“Romantic Dream vacation with an excellent location”
Review of Foley House Inn

Foley House Inn
Ranked #8 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Romantic Dream vacation with an excellent location”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for on our honeymoon and came back again for our last anniversary. Its so romantic and the location is fantastic. The bed was comfortable and the jacuzzi tub was wonderful. The courtyard is a great spot to drink tea and the breakfast is yummy. Its walking distance to a great bookshop, some delicious restaurants, and romantic horse drawn carriage rides can be found just around the corner. The staff is very friendly without being intrusive and the decor is so lovely.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband & I got a steal of a deal finding the Foley House Inn for our anniversary.... You get so much for your monies worth- a large yummy breakfast (waitstaff friendly & remember your needs), high tea with snacks & happy hour. The location is a dream as you can walk to everything, and we did, streets are well lit, clean, and you feel safe. The Inn itself is very charming, with lovely spaces indoor and a gorgeous back patio to out to enjoy as well, and very clean spacious rooms with Aveda products. We brought our dog and it was the most dog friendly place we've ever stayed, the Inn keepers made it so accommodating for us to venture out on a carriage ride or dinner without pup & said they'd call me if she was upset - never happened as she was so happy there! Excellent service from the staff... We'll definitely be back, LOVE Savannah & love the Foley House Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor Grimthorpe, lovely, spaciou and dog friendly overlooks the Presbyterian...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We just returned from a stay in Savannah. My husband surprised me with a trip to Savannah and this B&B. It was a total hit! The Inn is quaint with a feeling that one just stepped back in time. All the all charm and sophistication one might imagine of the late 1800-early 1900s. Rooms are in line with the period. Nice, comfortable, and detailed amenities.
The staff is exceptional! From the moment we arrived they were warm and helpful in assisting us with tours, parking, and dinner plans. You quickly feel at home. The Inn hosts an afternoon tea, evening wine and appetizer, and breakfast. All events were wonderful and the food was outstanding. Again served with a comfortable elegance that one doesn't see often.

I expect that I will visit Savannah again and this will be an establishment I will come back to often. I recommend Foley Inn to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
savannah, ga.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

When my friends come in from out of town this is where we all stay. We like it a lot because it is affordable for such a quality Inn. And we are spoiled. The front desk person who has the French accent, Christine, is I assume is the inn keeper. Every request was attended to, the breakfast was good, the beds comfortable and the building itself is lovely. The location could not be better. There was a couple staying at the Inn who were getting married and utilized the
"package" set up for them. They were happy with how it went, even though there was a light shower of rain. We will always go back, mostly because of the service, location and professional way everything is handled.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from a long weekend in Savannah. It was our first time visiting this charming town, and the both Savannah and the Foley House Inn not only met, but exceeded our expectations. Our innkeepers Chuck and Christine were accommodating and professional, and the entire staff was friendly and eager to please. We stayed in the Stafford Room which is the original master bedroom of the house. This spacious room has a comfy four poster bed, high ceilings, a bay window, a large and modern bathroom, and my favorite feature, a balcony facing Chippewa square...It's one of more expensive rooms at the inn but definitely worth the price! With homey touches like breakfast prepared to order and served in the garden, tea and sweets in the afternoon, and wine and hors d'oeuvres in the early evening, the Foley House has something for everyone. And they are pet friendly too...which made me not so homesick for my dog during vacation. And finally, you can't beat the location. The Foley House Inn is in the heart of the historic district and we were able to comfortably walk to all the wonderful parks, squares, shops, restaurants, and nightlife that the beautiful city of Savannah has to offer! We can't wait to come back and enjoy some more of the Southern hospitality, Y'all!

Room Tip: Choose the Stafford Room #104...spacious room, high ceilings, large bathroom, with a balcony facing...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The Foley House Inn was the best bed and breakfast experience! We stayed for three nights and the staff was impeccable. Dee and Christine went out of their way to help us around the city and were just delightful to chat with. I will recommend this B&B to everyone I know visiting Savannah!!

• Stayed June 2014
Albemarle, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Foley House for our honeymoon from May 18-20, 2014. The atmosphere was amazing and very quaint and cozy. Our room was very nice with a very historic feel to it...and very romantic I must add. Perfect for our honeymoon get away!

The staff there were all very friendly and accommodating. We learned, however, that Katie's last day was the day we were leaving. She was headed home to California and I am certain she will be missed by all the guests of the Foley House, past and present (from May 20, 2014 anyway). She was very helpful is getting the room booked and helping my husband plan the best surprise of our honeymoon.....a horse and buggy ride!! I LOVED IT and it made me cry tears of joy!!

The only two negative things I could say was:

1) We lost power the morning we were to leave (they didn't pay their power bill....JUST KIDDING!!! They were doing work on the street the Foley House was on and had to turn the power off for a few hours and that's the honest truth!) And

2) Parking was a bit hectic...you have to pay for parking from Monday-Friday and we misunderstood the lady who was working when we checked in and ended up getting a parking ticket. The Foley House SOLD us a parking pass for $7 a day. It just seemed for the cost of the room a parking pass would have been included but $14 is not going to ruin the time we had there or prevent us from returning.....we'll just know better next time :o)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple