“Clean & Quiet”

Best Western Central Inn
Ranked #36 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is the hotel we normally stay at when visiting Savannah. It is quiet, clean & comfortable. They provide Micro's & fridge. Basic Continental Breakfast. It's a good 15 minutes to the Historic District. We will return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GM31406, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thanks for sharing your most recent experience with us. We are thrilled to hear that our services and accommodations have kept you coming back year after year. Your loyalty means a lot to us, as do your compliments. We can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

When we checked in I was advised that the internet booking site booked us a smoking room. The clerk kindly showed us several rooms available but the one that was not malodorous and acceptable was no longer available. As I sat in my car attempting to contact Hotwire, a clerk advised my husband that a non-smoking room was available. It was clean. This is an older property and the room was also older but comfortable. The location is nearby to shopping malls and many restaurants. The landing aircraft at the nearby Army base jolted me until they ceased about 11 PM.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are elevators to the second floor - I didn't see any.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

We truly appreciate that you've taken the time to share your experience with us. I want to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced due to the internet booking site and the nearby air craft; but I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful, friendly and accommodating and that you were ultimately placed in a satisfactory non-smoking room. We hope that your next visit will be more comfortable and convenient and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stay at this hotel every year in the spring for a long weekend. The rates are reasonable, and a breakfast is included in the price. This location is in mid-town Savannah, close to a mall and various restaurants. Historic Savannah is about a 10-15 minute drive away, depending on the route you take. Oh yes, one of the old trolley tours stops by in the morning to pick up passengers, so that's nice too. This is an older hotel, so don't expect anything super fancy.

However, the rooms are clean, and looks like they recently remodeled. If I have ever had any trouble with a room, the staff was always quick to take care of the issue, even if it meant moving to a different room. The beds are comfortable, the pillows are comfortable too. The TV was a flat screen, but the picture wasn't that great; probably not HDTV, I guess.

The breakfast was adequate, three types of cereal, bread, bagels, creme cheese, a toaster for the bread, sweet danish and muffins, instant oatmeal, and also make your own waffles. This year they also had scrambled eggs, biscuits, and sausage gravy. Of course there is coffee, milk and orange juice. If this isn't to your liking, there's a Waffle House next door.

I would easily recommend this hotel to friends and family, as long as they understand it is an older hotel and not to expect bells and whistles. I will be staying at this hotel again next spring!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your repeat busines, and for posting comments so other travelers know of our facility and our services.
Your business is greatly appreciated, we look forward to having you again next spring.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Overall the hotel was nice. There were a few things I did not care for that really can't be fixed such as the size of the room. A few things that can be fixed is the slow internet and quality of the tv picture. They definitely do not have HDTV. When we arrived in the room the bathroom was dirty with a ring in the tub and hair in the tub. Also the toilet didn't flush. However the staff came and fixed the issue immediately and we had no future problems. On the second day our key cards were deactivated and we had to walk all the way across the parking lot to the office to get them reactivated. That would not have been so annoying if I did not have a bad knee. I will probably not stay at this hotel again but overall the experience wasn't a bad one. The beds and pillows are comfortable and the rest of the room was fairly clean. Also the staff is very nice. I never went to breakfast because again it was a long trek across the parking lot with a bad knee.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GM31406, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback about your most recent stay. We aim to impress our guests and to leave a lasting pleasant impression in your mind. In this regard, we did not exceed your expectations as we would have liked. I want to apologize for any and all inconvenience and to let you know that your feedback is appreciated and is useful in improving our services and accommodations.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great location, is very convenient to downtown Savannah. Variety of shopping & restaurants within 2-3 miles either direction. Front desk staff friendly. Hotel is clean & up to date. Area is quiet, airport close by but only heard a couple planes at night & none after 10pm. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Great breakfast & was well stocked. Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GM31406, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

We are so glad that you had such a wonderful time. Our convenient location, quite atmosphere and friendly staff all come together to give you the best guest experience that we can provide. We appreciate your acknowledgment of our efforts and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

A great place to stay as a tourist to Savanna. Low rates, clean, quiet, plenty of places to eat and easy to get to downtown or Hunter AAF. Very clean, looks like recently remodeled. Great breakfast, plenty to choose from.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Robert B
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business and very pleased that you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a two week 10 different hotel trip and this is the only negative staff experience in the whole trip. Stayed here because of the price and also find best western and quality hotels to be reliable and reasonably priced.

However from the moment I checked in I found the receptionist on duty rude beyond belief. Couldn't wait to get me away from the desk. I rang down 20 minutes into my stay to ask if they might have an adapter as out cable would not work from their tv and all I got was no and a hang up. To be honest I was afraid to ring back or call down to ask for anything after that!!

Next morning on check same girl same thing she couldn't get me away from the desk quick enough to talk to her friend beside me!

Advise to this girl change careers or her attitude it is not fair on all the other staff members who should be receiving positive reviews about their hotel but aren't because people like me are been put off at the first point of contact.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank thinksink
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

I am so sorry that you felt that our staff member was rude. This is the first complaint we have had about a rude staff member however, if this happened to you, we all sincerely apologize.
We strive to offer great southern hospitality, clean comfortable rooms at a comparable price.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to Savannah and we wish you safe travels.