“Poor poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Noble Fare

Noble Fare
Reserve with OpenTable
Noble Fare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 858 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Harris
Transit: Dot (Free Shuttle in the Historic District) Located on Harris Street
Description: Noble Fare is an intimate 32 seat fine dining restaurant filled with modern taste and historic charm. Our menu is classically French technique and American cuisine. We offer an a la carte menu with daily specials and a 7 course chef's tasting menu. We have a full bar and accept most major credit cards. Dress code is business casual. Reservations may be made by phone or thru open table. We look forward to you dining with us. All the best, Chef Patrick and Jenny McNamara
Winter Garden, Florida
“Poor poor service”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stopped by the upstairs bar for a glass of wine. We seemed to be an inconvenience to the server/bartender. She was busy with a private party and would not even acknowledge that we were in the bar. We were ready to walk out when the owner noticed that we did not have drinks. We finally got a glass of wine. When we were ready to leave we had to ask twice for our check. For a high end restaurant we were not impressed with the service. No need to go back to try the food. Pleas just acknowledge the customer.

Boston, MA
“Good food, expensive”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We ate at Noble Fare on November 16, 2013, and enjoyed the food. My wife had the wedge salad, and I had the grilled romaine salad, which was one of the best of its kind I've had--nice smoky undertones. The trio of breads brought to the table was very good. There were two amuse bouches during the meal--one a citrus / cranberry sorbet, which was very good, the other a smoked salmon bit on a small, round toast, which was undistinguished. We both ordered the Duck, Duck, No Goose, which my wife liked more than I did. The risotto under the duck wanted salt, but the greens served with the dish provided the needed salt--except that I thought that the small portion of greens (perhaps 1/4 cup) was too small to season the entire dish. The duck itself was tender and delicious, with a cinnamon-scented skin. It was good, but I wasn't blown away by the experience--it was a solidly plated duck on risotto with a side of greens, and not much more. Our desserts were very nice--I ordered the vanilla creme brulee, and my wife had a chocolate cake. Both very good, but again--not anything I haven't had elsewhere before. The one unusual experience for me was finding absinthe on the after dinner drinks menu, and that's what I'll remember from this dinner--the server brought over an ice-water receptacle with a tiny tap on the side, and demonstrated how to dunk a sugar cube in the absinthe, light it on fire over the glass, then drip water onto the sugar cube until it dissolved into the absinthe. A fascinating ritual, and if you like herbed anise-flavored things, which I do, I'd recommend it. Our meal for two, including a $60 bottle of wine, ran $240 including tip.

Ennice, North Carolina
“Elegant dining with surprisingly large portions. !”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely menu with lots of gluten -free options. The field greens salad was a large portion generously sprinkled with candied pecans. My husband ordered grilled romaine topped with thin slices of ham and cheese. Equally delish.
The grouper special was perfectly done, sitting on a bed of lobster risotto. My pork tenderloin was fork tender and surrounded by a sweet potato hash. More than I could finish. ..and I was hungry!

Only negative was our table location. We had a two -top against the inside wall. It backed up against the sink servicing the bar area around the corner. No wall, just a curtain partition which had us listening to clanking glasses and sloshing dishwater. It subtracted from an otherwise perfect dining experience.

Orlando, Florida
“Perfect place for celebrating our anniversary!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We made a reservation at Noble fair several weeks in advance after reading rave reviews on trip advisor. Our experience at Noble fair was everything that we expected and more. The ambience is very romantic! The walls have black and white wallpaper and red curtains with black table cloths and chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Our meals were delicious! We started with the grilled romaine salad and it was very good. I never knew you could grill romaine lettuce... It was so good! I had the "duck not goose" and really liked the risotto it was served on. My husband had the scallops. We had read reviews that the scallops were the best that people had ever had and we agree! Our server Dan was extremely knowledgeable of the ingredients in each dish and gave good suggestions on wine pairings. We didn't have room for dessert but the dessert menu looked delicious and I'm sure it would have been just as good as our entrées. We went to Noble fair to celebrate our 5th anniversary and it truly was a memorable evening. We definitely recommend that you eat at Noble Fare the next time you visit Savannah!

Aiken, South Carolina
“Lovely setting, excellent service, delicious meal!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Dinner at Noble Fare was one of the best fine dining experiences we've ever had! This was a birthday celebration and it was certainly one to remember! The setting itself is lovely.. small, intimate and very sophisticated. Our server, Meredith, was excellent! Very well trained, she knew the menu well and was very accommodating. The food: OMG!!!! You must try (and share) the grilled romaine salad- absolutely amazing, you can eat it without the dressing!!!! Smokey yet still crisp. The diver scallops are simply prepared yet perfectly cooked. The lamb was so tender if literally fell off the bone...no knife required. Beautiful presentation and delicious. Dessert, crème brulee and house made ice cream were both very good, not as outstanding as the main courses but certainly not disappointing. Our overall experience was A++ and we will definitely return to Noble Fare on our next visit to Savannah!!!!

1 Thank Liz N