“Wonderful Historic House, great staff”

The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn
Ranked #1 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Historic House, great staff”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed at Kehoe four nights. Staff was very helpful and very friendly. There s a nice wine-and-appetizer reception in the afternoon, and something sweet in the evening around 8PM. Nice "extra touches". The room was very spacious, and we found cookies on our bed each evening. (are you seeing a theme here?!) the breakfast was good, but not great....you have a choice of pancakes, French toast or eggs/omelet every morning...but after a couple mornings it was repetitive. The house is in a great location and makes it easy to walk to anywhere in the historic district.

Room Tip: 201 is reported to be haunted :-)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

King size rooms are large and light with high ceilings, exposed wood floors and very comfortable beds. The house is nicer than some of the museums nearby. Good breakfasts although at a shared table. Easy walking distance to all key sights. Helpful and friendly front desk. A good accommodation choice for Savannah.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dirk_London
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We spent three nights here for our anniversay and enjoyed ourselves. It is a small house with only a few rooms so it has an intimate feel. It is like a bed and breakfast in that you eat breakfast as a group in the main dining room, which is nice. We met some very nice people while enjoying the delicious breakfasts! The room we stayed in was very nice. It is an old home, so the rooms and bathrooms are not immense, but they are nice and nicely furnished. Each night they bring you fresh baked cookies. The people who man the front desk were also helpful - although perhaps not overly so - for instance when we called to ask about a taxi to go to dinner, they gave us the phone number for the taxi company instead of calling one for us....But on the whole we enjoyed ourselves and the hotel was within walking distance of most every place we wanted to go (other than the cemetary and tybee island....which is a drive from any hotel in Savannah).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The ambiance was nice and very charming. The hospitality of a few of the employees was questionable. It's nice that they provide a tea hour with cookies in the afternoon, wine and cheese in the evening, and cake at night. Breakfast was not bad. Bed was comfy. We stayed in the Juliette Gordon Low room. It had a fireplace, but just for show. As I understand it, none in any rooms were operable. But the two in the parlors were. While in the room, we heard the creaks of the boards of the room above us. And we are on the street so we heard every vehicle that drove by. Even though I booked the room for a friend and I, three ladies ended up staying there because we had a last minute joiner. They made a big stink about 3 people in a room but ended up just adding on a $25 fee to the room for accommodating the 3rd person. I am assuming it was for the breakfast and miscellaneous refreshments because they had no roll away bed so we brought an air mattress. However, they kept on forgetting that there were 3 people staying there. Turn down service only provided robes for two, cookies for two. There were only 2 glasses and bottles of water next to the ice bucket. At breakfast, our 3rd entree came out 10 minutes after the first two. You figure if they threw such a fit over the 3rd person being in the room, yet agreed to accommodate and charge a $25 fee, that they would make sure that 3rd person was not forgotten about and accommodated equally. For a 4 diamond property, I would expect their hospitality to be able to adjust to most out of the ordinary situations quickly and remain consistent. But they did not. We kept having to make requests for our 3rd person. When the final bill arrived under our door on the day of our departure, it was accompanied by a letter from the inn keeper stating how she happy she was to have us there and how she did her best to make sure we were comfortable. The letter also asked for tips twice. And the $25 charge was not on the final bill. I assumed that was because they recognized they were lacking and decided to remove it. When I went to check out, I was surprised to find out that she said we still owed the $25. Yet it was not on the final charges sheet. I decided not to question it and just paid it. But I felt I was deceived.

Room Tip: Juliette Gordon Low room has a water closet. The stand up shower and sink are right next to it in a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brandy D
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at the Kehoe House November 5th through the 8th to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. We decided to stay here after reading so many great reviews on trip advisor. We stayed in the Tomachichi room on the third floor and it was very nice. It had a shared balcony with one other room but we never saw the guests out there from the other room. The weather was beautiful the entire time and we sat out there a couple times to enjoy the weather and views. The room was very cozy with wood floors, a (non-working) fireplace and mantle and chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The king bed was very comfortable with a foam topper. They also had 6 pillows for us to share...A plus for me, I like a lot of pillows when I sleep. The only negative with the room is that it was quite dusty on the baseboards and edges of the floors but after bringing it to Susie's attention she made sure to have housekeeping dust and when we returned to our room that afternoon it was clean.
The breakfast was delicious each morning. You can choose from a list the night before and also choose to eat downstairs in the dining room with the other guests or have it delivered to your room up until 10:00 am. We enjoyed eating on our balcony one morning. The other mornings we ate downstairs and enjoyed talking with the other guests and comparing notes. As soon as we arrived downstairs they brought out fresh biscuits and jam to eat while we waited for our breakfast to be freshly cooked. The wine and appetizer service in the evening was very nice and the food delicious! Then in the evening after we came back from dinner they set out decaf coffee and
dessert. Susie, Kathy and Phil were all very friendly and offered helpful suggestions on restaurants and places to see. The cooking and housekeeping staff were all very friendly and made us feel special.
I ordered a surprise delivery off of their website back in August for my husband. They were to deliver champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries on Thursday at 4 pm. Somehow they got the date and time mixed up and when we got back to our room the first night (the 5th) on our bed and night stand sat chocolate covered strawberries and chilled Champagne and a card addressed to Mr. And Mrs.... At first I thought maybe a family member or friends had called to have them delivered as a surprise so I opened the card only to discover it was the exact message I had submitted on their website with my order addressed to my husband! I panicked and showed him the card and told him they were supposed to be delivered Thursday on our anniversary day. I brought everything downstairs and told Kathy it had been prematurely delivered. She checked her notes and somehow it showed it was to be delivered on the 5th. I had the print out from the website though showing Thursday at 4pm for delivery. The surprise was somewhat spoiled and I asked them to re- deliver on Thursday. They did but it wasn't a surprise the second time. We still enjoyed the champagne and strawberries but wish they had gotten the delivery date correct. I wish I had called before we arrived just to confirm the surprise delivery. It was all done electronically. Something to keep in mind if you decide to order any of their "gifts for guests" under the reservation tab on their website. We definitely recommend the Kehoe house and look forward to returning another time.

Room Tip: We saw many of the rooms on the second and third floors after they had been cleaned by housekeeping...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JenHe
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My fiance and I decided on this hotel because of the spectacular reviews and for the fact that it is supposedly haunted. We visited Savannah to celebrate his birthday and we got engaged the first night! The staff was wonderful and our room was beautiful. We stayed in the Emma Kelly room. While it was big and gorgeous (with a Jacuzzi bath I got to enjoy!) Its location left a lot to be desired. It is located on the courtyard level right under the parlor. Most of the time this was not a problem but being as he and I are both light sleepers we were awakened every time someone entered and walked around the parlor. Honestly this was our only complaint. We ordered breakfast each day to be delivered to our room. It was always delivered on time and still hot. We recommend the omelets! The biscuits served with it were also wonderful. When we arrived we were promptly checked in and we had someone help us to our room. The parking lot was easy to find but because of the awesome location Kehoe House is located in we never needed the car. Everything was within walking distance. The wine and hors d'oeuvres each night were a nice touch and we loved getting a glass of wine and walking out to the veranda. Each concierge was welcoming, knowledgeable, and always willing to help out with whatever we needed. We recommend this hotel for any couple needing an escape and we hope to return!!

Room Tip: Be careful choosing the emma kelly room is you are light sleeper. It is on the courtyard level so y...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were there Oct 13- Oct 17th for our honeymoon and loved our Choice with the Kehoe house! Very delightful staff, Susie helped alot w recommendations before our stay, Phil also recommended things while we were there.. It was a great experience, comfortable rooms and fantastic staff, will definitely stay here again in the future!! Thanks for the great southern hospitality!!

• Stayed October 2013