TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport
US$191
US$251
US$226
  • Restaurant
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$225
Travelocity
US$265
US$247
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssavannah airportdog feestorage drawersquick stopoverpatio furniturepots pansbreakfast hostroom was cleanfull kitchenan extended stayvery comfortable staypull out sofabusiness travelerfree shuttlerecommend this hotelcheck in was quickhot tub
Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you are interested in spending your night in a room with overwhelming chemical smell, this is the place for you.
I checked into room #410 at the property at 6:19 pm Friday evening. I could not bear the overpowering chemical smell in the room. I checked out at 7:48pm the same evening. However, I was still charged USD89 for the approx 1.5 hours spent in the room trying to get rid of the smell by turning on the AC (which was super filthy!!) and when that failed, booking another room online at another hotel.

The smell at the lobby itself should have forewarned me of what was in store inside the room!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ravichandra1
dixonproperties, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

This guest was checked out with no charges posted to his credit card account.. He sent a email late Friday and it was responded to first thing Monday morning when it was received.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I almost felt embarrassed to check in. The lady behind the counter made it seem like I was bailing someone out of jail, not checking into a hotel. There was no inviting greeting, not even a hello. It went as such: "Last name" "Room #***, end of the hall way". Once in the room, I called for the WIFI password (which 99% of hotels give at check-in), and she cut me off and blurted out an access code.

I travel a lot and there honestly ins't much separating the good from the bad, save customer service... Maybe she was having a bad day... maybe she was busy with other patrons... but the bottom line is I had bad customer service, hence the bad review.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Ryne S
dixonproperties, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you had such a poor check in experience. We strive to provide our guest with the best service possible. Could you provide me with your confirmation number so I could follow up on who provided you with this poor srvice.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I needed to find a hotel on short notice, ie. 11 p.m. for that evening. I also needed a room with a refrigerator and freezer. I was able to use my Marriott points and the room had a full kitchen. My original room had a leak in the bathroom (I stepped into a puddle of water.) The young man (Blake?) at the front desk brought a new key up to me, checked out the new room with me and moved my luggage. Excellent service and good value at the last minute.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rosied8181

Thank you for your review. We certainly strive to provide excellent service to our guest. I apologize that you had to be room changed but happy to hear that Blake provded you with exceptional service.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Oh my God, although this place is 'franchised out' essentially my question is has anyone from corporate Marriott been to inspect this place recently? I stay worldwide at all kinds of Marriott and Marriott associated chains, Springhill Suites, Courtyards and Townplace suites etc and I can honestly say this is the worst property I've ever checked in to. Being a Gold Marriott member on a business trip I had reserved a night at Townplace suites close to Savannah Airport. Upon check in I noticed an odor in the lobby area that didn't smell that fresh, however, I checked in and was given a room. Upon opening the door to the room (412) there was a horrible musty smell, the room was dreary and the bedding looked liked it needed to be placed in the bedding graveyard. I immediately called to reception to express my disappointed, as always I was courteous and polite in my comments and I consider myself a very reasonable person, the guy tried to pull the "well we don't really have any other rooms, we have one but it's on the first floor" as I had quite a bit of luggage I asked if someone could perhaps help me with that but he simply said, "well you have to come down anyway to get a new key" the next room being on the 1st floor. To condense my story of dismay they gave me a key to two more rooms, (wait, didn't he tell me that there was only one more room available...ummm), both rooms were of the same awful sub par standard. I went back to the front desk and they asked me if I wanted to move next door to the Springhill Suites, let me think about that for a milli second...YES! The Springhill is of a standard expected in this hotel category and the room was nice and CLEAN! I'm fully aware that the Town Place suites is a pet friendly hotel but there has to be rooms set aside for guests who don't want to smell the last dog or cat that was in there. I hope the manager will get in touch with me after he reads mine and other recent reviews. Your hotel is in dire need of an upgrade called cleanliness and perhaps an attitude adjustment for the 'gentleman' front desk clerk that checked me in on 1/14 at 4.15pm wouldn't go amiss either! I will also be calling Marriott HQ about this place. Stay anywhere else at the airport but here.

Room Tip: Are there any?
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GGBritGirl

Thank you for your review. I do apologize that you were provided with poor service in helping resolve your concerns at check in. I do appreciate you giving us a chance to address your concerns after your stay with us.

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

First 2 rooms they gave me I was hit with the smell of cat pee right away so I couldn't even go into the room. It was so bad that I was gagging. 3rd room smelled ok so we brought our stuff in and when I saw the couch I almost died. The couch was FILTHY with stains and was so gross. I've seen couches on the side of the road in better condition. I can only imagine the stains are from animal urine. I threw off the cushions to check the pull out bed and was shocked to see so much animal hair. My face started itching immediately from all the hair. The room obviously was never cleaned or cleaned properly. The chair next to the couch is completely shredded and has claw marks all over it. The cushion is missing about half the leather on one side so they just turned it over instead of replacing it. In the closet there was a pillow with yellow stains all over it. SO GROSS!! Desk clerk was very nice but there was nothing she could do but switch our room. And after seeing 3 rooms it's obvious they are all the same- DIRTY!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014