“Excellent Location”

Best Western Savannah Historic District
Ranked #52 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 March 2011

The location of this hotel can't be beat-- a short walk in one direction from the river and, in the other direction, the historic downtown and beautiful old squares. I was a bit disturbed when on checking in I found a printed note from the manager warning of noise and advising there would be no refunds, but fortunately we encountered no noise and both my wife and I slept like logs. Other nice features included two computers with free internet in the lobby, and a better-than-average free breakfast (mostly continental, but with hot make-them-yourself waffles). The price was a bit steep, I thought, but then again I'm not too familiar with what other hotels in the vicinity charge. All told, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markh111
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District! We appreciate your kind words and appreciate your business! Have a wonderful day!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Savannah Historic District

Reviewed 15 March 2011

We stayed two nights in January at the Best Western Plus in the Historic Distric of Savannah. Our room was nice decorated, very clean, and had a very large bathroom. We found the staff of the hotel to be very friendly and helpful. The area where they serve the breakfast was very large and clean and the choices on the continental breakfast were very nice. As other travelers have noted, the hotel provides a noise machine in the room and even includes a letter at check-in about the street noise. We did not have to use the noise machine either night and really didn't find we were bothered by street noise. I do think we were fortunate because the street seemed certainly busy enough to create enough noise to be a bother. I would think at busier times of the year would have more street noise and more pedestrian noise. Also, as others have mentioned, there is a $10 per night charge for parking in their lot..

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

We are so excited you enjoyed your stay in Savannah and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District as well! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 11 March 2011

I have to say that I had to check the reviews about 20 times before making reservations. In the past, Best Western was known for not being the best hotel to stay in. I made reservations and crossed my fingers. The hotel was way better than expected.

The outside picture you see doesn't do the hotel justice. It was attractive on the outside. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and friendly. The room was really nice. The carpet was cleaned and the bed and furniture was nice and up-to-date. The bathroom was nicely remodeled. It looked like it came out of a Marriott or Sheraton hotel.

This hotel is really noisy. The hotel is located on a main street and with this being an exterior hotel, you hear all the traffic, bumps, and all. The bed is nice but not really that comfortable. There are no luggage carts to help unload all your luggage. And the continental breakfast was great.

I can say I really enjoyed my stay and will probably stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2011

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! I hope when you return to Savannah you become one of the many BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District fans and a repeat guest! I am glad you enjoyed everything!

Reviewed 28 February 2011

This location is convienent to river strret but extremely noisy plus curb walk in rooms. Stay at the Hyatt 1 block away! A world of difference for minimual price difference!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

At the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District it is always our goal to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. We regret that the author of this review had a bad experience. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding service and accommodations.

Reviewed 22 February 2011

The hotel facilities are fine and the location is great but the hotel is on an extremely noisey street. When the hotel supplies noise cancelling machines for each room and advises you in a letter a checkin that the area is very noisey, it is just not worth the price.

Also, they charge $10/ night to park the car....in the own lot. This is just a ripoff.

Find other places to stay in Savannah.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo

The Best Western PLUS Savannah Historic District would like to take the time to apologize to the author of this review. We strive to provide the highest quality of customer care to all of our guests. I am sorry if we fell short.

Reviewed 9 February 2011

I purchased advertised certificates for this hotel via a third party reservation network. As per the certificates, "this entitles holder to a two (2) nigh stay, in a standard room, for $129 plus tax...Good 7 nights a week...Not good holidays and special events." On this evening, I made an attempt to make a reservation for 2 rooms at the Best Western Promenade for the dates of 3/11/11-3/13/11. As I attempted to book the reservation via the telephone (as instructed on the certificate), I was informed that they are unable to book a third party reservation if another customer has already utilized a certificate for that weekend. As a result, I am without a reservation; left with certificates that have not been honored by that hotel location. Beware of discounted advertisements from this hotel, because they seem to have found a plausible method to not honor their advertisement. Even if it's a non-holiday weekend, or a non-peak season for Savannah, they will say someone else already booked for the weekend you're requesting. It appears the goal is to extend out the days of non-availability until you finally reach peak season, when no rooms are available in the historic district. Why advertise something you find a reason not to honor or carry-out? Poor follow-through.

• Stayed: February 2011
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2011

Regrettably there was some confusion with the reservation process in this case. When the author of this review contacted the hotel to book their reservation they were told that the contracted rooms for that time period had already been consumed. We regret that this situation wasn’t handled in a way satisfactory to the author prior to writing this review, but we are following the guidelines agreed to by the third party reservation network. Comments such as theirs permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation. We are not in the business of misleading our guests, but the terms and conditions of the discounted certificates are very clearly defined as based upon availability. I really do appreciate the reviewer taking the time to explain their views regarding this situation, and I am certain that there are many open dates throughout 2011 in which the certificates can be used. We regret that this situation wasn’t handled in a way satisfactory to the author of this review; it was our understanding that the third party reservation network had explained all terms and conditions of this promotion prior to selling certificates.

Jeff Fouste

Reviewed 8 February 2011

Drunk kids fighting, loud bars right behind it, fire dept. called when someone decided to pull alarm at 1:00 am. There are machine in your room designed to block noise, did not help. Included in our package a note that they are not responsible for noise or refunds for noise.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

I am very disappointed to read your review and hear you did not enjoy your stay. I wanted to personally apologize and to let you know I will certainly follow-up on the issue's you mentioned. If you would like to share what transpired, please feel free to contact me directly at 912-629-2101. I sincerely apologize. Thank you, Jeff Fouste