“Very courteous staff. Kitchen in every room.”

Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #76 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Very courteous staff. Kitchen in every room.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Very nice stay! Fully equipped kitchen, even included containers to store your leftovers. Fridge has an ice maker- very convenient! Large room and bathroom. Very clean throughout. Leather recliner is a nice touch. Free movie library and a complimentary bag of popcorn! Located roughly 20 minutes from Historical Savannah. Plenty of restaurants and shopping (Wal-mart and Sam's Club) nearby. Staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank irishnurse1981
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Irishnurse,

Thank you so much for your business and comments. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Ginger Stokes
Director of Sales
Candlewood Suites
Savannah-Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Campbell, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We booked at the last minute hoping for a nice Memorial Day weekend getaway in Savannah. Prices in downtown Savannah were EXPENSIVE so we decided to stay by the airport. Rates were one third to one half the pice of downtown hotels so we did not know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised by the size, condition and amenities in the room. It was a studio -- set up so you could cook and eat in the rooms (we didn't cause restaurants in Savannah were nothing short of yummy). Big fridge, micro, all dining essentials and great LG flat screen with HBO.

The staff were extremely friendly and helped with suggestions on sights and dining.

Only negative was that they apparently have housekeeping only once a week (or stay). Not a big deal but we were surprised when we returned from the first day's activities and room was not made up. It was a worthwhile trade-off on on the price but took us by surprise.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Candlewood S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreicate your business and glad you chose our hotel for your stay while in Savannah. I understand your comment about they way we approach housekeeping, as we are an extended stay hotel. I do apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this caused during your stay, I will make sure in the future that our staff ensures our guest are better aware of how our hotel operates at the time of check in. Again, thank you so much for your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Orange Park, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

This was our second weekend staying at this hotel. The first time the hotel was evacuated ...TWICE! Several fire trucks responded both nights to burning food in the microwave. That being said...big , regular size appliances in the rooms which should be a good thing! One draw back, only weekly housekeeping services. We had to go exchange our dirty towels at the front desk after a long day at the track. Big rooms with two chairs at a table for eating or working.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Kat B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Santa Fe, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel after having such a great experience at the Candlewood in Richmond, Va the night before. I am so glad that we did. The room was very clean and huge. We didn't get a room with a separate bedroom because we were only staying one night, but I was still very happy with it. The bathroom was very big and clean. The staff was very polite. We did have one minor indecent. Some younger kids thought that they had been locked out so they started to throw things at our window, thinking it was their parent's window. I called down to the front office, because it scared us and our kids, and someone went out immediately to see what was going on. When they found out what was going on they called us and told us how sorry they were and told us about the misunderstanding.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pink_footballs
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I am writing to you because of the problems we encountered on April 5th at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport location. We arrived late, 12:45am, due to traffic. When we checked in, we were greeted by a very unpleasant man who seemed to be put out that we were checking in so late. I signed the reservation form and headed up to our room. Our party consisted of 2 adults and 1 child. When we got to the room we realized that the studio suite 2 queen beds nonsmoking room, that we booked, was not what we were given. We were given a handicapped access king suite instead. I called down to the desk and he informed me that he was aware that we had booked the two queen beds but he didn’t have any available. I told him that there were three of us and he said he was aware of that but there wasn’t anything he could do. After I got off the phone, I looked around the room for sheets or extra pillows so that our daughter could sleep on the sofa, there weren’t any. I went down to the desk and asked the man for some sheets and pillows for the couch. No apology, just handed me a rolled up bundle for 2 queen beds and 2 extra pillows. It is now after 1am and we are very tired. While we were getting ready for bed, we noticed that there weren’t any shampoos, soaps or anything to wash our hands with. At this point we were too tired to try to get some from the front desk. We also noticed a stale cigarette smell and we were hoping that it was from the hall and not the room. By the time we got to bed, it was almost 2. The cigarette smell did not go away. It was even worst when we lay in bed. The covers on the bed smelled so badly, I had a hard time sleeping. I have asthma and woke up coughing and with a severe headache from the smoke smell. I know you can’t keep people from smoking in the rooms, but housekeeping should be able to smell it and take the necessary actions to fix it. We decided to get up early and just leave. We didn’t even shower; we just wanted to get out of there. We were in that room for just over 5 hours. I’ve never stayed at a hotel that was this bad before and I’ve stayed in a lot of IHG hotels. Shabby smelling rooms, unprofessional front desk and inadequate housekeeping. I hope you do not run your other hotels in this manner; they won’t be around for long.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the handicapped access king suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear AudreyS433,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Savannah.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
philadelphia, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here three times over the last year, I found myself wondering what hotel some of the reviewers were referencing. I have always found the hotel and staff to be as they should be: professional and welcoming. The rooms I have used have been clean and properly-supplied. Having said that, I must say that my most recent stay ( Wednesday, April 3, 2013) was not quite what it could have been. Here's what happened: although I had requested a ground floor room at the time I made my reservation ( my elderly golden retriever doesn't like elevators), I was told I was being assigned to a room on the third floor. The receptionist ( I wish I knew her name!) immediately swapped out my room for that of someone who hadn't yet arrived. Problem solved. Or so I thought. The room was beside the elevator. But I was wiling to deal with that in order to have a room on the ground floor. So far so good. Then I discovered that the phones in the room didn't work. The same receptionist offered to have someone come in immediately to correct the problem. But, since I had driven from Clearwater Beach that day- and since I had my cell phone- I declined her offer. I was really too tired to deal with it. But then-wait for it-there was a leak in the toilet which resulted in a sound like a faucet running at high pressure every 15-20 minutes- in addition to the constant drip. Couple those noises with the noise of the elevator and, as you might imagine, I had a terrible night...virtually no sleep since I was awakened every few minutes to one or the other of these noises. The next morning I mentioned my less-than-ideal night's rest to the staff at the front desk ( again, I wish I knew their names!) and they immediately comped me extra points on my Priority Plus account and also waived the fee for the dog. It's a shame that some people whose reviews I've read feel that this property is less than acceptable. Or perhaps they were staying at a different hotel? As I mentioned, I've stayed here three times in the last year and have nothing but praise for the staff and the hotel. It is definitely one of my go-to stops on my route to and from Clearwater Beach! Thanks Candlewood Suites at Savannah Airport!

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank legacy99
Latta, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Best value in Savannah! Staff is great, exceptionally helpful and friendly. We arrived early, and our room wasn't ready yet, but Ginger at the desk found us a place to warm up our lunches and eat while we waited. By the time we finished, our room was done. Our room was clean and fresh- smelled wonderful when you walked in. Beds were so comfortable, and the bedding was soft. They were busy when we were there~ so I'd say they are doing something right!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends