The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn
East Bay Inn(Savannah)
Excellent 5/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewscolumbia squaremercer roomb bprivate verandachef terryother guestspeach french toasthistoric districtcookieskelly roomquiet squarehouse is beautifuljohnny mercershared balconyfrittatahors d'oeuvres and winemade to order breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

After thoroughly enjoying and taking in the complete history of this beautiful old building is when we began to feel at home. The service and room were impeccable. The balcony completed the stay!! The weather was perfect and breakfast outside started the day on the right foot!!! Staff was knowledgable and very friendly!!!! Well worth it!!!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Iscreamuscream1314
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at the Kehoe house for our anniversary, was not disappointed. Everything they promise you get!! Bed was so comfortable,easy walking distance to everything Historic Savannah has to offer. It is pricey, but you do feel like royalty!! All the staff was great, but Bridgette stood out, it was like visiting with a dear friend. They are all helpful, have great suggestions on what to do while in Savannah! Only thing that I did not see that I was expecting was Ghosts!! Only complaint would be that I had to pull out the nightstand to plug in my phone and there where a few dustbunnies.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were supposed to stay at the Gastonian, but were transferred to Kehoe House when a pipe broke under the room we had reserved at the Gastonian. The hotel was okay, except that none of the electronics seemed to work correctly. The real problem was the breakfast, and the service that went with the breakfast. We were there for two days, and the first was okay. The breakfast was unbelievably salty, and we had been given completely inaccurate information the night before when we asked what was in the frittata. The second day, we asked for some changes to the eggs benedict (no hollandaise sauce on one and eggs cooked hard on the other). When we came down for breakfast, there was only one couple downstairs who were finishing up their breakfast. We talked to them for about 15 to 20 minutes before anyone else came down, but never got our food. Then, everyone else who had come down long after us started getting their food. After about 35 minutes, we were told that we had "gotten lost in the shuffle," which was ridiculous since no one was downstairs when we arrived. I eventually left and got a much better breakfast at the Starbucks. My mother (who I was travelling with) waited and eventually got her "Southern Eggs Benedict," which is eggs benedict with a layer of pimento cheese, but despite her special request, the eggs were completely runny. Basically, she waited 45 minutes for a special request that she didn't get, and the staff was incredibly dismissive. I would never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Katya303
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Yes, this was used as an old funeral parlor (thus the reason for the large doors and elevator for gurneys), but don't let that scare you away. This house is beautiful and the staff is wonderful; the example of southern hospitality. Yes, the rooms are old, but the house is old. However, the ambiance sets a couple up for a romantic visit. Definitely ask for a room with access to one of the balconies, and then have breakfast outside on the balcony. On a nice spring or fall day, this will be a perfect touch. This house will be on every tour (city and ghost), so you must stay if only to satisfy your curiosity about the house itself. You won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Request a room with access to a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

In my opinion the Kehoe House is the best place you could stay in Savannah. I don't even know where to begin! The excellent customer service began when I called to make the reservation. I knew we were in for a treat! There is always an innkeeper at the front desk 24/7 to take care of any of your needs. We stayed for 4 nights in the Juliette Gordon Low room which was very spacious and had the most comfortable bed! You get a custom made breakfast every morning with your choice of 2 options, but you can customize it any way you want so one morning I just wanted scrambled eggs and they made that for me. I never felt like I was a burden and the staff always made me feel like they were always available for me.

There is also complimentary snacks, wine, biscotti, coffee, water, tea, soda offered throughout the day. The house is just absolutely gorgeous and I do think it's the nicest one in Savannah. There is also a convenient private parking lot within walking distance that you can park your car for $12/day. I found this very convenient so I didn't have to worry about finding parking or moving my car for the street cleaners.

The only thing that I think the Kehoe House could improve upon is the cleanliness of the "little details" at the inn and in the rooms. Just like a previous reviewer mentioned there was a straw wrapper that was left on the stairs EVERY DAY we stayed there. It became a joke to me to see if the wrapper was still there. They obviously don't vacuum often but also nobody every picked it up. Underneath our bed was also very dirty. However, overall I felt the house was very clean!

There is also an elevator for anyone handicapped or having heavy luggage! Very convenient and not in most historic homes. Supposedly haunted, but we didn't have any experiences. It's also in a great location and convenient for walking anywhere.

I would definitely return and will only stay at the Kehoe House when I'm in Savannah. I'll also recommend this house to anyone visiting. Thanks for making it an amazing experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family