“Great quick escape”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome home! We are happy to have you to stay with us!
We are growing kumquats and tangerines in the front, lemons, bloodoranges, and tangelos in backyard Meet Gargamel, the 800 lb bronzed statue that overlooks front yard, notice his Irish roots
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Welcome home! We are happy to have you to stay with us!
Meet Oreo, our resident cat, who adopted us. She is an outdoor cat only.
The living room comes with tv and two futons pulls out to a luxurious bed, and table was distressed
This wall of art is of pictures all in black and white or sepia that we either took or liked.
Our living room has a beautiful picture that my mother in law painted, she is very talented
This is the dining room, which includes birdhouse wine rack we found and distressed.
Beautiful original claw foot tub reglazed with Italian glass porcelain floor
These kitchen cabinets are painted in haint blue, which is to protect the house from ghosts and bugs
Our kitchen comes with coffee maker, microwave, coffee, creamer, tea, & hot chocolate, all you need!
We have a full kitchen stocked with pots, pans, slowcooker, pressure cooker, dishes etc
Unusual antique wood stove serves as an end table in Master bedroom
This is the Peace room, very soothing and airy with tv and roku
Peace room
Peace room has tv and extra pull out sleeper sofa for children
Gypsy room replete with alot of color and vibrancy. Wait until you see the chandelier!
Gypsy room has tv
zen room
newly remodeled upstairs bathroom
newly renovated bathroom with spanish tile
Full shot of the back of the house and backyard. there is a grill and seating, plus tables
This is our backyard patio, recycled from the fireplaces in the house. Perfect for entertaining
Pergula in backyard and clawfoot tub repurposed as water feature with herbs surrounding it
our first avocado!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kristen F
“Not great.”
Reviewed 8 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

So, let's start with the good: I enjoyed the house itself. The setup is a tad quirky (the upstairs bathroom is situated between 2 bedrooms), but it's an old house, so that didn't bother me. The neighborhood seemed kinda sketchy at first, but sitting on the steps everyday and talking to the neighbors proved to be really enjoyable. Speaking of sitting on the steps, I loved Oreo. She(he?) was a little shy at first, but by the end of our stay, we were BFFs.

The bad: The house was kinda dirty. There were expired condiments in the fridge, dusty and expired spices on the spice rack (some by a couple of years), and some of the dishes looked suspect. After throwing out the expired goods, we decided the paper plates would be a safer bet.

Worse was the bathrooms. There were leftover bottles of shampoo and face wash, empty ripped open sample packs of products, razors (with hair), and hair in the showers themselves.

And personally, I stayed in the gypsy room (beautifully decorated, btw). I don't know if it was the bed cover or not, but the bed was just uncomfortably hot. Even with the AC turned all the way up, I woke up sweaty.. but in all fairness, no one else has mentioned it, so it could just be me.

8 Nov 2017
First of all, thank you for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed our cat and some of the house. I think it is only fair to state, I do leave left over shampoos from previous guests as many people have been glad to use them when they have forgotten theirs. I also provide travel size bottles that are brand new. As for the razor, well, I do live in the home, so I also use tge facilities. The spices you looked at were not in fact expired, I reused the bottles as I grow my own spices every year from my little garden in the back yard. In fairness, I never looked on those bottles to see if there were dates since I knew the herbs were fresh but it is a good lesson to me . We wish you all the best and happy holidays!
Jacquelin...
“Not clean.”
Reviewed 7 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

When we arrived at the rental house the neighborhood was not as they described. It looked very rundown. I live in Milwaukee myself a very disverse area. The house next-door had recently had a fire and it was boarded up. We were informed of this before we arrived however she did not explain what the neighborhood was like. Upon entering the house everything looked great from the surface. We started to do our walk-through at that point checking bedrooms and you know just a normal inspection to see how clean the house was. Once we started pulling back the comforters and top sheets to the bedding that is when we noticed the hair on the sheets and dandruff along with what looked like pubic hair and animal hair on the beds. It wasn't just one bed it was 3 out of the 4 that were there. The one bedroom had a scarf like hanging over the bed which had a collection of dustbunnies filled in the scarfing area. We then moved to the bathrooms to do an inspection in there. Once in the bathrooms and looking over everything discovered mold, hair, dirt and paint chipping around the windows sills and falling into the shower area. The mold on the bathmats was black, I don't know how a cleaning person could miss that. We lifted the bath mat and there was dirt and hair under it also! After our inspection we contacted the owner and spoke with her she informed us that she would send over housekeeping. Once housekeeping arrived she apologized for everything and assured us that the owner would refund our money. At that point we did tell the owner because it would take too long to clean everything and we arrived at roughly about 730 at night that we would like a refund and we would be staying somewhere else. After a long day of travel we grabbed our bags and left to go find new accommodations. We did explain to the owner that one of the guest has asthma so to stay in a house that has dust,dander and mold is unacceptable. During our weekend stay at another location the owner of the house contacted us and let us know that she came up the very next morning and stayed for that weekend we couldn't have even gone back if we wanted to or had to. We understand that things happen but this is totally unacceptable. I would have stayed had it been clean. Their is no excuse for a home not being clean. The neighborhood was a little outside the main area of town. Just an uber ride away. I have used flipkey before with no problems.

9 May 2017
This review was posted two months after guests visit and done out of spite so I will not engage in a further discussion.The hundreds of guests I have served and their subsequent reviews both on here and other vacation rental sites tell the real truth. I bear no malice, and wish her well.
landofauz
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great quick escape”
Reviewed 8 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

This home had ample room, everything we needed plus great location. We will return again and hope to stay in this rental.

Courtneyt...
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

The home was absolutely amazing! A couple girlfriends and I came for a weekend getaway and had the time of our lives! The owners were nothing but helpful and the house was beautiful! Can't wait to book again!

16 Nov 2016
We always enjoy having groups of friends come to our house and enjoy themselves! Thank you for staying we hope to see you again!
Martha H
“Ladies on an Adventure.”
Reviewed 7 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

The house was warm. One felt welcomed in the home. It was spacious with plenty of room. The hardwood floors and ceilings added charm to the home. We loved the uniqueness of the bedrooms.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
13 Jan 2016
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again should you come this way! We appreciated the lovely note you left us and how well you cared for our home!
chelle l
“Girls Get Away!!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Last minute trip and Shana was wonderful about helping us!!! The house is a GORGEOUS Victorian style home with lovely detail. Minutes from everything you want, beach, shopping, dining, etc. Lots of room in the house so don't worry about tripping over one another. Thanks again Shana!!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
16 Jul 2015
Thank you Naomi! We loved having you and hope that you come back to visit us soon! I loved getting to know a little about you! We always want people to have a chance to experience Savannah and that it was a positive one for you makes me very happy! Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing