“Savannah Historic District”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lindale, United States
“Savannah Historic District”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hotel in a great location,but old and outdated.Bed was uncomfortable,A/C unit rattled and made noise while door didn't close very well.Some painting had been done and cleaning was taking place outside when we drove up.Since I'm a customer,I shouldn't have to pay 15.00 to park when I'm also paying for a room.Staff was great and helpful.I will go to another hotel in the area if I get to return to Savannah.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Excellent customer service, clean rooms with all working appliances. I was so glad that there was a fridge in the room. Big bathroom. Excellent location of the hotel. Close to everything. Also loved the fact how fast they clean your rooms. The only DRAWBACK is the $15 parking fees. Not cool

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Cherian T
New Milford, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had a fun stay in Savannah and hotel was within walking distance of historic district and river walk. city was very pet friendly as we had our dog with us. If your room faces the main street be ready for lots of noise but a white noise machine is supplied.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Robert K
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed the great location, free breakfast and our newly renovated guestrooms at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District. I do however apologize for the noisy streets, and I am sorry if it interfered with your stay in Savannah. I hope you are able to visit us again in the near future. Thank you.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel during my drive to Florida from Toronto. I had made the reservation for this property from Toronto, and was only expecting it to be reasonably clean for an overnight stay. I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful my room turned out to be, as the hotel from the outside is the run of the mill Best Western along the route to Florida.

My first unexpected delight was in finding a parking spot --there are two in fact--right close to the front entrance of the hotel reserved for checking in. What an incredibly civilized notion this is! Inside, my check-in was hospitable and cheerful. After checking in, I drove to the back of the hotel, and yes, the scenery at the back is nothing to write about, but I didn't feel uncomfortable.

When I walked into the room, I was seriously taken aback. I was not expecting that it would be actually beautiful, which it actually was. The bathroom, also large and spotless. The location of the hotel was also very well placed. Since I had arrived in the evening, and unfamiliar with the location, I only did the immediate vicinity walking around. I was charmed by the area, and found a great restaurant to dine in.

I liked this hotel so much, that I made reservations on my return trip home, and have recommended it to my friends.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Traveller0515
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
We are delighted you made the decision to stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District! Thank you for the wonderful compliments and we look forward to serving you again on your trip back home!

Savannah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We traveled to Savannah for a girl's weekend. The location of the hotel is on the far end of River Street in Savannah but it is in a location that is convenient to walk to River Street or City Market in Savannah. It is also convenient to drive down onto River Street. The hotel offers free continental breakfast which is an added bonus. The breakfast is really a full breakfast and very good. The hotel can get a little noisy on weekends with guests coming in late from local bars around the corner. However, overall stay was very enjoyable and I would recommend this hotel. The value compared to other hotels in Savannah is excellent!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

A good value is the key to enjoying your vacation! I am thrilled you chose the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District and were able to take advantage of all we have to offer such as the complimentary breakfast, great location, and awesome service! We hope to see you again!

Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Very nice hotel with incredible staff. The room was very clean. Great location for catching the tour buses, just had to cross the street. Only down side was the terrace view overlooks a vacant lot, not what I think of when picturing gorgeous Savannah, but just minutes away from breathtaking scenery.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are so happy you enjoyed your trip to Savannah! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Thanks again,
Jeff Fouste
Clinton, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is in a good location to walk to River Street and Antique shops. They are in the process of updating and remodeling. However, the beds are very uncomfortable and the noise level is high. They provide a noise machine (Sleep Mate) to turn on in the room to help block the noise. The staff were very courteous and nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate your feedback. I apologize for the comfort of your bed and I will have Maintenance check on it at once.

I am excited to announce that over the next 6 months the hotel will be continuing the completion of the guest room renovation to include all new beds, bedding package, draperies, plantation shutters (in our beta tests we have seen noise complaints reduced by as much 50%), and that's in addition to the newly installed carpeting and 37" LED TV's!

Thank you and have a great day!