“WHAT A MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE!!!”
Review of Foley House Inn

Foley House Inn
Ranked #7 of 29 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for the second time, at the Foley House Inn, in the beautiful City of Savannah, GA. last month. As at the first time when we visited Savannah three years ago, we went back to stay at the Foley House Inn, since we felt in love with this wonderful House/Inn, so beautifully decorated, and with such a magnificent service from all the staff of this facility. The magnificent room, so comfortable and beautiful, as well as the ambiance of the whole building, so homey, and with so many wonderful details. We thank all the staff of the Foley House Inn, for making our stay, once again, a memorable experience. We apreciated very much the cordial and kind service, and we enjoyed very much the "Tea Time" in the beautiful Living Room/Salon, as well as the "Wine" at evening time, when you have the opportunity to meet other guests, as well as the succulent breakfast surrounded by the beautiful decoration of your Dining Room. We are looking forward to come back to Savannah, and of course, we are looking forward to stay once again at the Foley House Inn. Maria Isabel Garcia/Ortiz. Miami, Florida. April 2014.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Foley House for our anniversary. We didn't want to leave!!! What a wonderful place to stay. This is Inn is the true gem of Savannah! The rooms were spacious and beautiful! The staff was so courteous that we had a tough time leaving. They made us feel like this was our home. I knew the reputation of the in was outstanding, and I am so elated that they lived up to their stellar reputation! My wife and I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary getaway, and we look forward to coming back sometime this summer! Thank you for a wonderful stay!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Foley House in for a long weekend for our 14th wedding anniversary two weekends ago, and it was AMAZING!!! The Inn itself is stunning, so much character and charm…just the kind of place I LOVE to stay! The staff was WONDERFUL, so accommodating and gracious…true Southern hospitality!!! The food was DELICIOUS, and our accommodations were FABULOUS!!! EXACTLY what we were looking for the celebrate our wedding anniversary! THANK YOU to the staff and owners of Foley House for making our anniversary so special…we will be back!!!! If you visit Savannah, you MUST stay at the Foley House Inn!!! OUTSTANDING, 5 STARS!!!!!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We just spent a wonderful long weekend at the Foley House in a Savannah. Absolutely love this place! The Inn is just so beautiful and the staff is so welcoming and helpful. We've stayed here twice before and each time has been great! The rooms are clean, spacious and very comfortable, the location is perfect and we love the delicious breakfast each morning and then the tea and sweets in the afternoon. Perfect place to stay while enjoying this wonderful city!

1  Thank auntdeedee
Reviewed 30 April 2014

After reading several reviews I felt compelled to write this review. The Foley House is an older Bed and Breakfast but has lots of charm. On entering you are invited into the parlor which was tastefully decorated and welcoming. The dining room is small but charming with a beautiful fireplace and tables to sit at. In order to prepare your breakfast you were asked to set a time for breakfast each day. There were not a lot of choices for breakfast but what we had was adequate and plentiful. The staff was friendly, helpful and hard working. Each afternoon my husband enjoyed the sweetened tea and the delicious cookies and cakes. We did stay for wine and snacks on one occasion and conversation with other guests, what fun!! Chuck was engaging and helpful with tips on places to visit and restaurants for lunch and dinner. We stayed in the garden area and our room was spacious and clean. We had plenty of clean towels, toiletries, and a nice bathrobe to wear after showering. Our only wish was that the shower head had delivered a better stream of water. We had plenty of hot water but the shower head was nothing like home. Who doesn't like a nice forceful shower after a long day? We would definitely consider the Foley House if and when we return to Savannah. The location was ideal for people who didn't have a car (you really don't need one, everything is within walking distance) and it was across the street from where Forest Gump was filmed sitting on the bench waiting for the bus with his box of chocolates. Savannah was beautiful, come on down!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dkj3042
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Let me start with a few adjectives about Foley House: exquisite, stellar, elegantly charming, friendly, welcoming, genuinely awesome! Standouts are the friendly, welcoming staff and the food--full breakfast (best biscuits anywhere), afternoon homemade delicious sweets with tea and coffee, and plentiful wine and appetizers in the early evening. Our period-decorated room was heavenly--and spacious. Lovely classical music plays in the two adjoining drawing rooms (where meals are served as well) as a background for chatting with delightful guests. And I can't forget LOCATION. It's in the heart of Savannah's Historic District, perfect for seeing the loveliest of cities. Thank you, Foley House folks, for providing us with the best stay anywhere, ever.

Room Tip: We had the one-bedroom suite, and it was perfect in every way.
1  Thank Diane R
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Foley House Inn is my favorite place to stay in Savannah. The hotel is charming and beautiful. The staff always make me feel like "one of the family". The rooms are comfortable and interesting, which is what you would expect from a B&B on Chippewa Square. I've been lucky enough to stay in a few different rooms and each one has its own character. Their breakfast is delicious and perfect before heading out for the day. Also, the location is great, which is another reason I love this place. Easy access to everything in Savannah, like fantastic restaurants and landmarks. The experience is always wonderful and I'll continue to stay here whenever I'm in area. If you plan to visit Savannah, make it a point to stay at the Foley House. You will love it as much as I do!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the inn have a great view of Chippewa Square.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo