“Impeccable”

Ranked #2 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Waynesville, NC
“Impeccable”
Reviewed 16 December 2009

What a great B&B - one of the best I have ever been too! Hamilton-Turner is truly impeccable. This inn has it all -- great service, such a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, perfect location and comfortable. I dare you to find one thing out of place. The staff was warm, helpful and friendly. But the best part is as soon as you walk through the front door you are made to feel welcomed and right at home!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank mindyismakarios

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
St. Marys, GA
Reviewed 15 November 2009

It was our first time staying at a B&B. We spent the weekend of 13 Nov 09 for a little romantic/birthday get away. The Hamilton-Turner Inn far exceeded our expectations. The owners and staff made us feel like we were family. Everyone was warm and friendly and helped us out to their fullest extent. We were so amazed. The inn itself is absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed the wine each night and the breakfast each morning was great. Will definately stay again and will definately reccomend to anyone and everyone who will listen. Location of the inn was good. Most historical sights and restaurants are with in walking distance. The firefly and 6 pence has great food and large portions that are priced just right. Thank you for such a great weekend and wonderful memories.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank worldy-traveler73
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 13 November 2009

We stayed at the Hamilton-Turner Inn for 2 nights in November, and it was a perfect choice for our time in Savannah. The Inn was absolutely beautiful and the owners were wonderful. We stayed in the John Wesley Suite, and it was just as it looks in the pictures. I was able to see the carriage house as well, which would be a great place for several people on a trip together. The little touches were great; Ice tea, Lemonade and sweets during the day, Tea in the afternoon, and wine and snacks before dinner. The breakfast was wonderful as well. One morning it was vegetable fritatta over grits, and stuffed french toast and sausage the next. I would highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Seetheworld0714
raleigh
Reviewed 3 November 2009

My husband and I have always been hesitant about staying in a B&B because we like our personal space, but when I saw the Hamiliton-Turner Inn on Trip Advisor and read the reviews, my curiosity got the better of me. We booked the Oglethorpe Suite. The young man who greeted us at the front door portrayed an elegant quietness. He took our luggage and escorted us to our room while telling us times for evening hors d'oeuvres, evening port and breakfast, etc. The room was as pictured, "amazing" . On entering our room we heard music playing in the background and on a table we saw a small gift box displayed for us which was filled with delicious chocolate covered brittle. I felt as though I should pinch myself or my husband. We could hear the tour carriage and tour trolley guides telling passengers about the house as they passed by (The Oglethorpe suite is located on a front corner of the house). For just a moment this was our house. The bathroom and room were very clean and not dusty. We immediately went for dinner so we missed the hors d'oeuvres but returned for the evening port which we enjoyed in the Parlor sitting area. As I lay in the bed I could see the shadow of the old oak trees and moss hanging off the limbs. For a moment I imagined this house in its grandeur when women gathered in one room and being a gentlemen meant something. Breakfast was to be served at 9am by the owners we were told. We came down to breakfast where we heard laughter. There was fruit and muffins before the main course was served and plenty of very good coffee served on a beautiful set of china. We met one of the owners, Jim Dunlop who served us as promised. Oh so there are still gentlemen around (besides my husband). He was such a pleasure and also portrayed an elegant quietness. I wondered was this a requirement. We loved it. We were served a huge portion of stuffed french toast and bacon. Oh my goodness! The young couple we sat next to were also B&B 1st timers and we both agreed that if this was going to be our first experience then we had picked the right place. We dined at Alligator Soul and I can not say enough good things about the place. The food, the service and the ambiance (romantic) was just perfect to complete our visit. The Pink House is also a place to try out. Other couples gave rave reviews.

3 Thank two2go
Panama City Beach, FL.
Reviewed 20 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Hamilton-Turner Inn for our 1 year anniversary. We stayed in the Eli Whitney room. When we checked in, the staff was very helpful and willing to answer any questions we had (being this was our first trip to Savannah). We booked a "travel package" through the hotel and I was unsure during booking as to how smooth things would be coordinated. However, EVERY ASPECT of the package was handled wonderfully. The tickets/gift certificates were all together in our room when we arrived. All we had to do was show up to the locations. We found the room to be quite nice. It was mostly brick inside, which gave it a unique feel. We learned a little bit about the history of the building which is facinating. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast every morning and the afternoon tea every day. Overall, our trip was enhanced by our stay at The Hamilton-Turner Inn.

Also, the location is perfect. It isn't a long walk to anywhere in the historic district. When we return to Savannah, we will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hulksmashdave
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Great location in a very-well maintained historic building, filled with beautifully-furnished, large rooms. Period details throughout entire building, grand high ceilings and broad stairways, with a front parlor warm and hospitable as can be.

Hosts are great for conversation, local assistance and ideas.. as well as having wonderful taste in decor, menu and ambiance! They provide a great experience!

Best B & B we have visited --- highly recommended for one or several days!
We will certainly return!

1 Thank petelobl
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 12 October 2009

My wife & I regard Savannah as one of the most beautiful small cities anywhere. We and another couple recently visited for 6 days & our visit was considerably enhanced by our stay at the Hamilton-Turner Inn. Located in a handsome, historic building on Lafayette Square, right in the middle of the historic district, the Inn is very well managed by the hands-on owners, assisted by by a helpful & capable staff. We stayed in the 3 bedroom carriage house which has its own living area & outdoor courtyard. Since the 3rd bedroom wasn't occupied for most of our visit, it was like having our own comfortable apartment, with all the conveniences of a first-rate b&b. One of our best b&b experiences ever!

1 Thank Gramps55