“Great place for a Savannah stay!”
Review of Foley House Inn

Foley House Inn
Ranked #8 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This inn is a great location and the staff was very helpful. Everything is within walking distance. Breakfast was great and nice way to start the day. Only downside was parking in the neighborhood. Definitely would recommend the Foley House.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Foley House Inn was great from the start to finish. Excellent downtown location with a parking pass right in front. Our dog was with us, and innkeepers were very kind to her. Evening and afternoon snacks were really tasty, homemade, and a welcome turn from any hotel. Our room looked out on the patio which was quaint and well kept. Comfortable room, great bathroom and amenities. The historical aspect of the inn makes it even more enchanting. Staying in a room that was built so long ago was neat. The decor of the inn was very Southern upper class but every employee we encountered was so very friendly and helpful. Lastly, the breakfast was outstanding, several courses. Very delicious breads and egg dish, but I think I'd have to say the homemade grits were the best. Lovely breakfast, and super-kind servers. The location of the inn made it very appealing also. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There's stairs to go up to the entrance if that helps. We stayed on the lower level which was q...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2014

After enduring the humiliating, dehumanizing and often traumatic nature of modern air travel, one must be reminded of the joys of civilization. The Foley House Inn offers the perfect opportunity to remind a weary traveler of the benefits of culture and humanity. The re-introduction to civilized society begins at the moment of arrival as one greeted with the soothing sounds of classical music softly emanating through the salon and living room. And it does not end there. Oh, no. Whether it is the savory collations and delectable sweets or the opulent accommodations, the Foley House Inn continually reminds the guest to relax and enjoy the trappings of high culture.

My wife and I recently took advantage of the elopement package offered by the Foley House Inn. The entire staff was most helpful and even encouraging! The wedding, which was arranged by Chiquitta, exceeded our expectations. We could not be happier! This was not our first time at the Foley, and it definitely will not be our last! The Foley is a great way to fully enjoy and appreciate Savannah!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UGARich
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

A great central location in a romantic city full of history. The staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating for our late arrival. We loved our room and will definitely stay here again. My wife could not have been happier and this stay provided a much needed spark. We personally prefer this location as opposed to being along the river which can be noisy. With so many great restaurants close by and the parks along Bull St, I don't know why anyone would chose to be in a different location.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My dog and I spend 4 nights in 401 Wrest House. The room was lovely, and I appreciated the Inn's location. Every breakfast was wonderful, and I enjoyed a few of the wine and appetizer receptions. I had somewhat of a ghostly experience during my last evening, but I would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here for a couple nights, it is in a great location. We walked to everything and we're able to come and go without any hassles. The home is nice with a couple great courtyards that were nice for coffee or a drink. The service was good, everyone was friendly and eager to help with suggestions and directions etc.

The downside were the rooms and the breakfast. Our room was noisy, not terrible but you can here people walking around etc. in the morning coffee was not available when I got up and the egg and ham breakfasts was not with getting up for.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Delray-TA
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for on our honeymoon and came back again for our last anniversary. Its so romantic and the location is fantastic. The bed was comfortable and the jacuzzi tub was wonderful. The courtyard is a great spot to drink tea and the breakfast is yummy. Its walking distance to a great bookshop, some delicious restaurants, and romantic horse drawn carriage rides can be found just around the corner. The staff is very friendly without being intrusive and the decor is so lovely.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple