“Foley House Inn review”

Ranked #8 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Foley House Inn review”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Initially upon my arrival I was disappointed because the room I had requested for a week was not available. Once Tyler and Ed helped me get settled in I was fine.

I didn't see any of the other rooms, but mine could have used a fresh coat of paint and some sprucing up of the window treatments and sofa uphostery. That said the room was very clean, comfortable and quiet.

The service was quintessential Southern hospitality....the low country breakfast was delicious.
The location was perfect for sightseeing/touring the city.

Room Tip: My room was quiet, I had initially requested a corner room which would have been larger and sunnier...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

We picked this place because of the location and price. We were pleasantly surprised with the Foley House! It's beautiful. The room was very nice and very clean. The breakfast was delicious and the staff was wonderful. Tyler was extremely helpful and went out of his way to help us with city info and places in the area. He is awesome! Willing to do what it took to make our stay perfect and unique. I would highly recommend staying here. The location is great, within walking distance of everything.

• Stayed June 2012
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2012

From the time we walked through the door of the Foley House, we were delighted with the hospitality of the staff! Tyler, front desk host, gave us spectacular meal recommendations, and Ed helped us with our bags to our room in the Carriage House. Our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Evening wine and hors d'oevres were as delightful as the conversation with Tyler and our fellow guests. The hearty breakfast fortified us for our days of sightseeing. The location of Foley House made it ideal for walking the historic district. We only made it back for sweets and tea time once during our 4 night stay, but the visit with Shaquita, the manager, was precious, and added to the enjoyment of our trip. We have stayed at many Bed and Breakfast establishments throughout the country, and our stay at Foley House Inn was among my absolute favorites!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This is a very lovely and romantic B&B! The Foley House Inn has a very comfortable parlor with delicious treats and refreshments which was a perfect way to unwind from our road trip. Breakfast was delicious, I'm not even a fan of grits but I think they changed that for me! Our bedroom (Grimthrop-Summer) was everything we could ask for, the bed was excellent, babies don't even sleep as well as we did! I really felt like I stepped back in time, a nice retreat from our face paced society. :-)

• Stayed August 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was my first bed and breakfast experience, and it was a positive one. Ed and Shaquita were especially accommodating, going to great lengths to help us get settled and feel at home. Upon arrival we were invited to the parlor where they served complimentary wines, sweets, and hors d'oeuvres throughout the afternoon and evening as classical music played in the background. Our room was very clean and cozy, the house and it's staff certainly had that old Savannah charm.

Room Tip: I think there are many types of rooms, some more luxurious than others depending on how much you wan...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Our stay at the Foley House was absolutely spectacular. From the Aveda products in the bathroom to Tyler's hospitality at the front desk, we could not have asked for more! We were attracted to the Foley House due to their Pet Policy and were able to bring our puppy Uno. He was greeted with a generous bag of treats upon our arrival and friendly scratches from all the employees of the Inn. Our room in the carriage house was quiet, peaceful, very well kept and perfect for our little family. The breakfast every morning was prompt and delicious. As our first introduction to Southern Grits, it was spectacular! Tyler at the front desk was extremely helpful as we planned our evening meals and always greeted us with a smile! We are looking forward to returning to the Foley House!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The setting is beautiful, is close to the main tourist attractions in Savannah, and the staff absolutely do anything they can to assure you have a wonderful stay at the Inn and in Savannah. The breakfast and snacks were really quite wonderful, the setting ideal and I loved my stay. The only non-perfect thing was that the HVAC unit in my room really needed a preventative maintenance cleaning; it was quite dirty.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple