“Convenient and great for travelers”

TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #70 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We were here for a quick stopover. It was very convenient off I-95. Great for an overnight pitstop as well as for work travelers. The room has a decent sized kitchen and features that would be great for people spending a few days/weeks for work or for families that don't always want to eat out.

The free breakfast is adequate, but nothing special. The room was comfortable, but the pillows were tiny. There was no sheets or pillows for the sleep sofa. We had to call down to the front desk, but the issue was quickly resolved by the friendly clerk.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stay here twice a year, every year on our way to and from Florida. The rooms are spotless and far bigger than the average hotel room. The bathrooms are mammoth and you could have a party in them! The breakfasts are extremely good with homemade oatmeal (not in the packages) and on some days fresh strawberries, which I have never seen. As well, which is rare, there is a bowl up front which is constantly filled and replenished with three different types of fresh fruit. Karen at the front desk is a real gem. On our first visit this year, she always referred to us by name when we passed by and made sure that the housekeeping was done when we preferred. On our way back, she was amazing. I called her from the road, prior to our arrival , to request a specific room ( the same one we had had on our way south.) Lo and behold, she beat me to it, and had already assigned us this room, without my having to ask. This is five star service at a three star price.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

A great hotel with excellent customer service. The front desk staff was helpful from the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out. The hot breakfast in the morning was a nice addition. Access to the Interstate was great!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Booked a one bedroom suite for a 2 week work trip, Upon arrival I noticed a bad oder in the elevator, this oder was also in the hallways of the hotel as well. After getting to my room I noticed the room didn't have a desk or a work place at all. I went back to the front desk and was told the one bedroom suites don't have desks in the rooms? This is strange I thought because a co-worker was staying there as well in a one bedroom suite and he had a desk in his room. The young girl a the front desk said she wasn't sure why his room had the desk?

I was told by the young girl at the front desk only the King Suites had desks so I changed my room to a one bed king room. This room had the wrost smell EVER! This hotel accepts Pets and it smelled like a cat was urinating in the room. I had to check out of this hotel and move to another hotel.

I would not stay at Towneplace Suites again and after this experience I now make sure I don't stay at hotels that accept pets.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve_D_FLA
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I'm a Marriott rewards member and stayed here on May 3, 2013. The property was easily accessible of I-95 and within easy commuting distance to the downtown Savannah area. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and attentive. The breakfast was typical. However, there was not much space in the dining room. Overall, however, we had a positive experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I'm a Marriott rewards member and stayed here for one month while relocating to the area. This hotel is awesome. They're pet friendly and it shows. The rooms are spectacular and modern. They are clean. They are quiet. The kitchen is nicer than many homes I've been too. Free breakfast and even a mini store downstairs. They have W/D and will give you free soap. I love this place.

Room Tip: I think they have a hot tub but no pool. No biggie. Go to the beach to swim.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This hotel is a really good example of the Towneplace Suites brand. It offers long term travelers what they need at a good price point. Marriott has high standards in service and this property delivers.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business