not hear the noise of the planes coming in or taking off. I am glad that your experience went well and appreciate you giving us a chance. We look forward to your return to Savannah.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Upon checking in, we were upgraded to a suite by Clarence. Rooms are beautiful! Beds incredibly comfortable. We wanted to go to the historic district for dinner, because we only had 1 night before moving on to Hilton Head. As we got into the elevator, the family riding with us gushed about "Miss Tina" food in the restaurant.We then sat at the bar, where everyone around us was eating and moaning about how good the food is...Good for Miss Tina!
We also loved Clarence's "uniform". Everything is clean and dust free. Wonderful stop over hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

cantonkaren-
Thank you for your standing ovation and wonderful review of the DoubleTree Savannah Airport. It is such an amazing compliment to hear that our guests are not only raving about our menu, but about our Chef as well. Tina is hands down amazing and is one of the secrets to our success. Her recipes have allowed our kitchen team to experience great success and rise to the top! To think that you passed on a trip to the Historic District to try our establishment is honoring. I will be sharing your review with our team during our next morning standup meeting. I appreciate your time and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

There are a lot of hotels right next to Savannah airport, and I have stayed at most of them. This one is now my favorite. With fewer rooms that most, it seems more intimate and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The rooms are large, comfortable, quiet and clean. Breakfast has fresh fruit, and is served on real China, unlike some other hotels nearby which makes a big difference for me. They have limited evening for, but no vegetarian choices which is not so good. The service really make the difference, and I will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martin E

Martin E-
Your input on the DoubleTree Hotel Savannah Airport is very helpful. I am pleased to hear that after trying multiple hotels in the area that we are now your preferred choice! I have my team to thank for that and I know we will continue to strive for excellence with all of our future guests. I will also pass along your comments about not having vegetarian items on our dinner menu and see what our team can come up with to ensure all travelers have the menu selection they need. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Again, your input is greatly appreciated and our team looks forward to welcoming you upon your return.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I haven't stayed at a Doubletree in a few years. After this visit, I will be checking out Doubletree again. The room was great. Nice King Suite and comfortable bed. Very close to the airport. It's a bit of a drive to the historic district, but I was just there overnight so didn't mind. Didn't have any interaction with the staff, other than a check-in when they gave me the traditional chocolate chip cookie to welcome me. No complaints. Would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Steve H-
Thank you for trying out the new DoubleTree Savannah Airport while you were in town. It's great to know that our hotel made such a difference in your stay that you are now considering staying at other DoubleTree hotels when traveling. Our staff is one of the best and upon your return trip, I hope you will be able to spend more time at the hotel to experience the shinning stars we have on our team. Being 12-15 minutes away from the Historic District is a pretty easy drive as we sit right next to the highway. What you save in parking fees and WiFi access alone from staying in the Downtown location, makes the drive worth it. Congratulations on being a Senior Contributor to Trip Advisor and sharing your review on our hotel with the world. You efforts are appreciated.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel and room was clean and comfortable. We stayed in the 2 queen bed studio suite w/sofa bed. The size of the room was great and much larger than the Hampton Inns we usually visit. My son loved sleeping on the sofa bed with his own tv. Everything was "clean" but you could see places where vacuuming and dusting hadn't been done in a while. Also we had 4 people in the room and when we arrived there were just 3 towels and 2 hand towels so I asked the front desk and they sent up another towel and 2 hand towels. Funny thing is we stayed 3 days and they always just left 3 new clean towels. The front desk said they just do that with no real reason. No big deal but the small things count. Also, the daily "cleaning" was just making the bed and picking up towels off the floor. It was not cleaned as if someone new was coming in as all other Hilton properties we have visited. Would stay here again esp. for business. The atmosphere is more bus. than family but not by the hotel, more the guests.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

M M-
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Your review is very beneficial and we are learning how to improve in the areas that matter the most to our guests. I have informed our housekeeping department to really take note of the number of people in the room and cater to the needs they have. Cleanliness is the key factor in keeping any guests and we will address any areas in which we were slacking. To hear that overall your stay was enjoyed by all of your guest is very important to us. Our large suites featuring partitioned rooms, sleeper sofas and two flat screen televisions does allow for more comfort and really separates us from the competition. With your review, we will continue to make the changes necessary to please our future guests. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Savannah.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very comfortable large rooms. Cookies were warm and tasty! The area is safe and well lit. The beds are clean and comfortable... The staff was very friendly and this is the best hotel in this area and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Jerry F-
Yes! We are celebrating your review as you have rated us with 5 out of 5 stars. Thank you for trying out the new DoubleTree Savannah Airport and I am very pleased to hear that we have earned your future business. This is just the beginning and I know you will find each stay more enjoyable than the first. Your review is greatly appreciated. I wish you safe travels and welcome your return to the Savannah Airport area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent Staff great service. great location, nice stay........ I would recommend Double Tree in Savannah to other travelers. Only stayed one night but will always look for a Double Tree for my next trip.Cookies soft and hot!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

sulindaw-
It was a pleasure hosting you. We value your business and look forward to having you not only as a loyal DoubleTree member, but as a loyal Hilton member as well. If you have not done so already, may I suggest signing up for our Hilton Honors reward program. You will earn points and miles for any stay at a Hilton property and enjoy the special perks/upgrades our valued members receive. Thank you for your review. We will have our signature DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies waiting for you upon your return.