“Terrific B and B”

Ranked #7 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Charleston, WV
“Terrific B and B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2008

We spent five nights at the Foley House Inn, a beautiful and comfortable facility with an efficient and attentive staff. The breakfast was bountiful and delicious, as were the sweets in the afternoon and the evening snacks served with wine. Our room was lovely and nicely furnished, including a flat screen tv.

The staff of the Inn is a big plus. Gina and Shannon made numerous reservations and other arrangements for us while providing insider information about the city. Mamie and Delia were especially helpful, tweaking our food preferences with good humor.

Foley House is perfect -- right in the middle of the historic district. We appreciated being within walking distance of everything we wanted to do but still a good distance away from the busy river area.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2008

My wife and I enjoyed a long weekend getaway in Savannah at the Foley House Inn. This was our 2nd stay there; the 1st was in 2003. This stay was even better. We enjoyed our spacious room (301 "Easton Lodge") which had a bay window overlooking the square. Jason, the host, was very warm and accomodating. We enjoyed wine and hors d'ouvres with the other guests in the living room nightly at 6pm. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Liked — Beautiful historic building; warm and accomodating staff; great location
  • Disliked — Bathroom fixtures and features was a bit dated
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2008

I stayed at the Foley House last month, and I'm so glad I did. The staff was gracious and welcoming, and the Inn was beautiful. My room was spacious, clean and tastefully furnished. I especially enjoyed the breakfast and homemade treats in the afternoon. The location is great too, being within walking distance to everything I wanted to see. I'm already planning to come back...the Foley House is my "home away from home" in Savannah!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2008

Before I begin, let me say that I am normally the type of traveler that will stay in a brand-new Marriott or Hilton Hotel when traveling and have never stayed in a bed and breakfast before. But for my first trip to Savannah, I wanted to have a more authentic experience. I recently stayed at the Foley House Inn (November 2008) for a romantic getaway weekend with my boyfriend. It was my first time visiting the city and our first time staying at a bed & breakfast. And I must say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED everything about the Foley House Inn.

The staff was extremely friendly and went above & beyond to make us feel at home. Whenever we needed something, be it directions or snacks, the staff always responded quickly and courteously to our requests. We had the pleasure of staying in the Wren House on the top floor. Our room was so gorgeous, beyond spacious, and very clean. The bathroom had an amazingly large jacuzzi tub and lovely view of the square across the street. The bedroom has lovely antique furniture, a nice fireplace, and a beautiful four-poster bed. I felt so comfortable and at home during our stay that we didn't want to leave at the end of the weekend.

We also enjoyed the fact that a fresh southern breakfast was served each morning, followed by appetizers and wine in the evenings for all guests. This aspect of the B&B experience I liked because you do NOT get that type of service included in your stay at a regular chain hotel.

The location was very convenient for us as well, especially since we were new to the area. We were able to walk to Drayton and River Streets, which both had some great little shops, bars, and excellent restaurants. The neighborhood was quiet and I felt safe walking to & from the hotel at night.

I would definitely recommend the Foley House Inn to anyone who wants a quiet and relaxing stay while in Savannah. I plan on staying there the next time I visit the city! It made my trip that much more memorable!!

• Liked — The rooms and the staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2008

There is a group of individuals (8 of us) that take a weekend once per year and experience a bed and breakfast together. We choose a B & B from the Select Registry and look forward to this trip all year. We have been doing this for over 6 years. This year, we were incredibly disappointed. Really not sure how this property was in the registry. We are NOT hard to please however here is some feedback because we really do love B & B's!!!
No property manager...in fact the young lady working said she had only seen the owner once on property in over a year?? It was so obvious there was no Owner involvement. The fireplace in the most expensive room was leaking gas and both my husband and I were sick. Over $800 the room should have been outstanding. Our friend said their room had dust everywhere, looked as though no one had stayed there in months. The help was less than professional???? We had to get our own coffee for breakfast, butter was frozen, no suger free food for diabetes, the menu was a joke.

Stayed November 2008
foleyinnowner, Owner/Innkeeper at Foley House Inn, responded to this review, 24 November 2008
My name is Grant Rogers and I am the owner of the Foley House Inn. I am truly sorry that anderson59 did not enjoy their stay at our inn. My staff and I work very hard to ensure that every guest leaves fully satisfied and obviously in the case of the anderson59 we have failed. I do feel compelled to respond to some of the accusations made by these guests.

As I said, I am the owner and I am here Monday - Friday from about 8am to 5pm. I see and talk to all of my employees and many of my guests everyday. Please feel free to call me. The Inn's number is 800-647-3708. I will be happy to talk to you about our Inn, a reservation or the weather. When I am not here I am always on call and can be reached at a moments notice. Also, when I am not here one of my managers, Chiquita or Gina is here. At no time is the Inn without qualified management on site.

I checked the room that anderson59 stayed in. There is no smell of gas. That room (104 Essex) is our most popular because it has 2 working fireplaces and I have never had such a complaint from anyone before. In fact, anderson59 never complained about it while they were here. If they had I would have had a repair man look at it and I would have offered to move them to another room. They never let anyone know there was such a problem.

We are always happy to cater to special dietary needs. All we need is a days notice so we can prepare something special. We do not stock sugar free syrup as these guests asked for at breakfast but that is an excellent suggestion and I will do so in the future. Diabetic, Kosher, Vegitarian or Vegan...Not a problem

My wife Allisen and I take great pride in our Inn and more importantly in our guests enjoyment. Had these guests given me any indication that they were unhappy I would have done anything in my power to fix it. Posting what I feel is unsubstantiated comments after the fact does not help me in making you happy. And that is what I and my staff strive for most. Again, my sincerest apology to anderson59.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2008

It took me awhile to write this review but having stayed at other B&B's in other parts of the country made me realize what a gem the Foley house is. The service was wonderful, warm without being intrusive. The breakfast was unreal. They had tea hour and at a later hour they had wonderful wine and port as well as delicious appetizers made fresh every evening not just a plate of cheese as I've seen sadly at other B&B's that cost the same amount of money to stay in.

The rooms are like a trip back in time. The Holidays were an amazing time to go. This to me is the way every B&B should treat its guests. It is expensive but well worth every penny. You are not just paying for the luxury of being in Savannah but for the small unique thoughtful details of the inn which really make you feel decadent and very well taken care of.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Can't think of a single thing
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
Viera, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2008

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Savannah and we stayed at the Foley House Inn. This was our first B&B, we tend to stay in codos so that we have all the comforts of home. I must say that I loved the Foley House and I'd definitely stay again.
Jason and Gina were fabulous! We arrived to Savannah before check in at 3:00 however were allowed to check in early which was very nice. We brought our dog Coco along with us and were made to feel like family. We stayed in the Wadsworth room because it was pet friendly and it was very comfortable. I will say don't book this room if you like to sleep in because the parlor is right above you and you can hear a little walking around and talking by the other guests. The breakfast was very good as were the treats midday and the evening wine and snack were good also.
The location of the inn was also fantastic. We were in the center of everything, a 10 min walk got you where ever you needed to go.

• Liked — Great staff and LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
  • Disliked — Room location...below parlor.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)