“This Hotel Needs TLC”

Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #82 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. We arrived at about 9 pm after a long day driving. When we got to the room, we noticed a stale smell that smelled like smoke cover-up ( in a non- smoking room). Had it been earlier and had we not been so tired, we would have immediately asked for another room, but it wasn't and we were. Over the course of the evening we found the following issues: One lamp had a broken ( not burned out) CFL bulb. One of the lamps next to the bed had a lamp blow out when we turned it on. The recliner was in terrible shape. The vinyl/leather upholstery surface was shredding off the backing. It was also sticky, the bathroom was worn, but looked clean. However, when I went in barefoot, I found out that it was sticky. The sheets on one of the beds were damp. There was a wet brown sticky stain on the carpet right between the beds ( in just the spot that I would step on it when I got out of bed). There was something sticky on the kitchen cabinet drawer pull. We were just too exhausted that night to change rooms and the mattress was soft and the bed was comfortable.

The next morning we intended to check out and find another hotel, but when we complained about the problems, the clerk on duty seemed so genuinely concerned and anxious to make things right, that we were talked into it against our better judgement. She said she would move us to another room. It was ready and she urged us to go check it out and make sure it was ok for us. She took off 50-% of the price for the 2nd day.

When we entered the room, we were immediately aware of the fresh clean smell. Everything was clean. Nothing was sticky. Nothing was damp. However, it was missing all the chairs, so we asked for a couple of chairs. The refrigerator was also turned off (or didn't work).

It is really a shame that this property hasn't been maintained better. It has lots of potential--attractive room layout, comfortable mattresses and bedding, and some nice staff who are trying hard to make do with what they have and keep the customers satisfied. With the right management, it could be a nice place, but I wouldn't go back

Room Tip: Before you accept the room, look at it, smell it, walk on the hard surface floors and see if they ar...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
therese h, Hotel Staff at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport. We apologize that we failed to meet your expectations, during your most recent visit. We have addressed the issue of the sticky floors etc with the team members and are in the process of coaching and training to ensure these issues are corrected.
If you would like to discuss your stay with us any further, so that we have a better understanding please feel free to contact us at 912.966.9644.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on our trip north from Florida. This hotel is near the airport and not close to downtown but is pet friendly. There are several restaurants located nearby including a Waffle House which is within walking distance from the hotel. This is a newer hotel and was in excellent condition. We did not hear any noise from the airplanes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to write a review, we are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay while visiting the Savannah Airport. We hope that next time you are in the area that you will once again consider us your home away from home.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here on an extended stay with our company not only did they offer a reasonable price but they were very friendly. Tabatha my house keeper was so pleasant she even ask that if I used trip advisor and enjoyed my stay to write a review even if it was bad so they would know what to improve on. Only suggestion update that Lobby maybe get a better front desk staff.

Room Tip: Ask for Tabatha to be your housekeeper if you are on an extended stay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
therese h, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

nic1597
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. Tabatha is one of our newest team members and i'm so glad that she made a positive impression on you and your stay. I will make sure that she is recognized for the shout out. I alos appreciate your comments about the lobby and the front desk staff, and assure you that coaching and training is underway with the staff. Thank you again for the kinds words about Tabatha. I hope if you are ever in the area again you will consider the Candlewood Suites as your home away from home.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was very scared about booking a room here after seeing all the reviews but it was the only hotel in savannah that had a room available. ... The staff was very nice even the housekeepers said hello and have a great day... I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ashleymcmordie67

ashleymcmordie67
Thank you for taking the time to write a review we sincerly appreciate your kind words. We are glad to hear that the staff were helpful and we able to help you with your needs. We hope that next time you are in the area you will again choose the Candlewood Suites as your home away from home

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for St. Patrick's day weekend.

Once we got to the room, it was clean inside, I will say that. However, there was 2 big white spots on the bottom of the cover. It looked very disgusting. I can't believe they have not replaced that cover. Good thing we brought our own cover.

We had a none smoking room, which was great but we did not get any sleep the first night. The refrigerator was so very loud, it was unbelievable. We had to turn it off. And because of that our sodas and water was not cold so we had to throw them away. WOW! I just can't believe they have not fixed this issue.

Last, and most importantly, their customer service is very poor. Being someone who holds a Management degree, I know all to well the importance of customer service. These hotel reps did not greet us as we were entering and leaving each day. They didn't even make eye contact.

There was one guy, an older guy, and he was the only one who gave a "hello." And that was only once. The only time we we greeted was checkout day. And that is only because we had to turn the key in at the desk.
I think it is sad that these hotel reps are the faces of this hotel but are not upholding their customer service roles. They were too busy talking to each other and playing on the computer in the business center. And because of that, I was not able to use the computer.

I honestly do not feel like I got my money's worth and think I should be reimbursed half of what I paid. I did not have a great experience and do not plan to stay there ever again.

I am big on customer service, if the service isn't great, I won't do business at a place.

Room Tip: Bring your own cover and pillows.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1LFJ1
therese h, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize that the hotel failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay. We appreciate the comments and use these for training and coaching purposes for the team members. I understand your frustration and have reached out to you via email to get a better understanding of the situation.
Again thank you for taking the time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I decided to stay here due to the promo IHG is running that requires you to stay at 5 brands. Not a good decision to pick this property. I understood the no frills and no daily towel service, but is it wrong to expect a clean room? The night stand had something sticky all over it and the chairs had stains and a cigarette burn hole. This property definitely caters to weeklong guest many of which work for utility companies. Front desk is friendly but more concerned about their own conversations than they are taking care of customers. Many other hotel choices at this exit off of 95.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
therese h, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Ryan K
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review. We sincerly appreciate your comments. I apologize that the hotel failed to meet your expectations in cleanliness and service and will definitely address these issues with the staff. Yes we are an extended stay property but that should not be an excuse for poor service and unclean rooms. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the hotel directly. Thank you again for the review and rest assured it is with these comments that we can address the issues that you have mentioned

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Good news..this is a great exitoff 95 to stop on your way south to florida. lots of hotels.easy on and off. Next year we are goin next door to the staybridge...To be fair we booked this about two hours prior to arriving late at night...however, we arrived and the service was disorganized, even though kind. There were no key cards so the maintenance man needed to open the room. They put us in the wrong kind of room so we had to wait twenty minutes for them to reassign us, at midnight, with three kids under 7. Once we got settled the room was fine. The hallways smelled like smoke. We have stayed in a candle wood in mt laurel, nj and it was very pleasant. I Did see dogs at this hotel though.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
therese h, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize that you were inconvenienced by the hotel not having key cards, I realize the frustration this must have caused you especially late at night with small children.
We are working on doing a better job of erradicating the cigarette smoke andhaving a specific location for pets and smokers.
Again we appreciate you comments and apologize for the inconvenience that was caused to you and your family.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, should you need any further assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Savannah
TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport
Hyatt Place Savannah Airport
Hyatt Place Savannah Airport
#21 of 114 in Savannah
Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler

Been to Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport? Share your experiences!