“Old Savannah charm with all the modern amenities. AMAZING!”

Hamilton-Turner Inn
Ranked #2 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I can't say enough about this Inn and the entire staff. No detail was overlooked from the beautiful room (we stayed in the Mary Telfair which was large yet cozy) with complimentary robes for use during the stay, to the delicious breakfasts, to the afternoon wine and gourmet snacks. It is the type of atmosphere that encouraged mingling, and we did. . . well beyond the set time for the happy hour! The staff was gracious enough to continue bringing hors dourves and offer more wine. The Inn is within easy walking distance to almost everything you want to see in Savannah, including the riverfront. It was also very quiet at night. We loved our stay at Hamilton Turner from the moment we walked in to the moment we checked out.

Room Tip: Based on visual observation, i would avoid a room on the first floor since it is the only high traff...
3  Thank Patty1229

Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

I am actually departing this Inn today and wanted to write about my experience while it is fresh on my mind. My experience here was one that I will not soon forget. Was the staff courteous, attentive, professional and personable...all YES! But the extras is what set this staff apart from any other inn we have visited. I asked for a New York Times the desk staff went out and purchased one for me. When I asked about seeing a local show the staff called and arranged everything , picked my show tickets up and had them waiting at the desk for me. WOW! However, at breakfast this morning they presented my wife with a rose on behalf of the staff in celebration of Mothers Day. Again I say WOW. The room was better in person then their website, breakfast was great but service is what will have us return.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank bgottftied
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent 3 of best days of our lives together in Savannah and especially at the Hamilton Turner Inn. The entire staff at the HTI was friendly, knowledgeable and helped to make our stay at the inn an unforgetable one. We will be telling all of our friends and family to stay here. We went by most of the other hotels and Inns in Savannah and no other one seemed to have the warm feel that we felt at the Hamilton Turner Inn.

4  Thank ghosthound
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Thank you Gay, Jim and to all of your staff, for making my stay in your Inn, and Savannah, such a memmorable event. My room, the breakfast, the response and attention given to me was nothing less than exceptional. After a day of touring the city, it was so relaxing to sit in the parlor and share experiences with other guests. From the moment I checked-in, to being seated at the breakfast table, I could sense that I was being treated as a special quest. Special, just like everyone else in the Inn.

Room Tip: Hamilton-Turner Inn's website was an excellent method for chosing my room. Although the websi...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

Goodness, not sure were to begin. There were so many things I liked about this place. Anything I requested from staff members was handled promptly and professionally. They really worked hard to make sure we were comfortable and it showed. Breakfast was by far the best meal we had while on our 3day trip. We felt pampered from beginning to end

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank louievan
JeremyWatson, Manager at Hamilton-Turner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with our other potential guests.

It is sincerely the pleasure of each member of our staff to assure that each of our guests have a memorable and enjoyable experience while vacationing here in Savannah. The staff here at the Hamilton-Turner Inn thank you for recognizing their hard work and continuous dedication to providing excellent service to you and all of our valuable guests.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We had a great time in Savannah! We would reccommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Savannah! We stayed in the Nathaniel Green room it was so amazing! The extra added amenities are so amazing! It was great chatting with Jim! The breakfast was awesome! Thanks Jim & Gay for a great ending to our honeymoon.

4  Thank Cassandra1766

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to tell others of your experience at the Hamilton-Turner Inn.

The Nathaniel Green Suite is our Innkeeper’s favorite room in the Inn and she is pleased that you too share her admiration. Thank you for choosing our Inn to spend your visit to our beautiful City of Savannah and we look forward to having you again as our guests.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

There are several things which were great, The owners and staff were excellant. whether it be a dinner reservation, baggage, a little more coffee, or some great conversation (house history, area recommendations), Every day they had ice tea, lemonaid and snacks. The breakfast were perfect. As they say locaton location location, the house sits on one of the 21 squares close to the river and restraunts but safe and quiet in the evenings.

Room Tip: no elevator (old home) so remember these are 14 ft ceilings and more steps
4  Thank G&Terry

We thank you for taking the time to review our Inn.

I am pleased that you were able to partake and enjoy the various amenities that we offer here at the Hamilton-Turner Inn. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and do hope you will choose us again should your travels lead you back to Savannah.