“Mold, Leaking Air conditioning units. ”

Best Western Savannah Gateway
Ranked #61 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Mold, Leaking Air conditioning units. ”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Mold, Old Beds..Leaking Air conditioning units. Killed too many bugs. I love Dennys but do not eat at this one.
Sink had mold. Bathtub extra dirty. If on bottom floor ..frogs were jumping around Our room smelled of mildew..had 2 change rooms. 2nd room was not better.
The only plus was friendly staff.
Never ever again!!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank LADYPEACH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great alternative for short stay in Savannah. Close to shops, restaurants, short ride to downtown historic Savannah. We had one bed that had issues but we used the other one. For the price we paid $59, including breakfast, it was the best value in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front, back rooms are on the highway side
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank natdeli
Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Understand this property is under new management and upgrades will be forthcoming. If these are done it could easily be an exceptional experience. Needs to have the usual amenities that one has come to expect from a BW such as a refrigerator and microwave in each room. Bed mattresses in my room were shot and needed to be replaced and mold problem in bathroom needed to be addressed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It's true what they say about Southern Hospitality. The people at this place are remarkably warm and friendly. It really helped me relax there and get a good night's sleep. Ate at Denny's for the first time in 30 years. Despite the ultra friendly service there too, I'd avoid the food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rephello1
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family and I checked in late Friday night and left Monday. After a long road trip I appreciated coming into a clean. I loved that it was very easy to get to. There was a parking of our truck and trailer right by our room also, which was a major plus.
I had never seen a restaurant in with a hotel office before and at first was surprised but it came in very handy when our 4 year old suddenly decided that he was starving at 10:00 at night. We did need a playpen for our 1 year old to sleep in and they delivered it very quickly.
Our room had two double beds plus a play pen and there was plenty of room for the kids to run around and for us to settle in for the night. They did a great job freshening up our room for us on Saturday.
The only negative I have about the stay was the breakfast. Each morning there was such a huge line for breakfast the first day I left to get our stroller and came back just for coffee. The second morning we just grabbed some yogurt and left. There was not enough toaster/waffle maker/ microwaves for that amount of people. They restocked constantly but it was hard to get to anything because of the long line and the wait at the machines. My husband stuck it out to get my son a waffle he had been begging for and was in line for over 20 min.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room because I didn't see any elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Thisgirl111
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I was very nervous about booking this hotel because of the mixed reviews. I must say I was very pleased. The entire staff was great & very pleasant. The breakfast was good, the room was very clean & comfortable. Thanks for a great experience! We will definitely visit again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Pinellas Park, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is on older hotel and does not have some of the amenities I have come to expect from Best Western, but it is conveniently located to several places I like to visit in the Savannah area, so it is my hotel of choice when I'm in neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Travellers also viewed these Savannah hotels
Super 8 Savannah
#75 of 113 in Savannah
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#85 of 113 in Savannah

Been to Best Western Savannah Gateway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Savannah Gateway

Property: Best Western Savannah Gateway
Address: 1 Gateway Blvd., Savannah, GA 31419 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway)
Region: United States > Georgia > Georgia Coast > Savannah
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in Savannah
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Savannah Gateway 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Savannah Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Savannah Gateway Hotel Savannah