“Comfortable with Great Customer Service”

TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #69 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Brandon, United Kingdom
“Comfortable with Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

A great hotel with excellent customer service. The front desk staff was helpful from the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out. The hot breakfast in the morning was a nice addition. Access to the Interstate was great!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Booked a one bedroom suite for a 2 week work trip, Upon arrival I noticed a bad oder in the elevator, this oder was also in the hallways of the hotel as well. After getting to my room I noticed the room didn't have a desk or a work place at all. I went back to the front desk and was told the one bedroom suites don't have desks in the rooms? This is strange I thought because a co-worker was staying there as well in a one bedroom suite and he had a desk in his room. The young girl a the front desk said she wasn't sure why his room had the desk?

I was told by the young girl at the front desk only the King Suites had desks so I changed my room to a one bed king room. This room had the wrost smell EVER! This hotel accepts Pets and it smelled like a cat was urinating in the room. I had to check out of this hotel and move to another hotel.

I would not stay at Towneplace Suites again and after this experience I now make sure I don't stay at hotels that accept pets.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve_D_FLA
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I'm a Marriott rewards member and stayed here on May 3, 2013. The property was easily accessible of I-95 and within easy commuting distance to the downtown Savannah area. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and attentive. The breakfast was typical. However, there was not much space in the dining room. Overall, however, we had a positive experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I'm a Marriott rewards member and stayed here for one month while relocating to the area. This hotel is awesome. They're pet friendly and it shows. The rooms are spectacular and modern. They are clean. They are quiet. The kitchen is nicer than many homes I've been too. Free breakfast and even a mini store downstairs. They have W/D and will give you free soap. I love this place.

Room Tip: I think they have a hot tub but no pool. No biggie. Go to the beach to swim.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Sterlington, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This hotel is a really good example of the Towneplace Suites brand. It offers long term travelers what they need at a good price point. Marriott has high standards in service and this property delivers.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Germantown, Maryland
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We needed one-night overnight lodging near Interstate 95 on our trip from Maryland to Florida and Townplace Suites Savannah Airport worked out very well. The rate was slightly less than several of the many other nearby chain/franchises, the staff was very friendly and competent, and the free breakfast (choices of juice, hot and cold cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, eggs, and self-made waffles) was sufficient to recharge us for the road. The room motiff was slightly utilitarian and geared towards longer-term stays,but its location close to the interstate and overall amenities were certainly sufficient to justify a stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Wayne City, IL
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My husband and I love staying here! We travel for his job, and we look forward to going to Savannah whenever possible. This is always our hotel of choice. Our stay is usually 3-4 weeks a year, so this extended stay is perfect for us! It's very quiet, and the staff is second to none! The rooms are huge, and over the years we've stayed on every floor. The rooms are truly like an apartment! Each room has a studio kitchen, complete with utensils, a dishwasher, and pots and pans. The hotel is very clean, and the staff is very accommodating. Its right off I-95, Its close to the airport, lots of local business, and restaurants. It’s only 15 minutes or so from Abercorn street, and about 25 min. from downtown! We always feel right at home here, and would highly recommended this hotel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: We have found when traveling with our dog, it's easier to take her to potty if we have a lower f...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business