The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn
US$233
US$226
US$163
US$157
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$235
US$219
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscolumbia squaremercer roomprivate verandachef terryother guestspeach french toasthistoric districtcookieskelly roomquiet squarehouse is beautifuljohnny mercershared balconyfrittatahors d'oeuvres and winemade to order breakfastsouthern hospitality
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed 5 nights at the Kehoe and enjoyed the beautiful building, being within walking distance of all of the beautiful squares and even downtown, and the friendly staff. Things I didn't like other people have listed in their reviews - It needed a thorough cleaning from top to bottom. The rug on the stairs was not vacuumed the entire time we were there and showed not only a lot of wear but lots of dirt. Fuzz balls, dust, and even a tissue were under the buffet on the landing on our floor until it was cleaned on our last day. Our head board was out of fabric and was shredded on the bottom, along with stains on the sheets making the bed not very appealing. We were in the Johnny Mercer room in the front of the building and the tour busses and hearses made a constant commotion some nights as late as 10 pm. The picture of the room on the internet was old - no lush green plants and the curtains to the little sitting room were absent from the room. I guess I expected more for a $300 plus room.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Mercer room if you want a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara P
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The breakfast we had was delivered to our room, very nice touch. We had a relaxing time in the evenings with wine and cheese being served each day in the dining area. It is in a great location. Very beautiful building.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 21 January 2014

What an incredible Bed and Breakfast located in the downtown area of Savannah overlooking one of her beautiful Squares! It was perfect for our marriage enrichment retreat. From the moment we stepped into the door until we left, we were greeted, pampered, and felt right home with the elegance of Savannah's finest! The room was beautiful. My wife did not want to leave! From the evening wine and cheese to the full breakfast specially served either in our room or downstairs around a beautiful antique dinning room table, I could not of asked for more. The hospitality of the staff made you feel right at home. We were an easy walk to all the restaurants. This was important since we were are all couples who have been married for over 30 years. I will definitely be back next year to the Kehoe House if not sooner!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

On a positive note, the Kehoe House is in a great location for walking to great shops and restaurants in Savannah. In addition, this bed and breakfast offers an assortment of food and beverage pretty much throughout the day. Finally, the common areas in the old house have lots of appeal. Other than those positives, I was disappointed with my recent stay at this bed and breakfast. As mentioned by other posters, the inn needs a really good cleaning. In particular, I noticed stains on the bedding in my room. The floors and molding also needed attention.

The "made to order" breakfast was very average, and my family of 4 never received our meals at the same time. Two of us would be nearly finished with our meal by the time the other two received theirs. When staying at other bed and breakfasts, I always looked forward to the creative culinary options at breakfast, something different each morning. Here, the menu is the same every morning. Though you can choose from a menu, the choices are very limited. We also almost always had to wait to be seated as the dining room table was full. To be fair, the staff could hardly help that some guests lingered after eating, but perhaps there needs to be additional seating for the early morning rush. This would also solve the problem of the staff not having the opportunity to clean up between guests. My eating area was normally sticky with lots of visible crumbs. The staff would change out linens, but I never saw them wipe off the placemats.

As far as the rooms, I can only speak for the two that my family occupied: the Bolzius Room and the Juliette Gordon Low Room. Both needed attention. There were no rugs and few decorative pieces that would have enhanced the rooms' appearance. On my bedside table, there was a lamp, and an ipod player with a clock that didn't work. I believe that the Bolzius room must be bottom of the line. It was very small, and in the bathroom, I struggled to find a place to set my toiletries. The Juliette Gordon Low Room seemed a bit better but still unremarkable.

I wouldn't stay here again and would not recommend it to my friends. There are plenty of other good options for the price in Savannah.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank novelchick
Courtney R, Manager at The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our guests provide the most valuable feedback and we take each review into careful consideration as we are constantly striving to improve the Kehoe Experience.

Our breakfast selections have been well-loved by many returning guests for some time now but we agree that a little chance would be welcome. With the New Year we have implemented a few changes; the most notable being that the breakfast menu will change with each day.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to improve on this recent experience. When planning your next visit to the Savannah area, please feel free to reach out to me directly as I would be thrilled to discuss the changes we are making and to have the opportunity to be your Savannah host again!

Courtney Roberts
Guest Services Manager
guestservicesmanager@kehoehouse.com

Reviewed 27 December 2013

First things first! The staff at the Kehoe House could not have been nicer!
Phil, Charles and Dominic were very professional and extremely accommodating! THAT is extremely important, as they would be the first faces you see upon entering the building!

If you love old woodwork and design, you will love this historic home and its location. I feel, though, it VERY MUCH OVER PRICED! It was however, dressed up for Christmas and looked beautiful. The public rooms are large and comfortable. We found everyone very polite and accommodating.

You can expect that old plumbing is not like new plumbing, and old fixtures. It's the guest room filth that disturbed me, in particular! It is totally unacceptable, and it was OLD dirt, not last weeks filth. Your staff took care of it, immediately, except for the light fixture, which I felt needed a pro.

Breakfast was o.k. but if you stay more than a few days, you will get bored! The highlight would be the afternoon cocktail hour, which had lovely delights every evening. If you can handle it, desert between 7-8p was wonderful! You can always have a cup of coffee or tea during the day.

Your policy of including the employee 'tip' on our MasterCard is a joke. You want to split it 'fairly' among all your employees? Really? Did you every ask your employees how they felt about that?
How does one know if they ever received any tip? I'm certainly not happy with tipping someone who doesn't do his/her job, and I don't imagine the other employees care for that idea either.
Mutiny on the Bounty, would be my guess. Since most owners of B&B's and guest houses, live on the premises, they can control what goes on, most of the time. An invisible landlord, as is the case here, takes the cash and gives everyone a salary.

As I stated, it's a lovely old home, but not much attention is going into this old southern belle. Outside woodwork, casements and drainage, never mind the leaking hall windows by the elevator, are taking a beating. If the owner isn't willing to keep up with the upkeep of an old building, then I'm curious as to the 'bottom line' numbers here? I think your employees are getting a very raw deal, and as nice as they all are, you are very lucky to have them!

Room Tip: No fitness center, but couldn't undo selection. Front rooms, as ours, have a nice view of the square. Our room had a balcony, but it was too chilly to use, and when it's wet, it's very slippery.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank podunk13

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your observations. I am pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations as they take such delight to playing host to our Savannah visitors! However, I am disappointed to learn of the state in which you discovered your room upon arrival. This is certainly not up to our standards and, understandably, negatively impacted your perception of your vacation here with us.

I thank you also for the review of our breakfast offerings. With the change of the New Year we have implemented a few changes to our breakfast offerings which will allow for more variety from one day to the next.

I hope you will allow us a chance to redeem ourselves in your eyes and show you the true glory of this Old Southern Belle! The next time your travel plans bring you to Historic Savannah, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. It would be my pleasure to assist in any way.

Courtney Roberts