“very good”

Best Western Savannah Historic District
Ranked #55 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Overall experience was excellent, but would have preferred greater air flow from HVAC unit. The floor lamp did not work. Did not report lamp, but maintenance person did excellent job in restoring sound to TV. Have grown to prefer Best Western while away from home. You're very good at what you do. Everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank William M

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Very pleased with our stay. Caitlyn was awesome! Went above and beyond to make our stay great. The rooms are nice and clean. Thankful to have a nice place that is dog friendly in the historic district!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The air condition did not work,tv broke and they ran out of food,just had waffles,i didnt care because i not a big breakfast eater,but my grandkids did.its a good location,i suggest you check,the room out that every thing is working,before you bring in your luggage.it could be a good hotel if they check the room out before someone checks in.its called prevented maintance

Room Tip: Check the room out before you bring your luggage in that everything is working.
3  Thank Sharon F
GM11205, General Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Sharon F,

I am embarrassed by the lack of attention you received during your stay, and I will speak with the Department Managers immediately. As you mentioned in your review the hotel did have an issue with our food delivery service which inconvenienced our guest for the last 30 minutes of breakfast. The delivery service truck broke down and did not deliver in the early morning hours, and therefore we did in fact run short on many of the breakfast items we typically serve. According to the Front Desk Agents on duty at the time all inconvenienced guests were compensated for the situation, and I apologize if you were not compensated.

It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. We rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

If you would please contact me directly at (912) 629-2101 to discuss all the issues you mentioned in your review. I look forward to bringing you resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Jeffrey A Fouste

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The water pressure in the bathtub was awful; by the time I finished my shower, it looked like I took a bath too. There was some type of sheet-padding under the fitted sheet (not a mattress pad) very uncomfortable- moved around and bunched up. The refrigerator was in the bathroom under counter. The hotel is "historical" but should just be called 'old'. It's dated inside and out. For $199/night, I expected so much more than being close to downtown.

1  Thank Tamara H

Tamara,

I am very disappointed to read your review concerning your recent stay. I wanted to personally apologize and to let you know I will follow-up on the concerns you mentioned regarding the bath tub pressure and mattress cover.

I am sorry that the hotel's condition did not meet your expectations. Our focus always remains on our guests and ensuring they have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. Your detailed comments will help us to ensure we're meeting and exceeding our guests' needs.

If you would like to share any further information about what transpired, please feel free to contact me directly at 912-629-2101.

We hope you'll give us another chance to offer you the consistent quality, and friendly service you know and love about our brand.

Jeff Fouste

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I recommend its a nice hotel to stay for a few days! I'ts very situated in Savannah,Georgia! If i come back some day I wil stay again in this hotel. The local have very nice's restaurants and a walk distance.

Dear Arthur P,

Thank you for the nice review! I know you had many hotels to choose from in Savannah and I appreciate you staying with us! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Jeffrey A Fouste

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Perfect location; everything within walking distance. Hotel does not look like much from the outside however rooms are great and clean; comfortable beds; nice interior. Great value. Breakfast was also good; no problems at all we would stay again.

1  Thank mb280688

Dear mb280688,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are so happy you enjoyed your trip to Savannah! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Jeff Fouste

Reviewed 26 June 2014

i was very surprised how nice the rooms were..nicely renovated, lovely breakfast, great location, good value..you must consider this hotel when coming to savannah...park the car and enjoy the walk...everything is closeby

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ron P

Ron P,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! I hope when you return to Savannah you become one of the many BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District fans and a repeat guest! I am glad you enjoyed everything!

Jeffrey Fouste