“Fabulous location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clearwater, Florida
“Fabulous location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Clean, comfortable, and located within easy walking to the riverfront and historic district, excellent advice and tour information from kiosk in front lobby by longtime savannah residents .

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Music to my ears! We love Repeat Guests! Thank you for taking the time to share on Trip Advisor again!

Thanks,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

I will have to say, the price is a bit more than I would normally pay for a motel but we got the room free on a promotion. It is the nicest Best Western I have been in. My wife was very happy with the decor, the people were very nice and the location is excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! I hope when you return to Savannah you become one of the many BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District fans and a repeat guest! I am glad you enjoyed staying with us!

Thanks again,
Jeffrey A Fouste
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is the worst experience I've ever had dealing with a hotel staff. But first let me start with the hotel itself. Yes it is located in the historic district and close to everything, but when you book. Make sure you ask for a room facing Bay street. If they put you on the backside of the hotel it is very sketchy. There's an old industrial warehouse where people steal parking spots and the noise seeps right in through the hotel's paper thin walls. Now to the staff or should I say lack of. My girlfriend and I checked in and were immediately greeted by a very rude front desk agent. I think we annoyed her by trying to check in at 7 pm. The decor has not been redirected or updated in many many years. This is where it gets bad though. My girlfriend got food poisoning and made a mess on the bed. We used the few towels that were in there to clean the room the best we could. I stripped the bed and went down to ask for more linens or if something could be done. They strongly replied NO... Ok, no fresh linens, how about some extra towels to clean up the floors so it wouldn't stink so bad? Another strong No reply. I was truly shocked, amazed that they didn't have any towels. What kind of hotel runs out of towels. If I worked there, I would have had an employ go and buy some if I had a customer dealing with such a situation. To top it all off, I tried to contact the manager and general manager and even emailed their corporate office. I haven't gotten one single response back from anyone that works at Best Western. Truly a lack of competence and professionalism on their behalf. Do not stay there, the place sucks. It's in the ghetto part of the historic district too.

Room Tip: Do not stay here under any circumstances.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sam M
, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for contacting Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. I am embarrassed by the lack of service you received, and I will speak with the Front Office Manager immediately. It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. We rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation. If the author of this review would please contact the hotel so that we can rectify the situation it would be greatly appreciated. Again, please accept my sincere apologies. We look forward to bringing you resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

The room was clean and the beds are comfortable! The bathroom is very nice and spacious but I would prefer the sink space be separate especially to help out with a family trying to get ready. Still it was very nice for the price. There is a flat screen TV, small fridge and a continental breakfast included. The location is great! Close to riverfront, city market and in the historic district. There is no view of the river but it is close.
Also important - we needed a pet friendly place (we brought our small dog) and we needed to park a trailer pulling a boat! This was probably the only place for a reasonable price with a place to park a trailer! We enjoyed our stay here and would definately return!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Cmarie316
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your valuable feedback with others! We look forward to serving you again in the future! Thank you and enjoy your day!

BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I got a good price for my stay-and got what I paid for.
This is a great location at the NorthWest corner of the Historic District, in walking distance of lots to see and do-historic sights, buildings, restaurants, bars, etc.
It's an older place that had a decent "modernizing", with upgraded interiors and bathrooms.
But the hotel needs some more cleaning and maintaince. It looks a bit grimy and dirty-the outside needs more cleaning-maybe pressure washing.
When I went to the room, there were a couple of long black hairs on the shower floor, and some minor mildew in the tile grout joints.
I carry my own can of Lysol-and used it here.
There is wood rot around the windows, the doors between rooms don't fit well and are not sound proof.The air conditioners leak water onto the sidewalks.
It's very noisy-and management doesn't seem to care. But the front glass windows are cheap, single pane glass-no sound proofing.
They need to work harder, and spend some more money to keep up.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
At the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District it is always our goal to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. We regret that the author of this review had a bad experience. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding service and accommodations. If you would like to share any further information about what transpired, please feel free to contact me directly at 912-629-2101. I sincerely apologize.

Jeffrey A Fouste
Canton, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

My friend and I wanted to celebrate our birthdays and chose Historic Savannah as our destination. This hotel was EXCELLENT...I would give this hotel a "5" if the pool area was a little bigger. Access to the rooms is from outside so my first impression was these rooms would be average but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very welcoming and well decorated. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was included and for the money more than we expected! Great location! Hotel was walking distance to riverfront and market area. Ms. Mary set us up for a tour and was very helpful in answering all our questions. The staff was friendly and professional. I would recommend this hotel anytime!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! I hope when you return to Savannah next year for your birthday celebration you become one of the many BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District fans and a repeat guest! I am glad you enjoyed everything!

Thanks,
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Maggie Harley handled my group from day one. What a wonderful lady to work with. She was very helpful and informative making my job so much easier. Not to mention the location - there's no better location in Savannah and our trolley picked us up right in the lobby.

The hotel was very nice and the beds were very comfortable, no complaint at all!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
We are delighted you made the decision to stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District! Thank you for the wonderful compliments and we look forward to your return!