Best Western Central Inn
US$180
US$220
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
East Bay Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$198
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$198
  • Pool
Planters Inn(Savannah)
US$236
US$231
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$248
US$224
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshistoric districtair basewaffle househunter armyoglethorpe mallroom was cleanminute drivefridge and microwavetybee islandnice poolvisiting savannahwould stay here againclose to downtownthe breakfast areanice staybiscuits and gravycontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this Best Western after researching several other hotels in the same area. I settled on this one after staying at another Best Western recently in Rhode Island which was very nice and well priced. At the time of booking I was under the impression that all Best Western were owned and operated by the same company. Unbeknownst to me I later found out they are individually owned and operated. I booked online which was easy and it was a reasonable rate, $64 a night for a weeknight. I chose this hotel because of the convenient location, about five minutes from downtown Savannah. Check in was easy and the employees were courteous. The surrounding area seemed a bit shady and the hotel is "motel" style with outside hallways. I didn't expect perfection but I certainly hoped for something up to the standard of the previous Best Western I had stayed at. The room had a gross smell which I don't think ever went away. Once the air conditioning was turned on the smell seemed to subside a little or maybe I just got used to it. The "WiFi" did not work the entire time we were there (3 days). I called the front desk and was told that they were also having internet issues but the next day the same thing occurred. Also the shower was slow draining and the water pressure was insane, I felt like I was getting pressure washed. This location is also by a military base, which wasn't a huge issue but just be aware that LOUD planes and helicopters fly over frequently and as early as 8:30am and continue throughout the day. So if you plan on staying in the room during the day then you might want to rethink this location. After we checked out of the hotel we decided to stay another night and chose to stay at the La Quinta on Abercorn Drive, the price was comparable to Best Western and a thousand times better. Overall, I wouldn't stay at this location again because there are much better choices for the same price. Oh on a final note, the ice machine did not produce any ice.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marie7680
GM31406, Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

We appreciate that you've taken the time to leave advice for our future guests. I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services during your most recent stay. We do appreciate that you've taken the time to bring the matter to our attention. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and will experience the improvements we have made with our service.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is our second stay at this hotel. The first room assigned to us smelled musty but that was resolved immediately. We were given another room. The check-in staff and the cleaning crew are wonderful. They always make sure you are happy with your room. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast is adequate and there is something for everyone. This was our second stay and we will stay here again if we visit Savanna again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
4  Thank Emma K
GM31406, Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had such a memorable experience. We thank you for your business and hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great Hotel! Rooms were very clean great location close to historic district staff were very helpful awesome breakfast well lighted parking lot. I booked thru best western. I will stay there again on my next visit to Savannah

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank peterga5960 .

I am so glad to know that you found your room to be clean and accomodations so enjoyable. We appreciate you taking the time out to write this review and hope to have the chance to serve you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My brother, boyfriend and I stayed here on a weekend fishing trip in the area. I noticed a very small bug on the sheets when we first arrived, I touched it and blood smeared on the sheets. I was totally disgusted but they said it was gross but no big deal and that it couldn't be bed bugs because there were no previous reviews of them on this site. We woke up the next morning to find several small blood spots on the sheets as well as small baby bugs and one adult bug on both beds, all very clearly matching pictures and descriptions online! We packed up and left immediately, but not before putting the bugs we could find in a cup and taking them to the desk. They acted like they didn't know what they were and didn't seem to believe they were in fact bed bugs however they did refund my brother his loyalty points. Not only are we left completely grossed out and paranoid, but now we are in the process of trying to make sure we kill the bugs that might have gotten in our belongings and trying not to infect our homes.
This has always been my biggest nightmare with traveling. Unfortunately it's come true and it's incredibly disgusting!! If you see something suspicious, DO NOT IGNORE IT! Do your research and don't let this happen to you!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank RoaminSquirrel
GM31406, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

It is good to hear from you, though I am very sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy the service, accommodations, and hospitality that we hold to such a high degree of importance in our hotel. Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know how you perceived our accommodations. It is very important to us to address these sorts of issues right away. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping to make sure everything is clean and everything is bed bugs free. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you give us a chance to serve you again and will experience the improvements we have made with our service.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Check-in was smooth, didn't take long at all. Got to the room and everything seemed ok. After waking up the next morning, we discovered SEVERAL bloodstains on both beds around the pillows! We got a clear cup and put 2 of the bugs in it, googled bedbugs... Confirmed!
We went straight to the front desk, and reported the problem. The front desk was very concerned and helpful. They refunded the points that I paid with, and said they would handle the problem immediately. Not sure if the bugs are gone but we had to treat everything we had in the room as if we were infested! I definitely don't want them in my house!! If you stay here, don't put anything on the bed, and check the beds around the seams and headboard!!!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Tlo50
GM31406, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our hotel such as the bedbugs incident. Thank you for sharing your experience so that we can benefit from your perspective of our accommodation and services. I assure you that each issue mentioned is being investigated and addressed and we thank you for taking the time to point out the areas where we can improve upon the guest experience by eliminating those bedbugs. We hope you'll return someday to see how we're improving.