“Foley House Inn”

Foley House Inn
Ranked #8 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Umatilla, Fl.
Reviewed 3 September 2005

We just completed our stay at the FoleyHouse in Savannah for our 25th anniversary. Our stay there was wonderful. The staff and service was excellent. We had never been to Savannah and had many questions as to what to do. Their staff took care of everything for us. Their breakfast every morning was delicious. The atmosphere was very relaxing. We met many nice couples during our stay. I would recommend the Foley House to anyone. It was truley a Southern Hospitality stay.

• Stayed: August 2005

Arlington Va.
Reviewed 5 July 2005

As world wide travelers my husband and I stayed closer to home on this trip and were so glad of it. The Foley house Inn exceeds our expectations. Although the Inn Owner was away at he time, their son Ryan did them very proud. He was absolutely delightful. From the moment we stepped in to reception we knew we had made a great choice. Julia the concierge greeted us with total effeciancy including a typed itinerary which proved so valuable.all of her dinner selections were perfect as well. the chef who prepared not only the delicious breakfasts as well as the hors ouvres at coctail time was not only a great cook but a lovely person. her grits were absolutely delicious. the location cannot be improved upon and for those who saw the movie forest Gump Chippawa square was the place to be. Would we go again, in aheart beat Jand J. Arlington Va

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ft. Worth, TX
Reviewed 5 July 2005

Our visit to the Foley House Inn was absolutely wonderful! The accommodations were spectacular, as was the personal service from the friendly but unobtrusive staff. It made our trip to Savannah memorable!

Stayed: June 2005
Reviewed 21 June 2005

No visit to Savannah would be complete without a stay at Foley House. This special inn is a classic Italianate gem, overlooking Spanish moss-draped Chippewa Square, made famous as the place Forrrest Gump waited for the bus with that box of chocolates. It's nestled beneath the church spire around which that feather floated on its way to film history. Foley House has many hidden charms behind that solid oak door. For one, it's actually two dwellings, side by side melded into one exquisite lodging place. A favorite view is from the base of the two sets of stairs separated only by a thin wall. Standing at the cusp provides a virtual stereoscopic look up the dual staircases and the ornate woodwork. Each room is appointed with the most opulent British Colonial furnishings from the turn of the 20th century. One example is the Empire Room, the grand suite replete with an ebony baby grand player piano, gaslight fireplace, spa and luxurious linens covering canopied beds. The parlors, hallways and breakfast rooms are homey and comfortable with much to explore and gaze upon. A cherished element is an ornate lamp gracing the base of the grand staircase. It's an heirloom prop from the film "Gone With The Wind" and is prominently seen as Rhett utters the "don't give a ---" line before disappearing out the door. The outdoor terraced lounging area, statuary, land- and container-scaping and babbling water fountains make this a truly enchanting place just inside the walls from the vibrant Savannah streets. As for service, Foley House treats each guest like royalty. We urge discerning travelers to experience Foley House as their home away from home...in Savannah. To stay there is an unforgettable experience. Gail Lowe and Calvin Anderson, Travel Writers from Massachusetts

• Stayed: October 2004, travelled on business
1  Thank Gail0105
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 13 June 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Foley House Inn for our honeymoon. It was a wonderful experience! The Foley House is a teriffic 'romantic getaway' spot. The rooms were beautiful and the service here was amazing. Everyone really went out of their way to ensure that my husband and I had the best possible experience. My husband and I will certainly return when the chance arrives, and I would encourage anyone who is considering staying in Savannah to stay at the Foley House Inn.

Reviewed 12 June 2005

The Foley House is in the best location - it is easy to walk to the restaurants and other sites including the Riverfront. It has so much character. The staff was wonderful. Patrick is especially helpful - called a taxi for us and all the other people who were going out to dinner - we had planned on walking, but it was pouring down rain. I wasn't crazy about the breakfast - but I'm an extremely picky eater. The bed was wonderful! Wish I had it here at home. The Inn Keeper was so nice, friendly, helpful and easy to talk to. Desserts and wine and snacks were all wonderful - very tasty. It is a little pricey, but I would go back.

Athens, GA
Reviewed 12 June 2005

Every time we go to Savannah, which is several times a year, we stay at the Foley House -- and for many reasons. Our daughter and her husband live in the Historic District, and I serve on the board of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Georgia. Of course we love visiting the children, and I attend several state board meetings of the NSCDA in GA each year. The Foley House is located perfectly for us to walk to Wright Square where our children live, and for me to walk to the Andrew Low House, where my board meetings are held. Through the years past, we have stayed at many of the B&Bs in Savannah, until we discovered the special services and charm of The Foley House under the management of the Zelwens. In fact, years ago, my husband rented every room in every B&B for an international meeting of scientists for their first global meeting -- so we really know the ins and outs of every single one! The Foley House has always provided us with an excellent home-away-from-home. The Innkeepers are the most charming couple. The rooms beautiful and comfortable, the food divine. They go to extra lengths to make sure we have our dinner reservations properly made prior to arrival, and even after we arrive if necessary. Staff is just so nice -- as we expect from all gracious Southerners! They always allow our children to drop in at the Wine hour to share the wine and goodies provided for guests. Such a nice gesture. My husband and I highly recommend The Foley House for your trip to Savannah. It's the perfect location for a walking tour of the sights and restaurants and shops, and you will not be disappointed at the luxury of your accomodations.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member