“Nice room, friendly staff”

Best Western Savannah Gateway
Ranked #52 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It's true what they say about Southern Hospitality. The people at this place are remarkably warm and friendly. It really helped me relax there and get a good night's sleep. Ate at Denny's for the first time in 30 years. Despite the ultra friendly service there too, I'd avoid the food.

1  Thank rephello1

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family and I checked in late Friday night and left Monday. After a long road trip I appreciated coming into a clean. I loved that it was very easy to get to. There was a parking of our truck and trailer right by our room also, which was a major plus.
I had never seen a restaurant in with a hotel office before and at first was surprised but it came in very handy when our 4 year old suddenly decided that he was starving at 10:00 at night. We did need a playpen for our 1 year old to sleep in and they delivered it very quickly.
Our room had two double beds plus a play pen and there was plenty of room for the kids to run around and for us to settle in for the night. They did a great job freshening up our room for us on Saturday.
The only negative I have about the stay was the breakfast. Each morning there was such a huge line for breakfast the first day I left to get our stroller and came back just for coffee. The second morning we just grabbed some yogurt and left. There was not enough toaster/waffle maker/ microwaves for that amount of people. They restocked constantly but it was hard to get to anything because of the long line and the wait at the machines. My husband stuck it out to get my son a waffle he had been begging for and was in line for over 20 min.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room because I didn't see any elevators.
1  Thank Thisgirl111
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I was very nervous about booking this hotel because of the mixed reviews. I must say I was very pleased. The entire staff was great & very pleasant. The breakfast was good, the room was very clean & comfortable. Thanks for a great experience! We will definitely visit again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is on older hotel and does not have some of the amenities I have come to expect from Best Western, but it is conveniently located to several places I like to visit in the Savannah area, so it is my hotel of choice when I'm in neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were very surprised at this hotel, it was clean. The staff was great, very nice and helpful. Very close to the highway and restaurants. We felt very safe while at this hotel, will stay again on our next road trip!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

On the road for an 18+ hour drive, needed a place to stay for one night. We were traveling with another family and our pet. The woman in the reservation center was extremely accommodating and helpful finding us to find the hotel right off the interstate. The family we were traveling with stated that their mattresses were sunken in the middle and received very little rest. My room was fine with the exception of a hole in the wall where the security lock kept hitting. The carpet seemed a little grungy too. For a quick stop over, it is good enough.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 12 July 2014

When I read all the reviews I was VERY nervous just like you must be if you are reading my review! You must be thinking like I was "why is the price so low?". I went with my family for 4 nights (2 children) during the week of July 4th. I had a very good A/C (cold all week), microwave, & fridge. Beds were fine & not a bug in sight. It was not a big room but we came on vacation, not to sit in the room all day. They had a nice "free" breakfast & we always left full. (waffles ,cereal, bagels, fruit, etc.) They need to add more tables though but we always got one. We never went to the pool but it seemed okay. Downtown Savannah is around 12 miles which is very easy to get to. South Carolina is maybe 30 minutes. The staff isn't overly friendly but not rude either. If money is an issue for you (which it must be if you are looking for a hotel at these prices) then this is your hotel. There were lots of places to eat & a Denny's right in the hotel. I read some reviews and some didn't have a good experience at this hotel but thank goodness mine was. We would stay again as long as the price does not go higher.

Room Tip: Always request what you want when you make reservations & call to confirm. I asked for a microwa...
1  Thank Douglas K
Travellers also viewed these Savannah hotels
Super 8 Savannah
#84 of 114 in Savannah
Best Western Central Inn
Best Western Central Inn
#37 of 114 in Savannah

Been to Best Western Savannah Gateway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Savannah Gateway

Address: 1 Gateway Blvd., Savannah, GA 31419 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway)
Region: United States > Georgia > Georgia Coast > Savannah
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Best Value Hotel in Savannah
Price Range: £48 - £89 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Savannah Gateway 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Savannah Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Savannah Gateway Hotel Savannah