“BED BUGS!!”

Ranked #40 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Warner Robins
“BED BUGS!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My brother, boyfriend and I stayed here on a weekend fishing trip in the area. I noticed a very small bug on the sheets when we first arrived, I touched it and blood smeared on the sheets. I was totally disgusted but they said it was gross but no big deal and that it couldn't be bed bugs because there were no previous reviews of them on this site. We woke up the next morning to find several small blood spots on the sheets as well as small baby bugs and one adult bug on both beds, all very clearly matching pictures and descriptions online! We packed up and left immediately, but not before putting the bugs we could find in a cup and taking them to the desk. They acted like they didn't know what they were and didn't seem to believe they were in fact bed bugs however they did refund my brother his loyalty points. Not only are we left completely grossed out and paranoid, but now we are in the process of trying to make sure we kill the bugs that might have gotten in our belongings and trying not to infect our homes.
This has always been my biggest nightmare with traveling. Unfortunately it's come true and it's incredibly disgusting!! If you see something suspicious, DO NOT IGNORE IT! Do your research and don't let this happen to you!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank RoaminSquirrel
GM31406, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
It is good to hear from you, though I am very sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, accommodations, and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know how you perceived our accommodations. It is very important to us to address these sorts of issues right away. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping to make sure everything is clean and everything is bed bugs free. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and will experience the improvements we have made with our service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Check-in was smooth, didn't take long at all. Got to the room and everything seemed ok. After waking up the next morning, we discovered SEVERAL bloodstains on both beds around the pillows! We got a clear cup and put 2 of the bugs in it, googled bedbugs... Confirmed!
We went straight to the front desk, and reported the problem. The front desk was very concerned and helpful. They refunded the points that I paid with, and said they would handle the problem immediately. Not sure if the bugs are gone but we had to treat everything we had in the room as if we were infested! I definitely don't want them in my house!! If you stay here, don't put anything on the bed, and check the beds around the seams and headboard!!!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Tlo50
GM31406, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our hotel such as the bedbugs incident. Thank you for sharing your experience so that we can benefit from your perspective of our accommodation and services. I assure you that each issue mentioned is being investigated and addressed and we thank you for taking the time to point out the areas where we can improve upon the guest experience by eliminating those bedbugs. We hope you'll return someday to see how we're improving.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I usually try not be too negative as i know i am influencing someones bottom line, but as the manager of this hotel chose to let himself into my room at 9am while me and my son were still sleeping, and it took 3 tries to get him out, there will be no mercy. The place is the same quality as a motel 6, or a super8, but costs more, in IMHO its not worth the money. Two problems: one HUGE: we were both severely bitten after a night there, probably by bedbugs but i can't be sure (multiple localized bites), and one small; the air traffic from the Army Air field was far heavier then anticipated. We knew we were going to be next to the airfield, and anticipated some landings, but the Blackhawks kept circling (after dark) and it wasn't pleasant. All in all, totally not worth $75 we paid to stay there. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GM31406, Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us, especially that we were not able to address the issues and misunderstandings right away. I assure you that we take such issues very seriously and we are investigating to ensure that won’t happen again. We hope you'll return to enjoy the continuous improvements made in our policies, accommodations and services.
Douglas, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Best Western Central Inn is a great value. Very clean, comfy beds, good breakfast and friendly service. Certainly worth staying again. Our room was very clean, plenty of towels, area around motel immaculate. The staff was very accommodating about staying in a first floor room and I booked over the internet and have not always received requests when made with other chains. Very family oriented environment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Karla S
GM31406, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient and that you enjoyed the five star accommodations and hospitality that we strive to show to each guest, during every stay. We are all pleased to learn we were able to make you feel at home and that our services and accommodations lived up to your expectations. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2014

About half an hour from Tybee Island, 50 minutes from Hilton Head, and about 10 minutes from River Street. Room was nice. Breakfast was not great, biscuits were cold and hard. Just not great, otherwise very nice.

1 Thank Marian W
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay with us. Though I wish that you had found more to enjoy in our breakfast options, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to the next!
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We spent the 4th of July weekend here and really enjoyed our stay. The location is about 5 miles from the Downtown Historic district, and is a very easy drive. There are lots of parking areas in Savannah, so if you're concerned about staying so far away from downtown, don't be. We paid $20 all weekend for parking, not bad at all. As far as the room itself, we were pleased. It was very clean, and the bed was comfortable, and the shower was sufficient. They offer a continental breakfast with your stay. My wife and I had it each morning and it was pretty good. I enjoyed the waffles, eggs, and sausage, but they had a decent variety of other options. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Savannah and will be recommending to friends.

4 Thank smoss999
GM31406, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am so glad that you had a nice stay and that we will be seeing you again! We look forward to your next stay!
United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Overall it was a nice stay. The room was nice and clean. Great staff. The only downside is that it is located close to the air base, but other than that it's located close to everything. Tybee Island is a short 35-40 min drive away.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GM31406, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location to be so convenient. I hope you will return when you stay in the area again. We look forward to seeing you!