“A wonderful place to stay while on vacation.”

Best Western Savannah Historic District
Ranked #54 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 April 2014

It was quiet and comfortable. The room was a very nice size, with two comfortable queen beds. Unlike many hotels we've stayed in recently, there was a plethora of outlets for us to plug in phone chargers, a travel fan, and the laptop. The furnishings overall were great and made the entire room seem very cozy. The bathroom was spacious, and the hot water... oh wow, we could have cooked ourselves if we wanted to! (This is a big plus for us, so many hotels fall short out of fear of liability, but I WANT a hot shower after a long day. The Best Western nails it!) Towel and turn down service are great, with the staff visiting our room on both days while we were out. They made the room look brand new each time, not cutting corners anywhere. I feel this is a "lost art" in the hotel industry, but the staff at the Best Western have obviously mastered it.
Perhaps the best part of our stay was the front office staff. Judy was very friendly, professional, attentive and helpful. She was extremely pleasant from the time we checked in, and maintained that great demeanor all weekend long! She gave us great advice on how to get around town, and was always there to offer directions and the best way to get to many of the city's best attractions and points of interest. I wish I could remember the name of the concierge who worked Saturday morning, he was also extremely helpful. He told us where to go for breakfast (Goosefeathers), and it might be one of the best meals I've ever had. He was very careful to map out all of the places we wanted to see that day, and wouldn't let us leave until we were comfortable with the directions. To be honest, I have stayed in some five-star luxury resorts around the world that couldn't match the service we received over the course of our two days in Savannah.
One other thing to point out is that there is a $15 per night parking charge. Via some research, that is more than fair compared to other hotels in the area as parking is at a premium. It's fine though, just park your car and take advantage of the numerous free and cheap transportation options Savannah has to offer. Another good thing about: check out time was at 11 am on Sunday, but they let us keep our vehicle in their lot until 5pm allowing us a few extra hours to tour around the city before leaving.
In short, I highly recommend this location whether it's for business or pleasure, as it is close enough to most of the things to do in Savannah, and is literally a street away from the River Street markets.
We must point out that we did not eat the continental breakfast, and thus have no opinion of it, nor did we make use of the fitness center.

Room Tip: We stayed on the "back side" of the building, and the parking was plentiful and I feel lik...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We are so excited you all enjoyed your stay in Savannah and the hotel as well! I hope when you return to Savannah you become one of the many BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District fans and a repeat guest! I am glad you enjoyed everything!

Thank you again for the amazingly kind words!

Jeffrey A Fouste

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We read multiple reviews about this location, most were good but the negative ones focused on the noise from outside. We stayed two nights, a Friday and Saturday, on the last weekend of the Savannah Music Festival. We didn't have a single problem with noise. In fact, it was very peaceful. The room was clean, well kept, nicely furnished, and overall very comfortable. The staff is excellent, and will help you find anything you might need during your stay. The concierge service will absolutely point you in the right direction to thoroughly enjoy your stay in Savannah. For the price, and its convenient location to all points of interest, this might be the best value in the entire city!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

A good value is the key to enjoying your vacation! I am thrilled you chose the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District and were able to take advantage of all we have to offer such as the complimentary concierge services, great location, and awesome service! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Rate was higher than other hotels I had stayed at on vacation this week.The location in Savannah was good. Close to events and sites we wanted to see. Concierge was very helpful in planning tours. The room was clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Our goal is to provide the highest quality of customer care to all of our guests. Each Best Western is independently owned and operated and as you can see our hotel takes great pride in everything we do...from the decor to the friendly staff! I appreciate your feedback regarding our rates but we are very comparable to every hotel in the Historic District and consistently offer the best value in downtown! Please feel free to contact me (912) 629-2101 on your next visit to Savannah and I'd be happy to ensure you are getting the best available rate during your stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Positive first - the hotel is within walking distance of the River Walk and City Market.
Negative - the breakfast was the worst continental breakfast I have experienced in a hotel in a while - even a Best Western. Ate breakfast the last morning across the street at the Doubletree, which was worth it. The rooms were ok, but the refrigerator was inside the bathroom. I know it was under the sink, however, it's not pleasant to be siting on the toilet next to the refrigerator cooling your fruit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to hear your description of the breakfast offered here at the hotel. I will certainly speak to the complimentary services manager immediately, as this is unacceptable. I do apologize for the placement of the fridge in your room, but do to room space requirements that is where they must be located for now. Thank you again for your comments and if you are returning to the Savannah area, I would love for you to call me (912) 629-2101. I will be happy to offer you a discount on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just returned from another trip to Savannah. Have stayed here many times over the past several years. Staff and accommodations have always been satisfactory. Will return in two months. Hotel within walking distance to everything there is to see in Savannah.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Music to my ears! We love Repeat Guests! Thank you for taking the time to share on Trip Advisor!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Meh in between on Best Western. I find it hard to believe there's no early check in at noon for the place. I purchased my room on priceline for 2 nights because it was cheaper and because it was on Bay St in the historic district. It was a room and all I really needed was a bed. The bathrooms were more up to date than the bedrooms I felt like. There was a fridge which was appreciated, although in the bathroom, a fitness center and a pool. Staff was pleasant

Cons: $15 for parking a night when you're parking by yourself, they only put one night one my parking pass when I was there for 2, doesn't fit in with the rest of Historic District and looks run down from the outside. $15 for over priced for parking. The walls are also paper thin and I could here when people showered or when they were walking around upstairs

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Christine G
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for completing a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay.

We audit our own website as well as our partner’s websites regularly to ensure guests are made aware of all fees charged by this hotel, and hotel policies to include the check-in time prior to booking their reservations. I am embarrassed by the lack of information you received prior to purchasing your room on Priceline regarding the hotels parking fees and policy regarding the hotels 4pm check-in time, and I will speak with our Priceline contact immediately.

I am excited to announce that over the next few months the hotel will be completing the guest room renovations to include all new beds, bedding package, draperies, plantation shutters (in our beta tests we have seen noise complaints reduced by as much 50%), and that’s in addition to the new flooring and 37” LED TV’s already installed!

It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. We rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

If you would like to share any further information about what transpired, please feel free to contact me directly at 912-233-1011. Again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Jeffrey Fouste

Reviewed 30 March 2014

In general this hotel is really good if you wish to have an excellent location and close to almost everything of interest in Savannah. The service is excellent, provided by a very good staff, who really care about you and do their best so you can have a nice staying. My room was extremely clean, with a comfortable bed where I was able to rest after being everyday visiting places of interest. I only disagree with the parking charge that should be provided as a value added in order to make a difference. Public parking buildings in the Historic District cost $20.00/ day (and there are several) and you don't need to reside in that area, so makes no sense to charge $15.00/day for parking, added to what you pay for the room. Besides, being the hotel located in one of the streets with more traffic in Savannah at an open location, with trees and birds, your car becomes pretty dirty after being parked there. Out of the parking charge I can only say good things about the hotel, the employees and the excellent service, as well as the hotel location, so I really recommned it. Renejazz

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Our goal is to provide the highest quality of customer care to all of our guests. Each Best Western is independently owned and operated and as you can see our hotel takes great pride in everything we do...from the decor to the friendly staff! I really appreciate your feedback regarding the parking fees but we are very comparable to every hotel in the Historic District and consistently offer the best value in downtown!

Thank again for taking the time to review our hotel!

Jeffrey A Fouste