“Awesome Experience”

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, GA
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2009

My sister and I visited Savannah in early May. We preferred to stay at Cambia Suites instead of paying higher rates at a downtown or midtown hotel. We had a vehicle, so it was no problem to drive wherever we wanted to go. We were able to check in early--at around noon--since we arrived in Savannah earlier than expected. The young man at the front desk looked very professional in his suit, and was friendly and helpful. The suite we reserved had two queen beds, and it was beautiful and well appointed. The decor was lovely. I was impressed by the two plasma TV's. My sister watched one while she took advantage of the free wifi, and I watched the other. We spent all day Saturday in downtown Savannah and were tired and grimy when we got back to the suite. The housekeeper did an excellent job of cleaning the room. Save for our belongings, the suite looked just as it did when we checked in the night before. My sister and I had a great experience at this hotel. We would definitely come back for another stay.

• Stayed May 2009
2 Thank TischandGina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

This new branch of Choice hotels near the Savannah airport is all about top drawer amenities and contemporary decor. From the entrance, which has marble and granite counters and floors, service areas for drinks and snacks, an onsite restaurant offering dinner and breakfast, this new 'baby' of Choice hotels is truly Top Choice. There are only 13 built so far, due to the recession, but many are planned. Rooms have microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, sofa and chair separate sitting area w/flat screen TV, flat screen TV at the bed, and free wifi! Complimentary business center, guest laundry, 1500 sf work out center! Unless you are dying to spend some time in a venerable old inn intown, this will do very well! MORE THAN all the comforts of home!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2009

My wife, 4yr old daughter and I stayed there last week on our way to disney We loved the rooms, the hotel and location. We left our princess doll clothes in the room and it they were accidentially thrown out. When we checked back in 3 days later after returning from Disney and they agreed to make an adjustment to our bill to reflect the cost of the thrown out items. We were very pleased with the customer service. The hotel is very new and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
mahwah , nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2009

After visiting Beaufort ,S C ,My husband and I wanted to stay at a hotel near the Savannah Airport before heading back to NJ. Well I had read the reviews on Cambria Suites and I knew we had to stay there. What a wonderful place to stay ! The rooms are gorgeous - decorated in an asian flair. Everything about the hotel is superbI We paid a very reasonable price for a top notch hotel and who would believe that such a hotel could be a 5 minute drive to the airport. Hoping they will open this hotel in the northeast.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

Good price location close to Savannah downtown NO breakfast

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
VIRGINIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

The Cambria Suites is fantastic. Very modern, very new. VERY clean. Service was top notch. I enjoyed dinner in the lounge and drinks as well. Relaxing and quiet place. Room was immaculate. Overall, nicest airport hotel I have stayed in. Great experience.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

I stayed at the Cambria Suites because something major was going on in downtown Savannah (a convention, perhaps) and I couldn't get a room there. This is not a good location if you are looking for a base for exploring downtown.

However, everything else was perfect. The lobby is attractive, the room was very comfortable, and I loved the modern decor. I did notice that the pool was small, and not all that attractive, but that was the only minus.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple