“Perfect Elopement Destination”

Hamilton-Turner Inn
Ranked #2 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is my first TripAdvisor review and it is because our experience at the Hamilton-Turner Inn was beyond exceptional. We purchased the elopement package which included 2 nights stay, a minister, a champagne toast and an 8-inch cake. You can have 4 attendees if they stay on the premises. My fiancé and I arrived Monday Jan. 13. We were given a tour of the hotel upon our arrival. We stayed in the James Oglethorpe room. My fiancé requested a floral bouquet be in the room. He only described what I liked and the price range he wanted to stay within and the bouquet we received was beautiful and fit the romantic feel of our room. Our family arrived the next day and stayed in the Carriage House. This was perfect for them as they were able to have their private rooms but visit with one another in their own living room.

The breakfast that was served each morning was phenomenal. They even altered the menu slightly as I have a gluten intolerance. On the day of our wedding, Suzie was there to ensure that all our needs were met. Our ceremony was across the street in Lafayette Square. She made sure that everything went off without a hitch. I had the wedding of my dreams because of the professionalism, sincerity, and attention to detail that all the employees at the Hamilton-Turner provided.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank DBSavage
Write a ReviewReviews (1,418)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was travelling with my dog and so happy to find that this lovely B&B allowed us to stay. The bed was an absolute dream! I would definitely stay there again. There were lots of cute places to walk to for anything from a quick snack to a delicious dinner.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank RebeccaGJ
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

This place is great. The house is so beautiful and was nicely decorated for Christmas. One of the employees came out to our car and took our luggage up to our room for us. We had originally booked another room but they upgraded us to a nicer room. I absolutely loved this room! It's in the corner and has a balcony with a beautiful view of the square. It has a four post bed and working fireplace! The bathroom was huge with a whirlpool tub. The bed was extremely comfortable with clean white sheets.

At different times, the parlor had wine and snacks. They had a selection of DVDs to take back to your room and a lot of them were new releases.

Breakfast was delicious. There's really nothing bad to say about this place. I wish I stayed longer!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Unfrostedpop-tart
Reviewed 4 January 2014

It is romantic however, the shower didn't function 100% - we've let the Inn know through a separate review, however for the price, this should not have occurred. Otherwise, the room and home are extremely romantic and charming.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank chopra1050
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is by far the most beautiful place in Savannah. You feel more like a guest of the city and less like a visitor when compared to staying at a chain hotel. They mention that this is best for children over 12. We didn't know and brought a 3 month old but they were still accommodating. Because it is an old building, you can hear a lot so I can see why they would say its best for older children. They are pet friendly but I would say they are pet "tolerant." Pets are not allowed out of the rooms or in the common areas. Pet rooms have private entrances. They have breakfast every morning and each time the food was fantastic! If you want to experience the best of Savannah you have to stay at the Hamilton-Turner Inn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Melinda W
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Beautiful accommodations, excellent service, delicious breakfast. Location couldn't be better, but once inside, we felt far removed from the tourist scene. Far superior to the other highly-rated inn that we've stayed in. Hope to go back soon.

Room Tip: My daughter and I stayed on the top (third) floor in the John Wesley room with two queen-sized beds...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SightSeer70
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I stay at a lot of really nice B&Bs, but this one may well have been the overall best. Our room was lovely, the staff was A1 helpful (e.g., one of them even moved his car to make a place for us to park, parking is always a little challenging in old Savannah), the breakfasts outstanding. In terms of location the inn is as good as any in old Savannah, just enough "off the path" to be pretty quiet.

This inn has a very at-home felol. We will be back.

Room Tip: A view of the square is particularly nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple