“Not a Good Property- Stay Away.”

Courtyard Savannah Midtown
Ranked #71 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Arrived to Savannah after a long trip from Miami and was soon disappointed. First of all, the hallway smelled as if the rug had not been cleaned in years. Then, our balcony door doesn't lock. I call to get sheets for the pull out bed and someone comes up drops off the sheets and a pillow on top on the floor resting on our door so when I open the door, the pillow falls on the dirty floor! Next morning, my son and I try to use the pool only to find out that it is not operational! One of the primary reasons we chose the hotel was for the pool! Also, wake up to find no sugar or creamy for coffee so have to ring the front desk. Finally, to top it off, we're in the lobby to see two of the cleaning staff pushing each other claiming one of them swiped the other one's purse - the cops were there, ugly, ugly! So, the management of this hotel is not up to par for a Marriott property. Dissapointed.

Room Tip: Stay at a hotel in the Historic District so you can walk everywhere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I am very sorry that there were so many issues while you stayed here. I'll have to look into the hallway carpeting issue because we just remodeled our rooms and hallways and the carpeting is brand new as of March. Thank you for letting me know about the balcony door lock as well. I have my Engineering department going through all of the doors and ensuring that they are working properly. And you are correct - the associate that delivered the linens should have handed them to you and the housekeeper who cleaned your room should have left all of the necessary condiments for the in room coffee. I do apologize about the pool as well. It has been such a rainy summer that all of the rain threw off the chemicals in the pool. We were desperately tying to get everything in line so our guests could enjoy the pool however, sometimes it takes a while. I know this was an inconvenience to you and to other guests as well but we wanted to ensure that the water was safe for our guests to swim in. The associate who was taken off the property by the police was a contract housekeeper, not a Mariott associate and is banned from our property. I take guest satisfaction very seriously and invite you back to my property for a future stay. I would like to personally make your reservation for you and ensure that your stay is 100% enjoyable. Please contact me personally to set this up!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel our last night of a road trip and it was nice. The lobby is full of resources including a bar, Internet area and sitting area. They also had Starbucks. It was very nice and very relaxing. Our room was nice. It had a sliding door to go outside which made our car very accessible. Near the hotel we found multiple options of places to eat. It is also located near the highway so traveling home the next day is quick and easy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have been reading horror stories about the staff, rooms, and location. My daughter was in the hospital for 3 months earlier this year so I'm familiar with midtown; however this is my first stay at courtyard. We booked two rooms via Priceline for a small family reunion over the fourth weekend. The staff was courteous and the rooms were just fine. It did seem hard to cool the room to my husbands liking, but I enjoyed the stay. I stay at several hotels as we travel often, and this hotel was spot on for the price paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view only if you don't mind 6 am swimmers!
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed the night of July 3rd and the two front desk agents were SO helpful! They gave us a map of downtown and recoomendations of great restuarants. They were both so friendly and accomodating! They genuinely cared. The hotel was only 5 miles from downtown, a great location!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed at the Savannah Courtyard Marriott Midtown property over 4 of July weekend 2013. Before I start let me say that we are loyal Elite Gold Marriott members and have been for years. The area this property is in is not the safest. Closed businesses everywhere including the deserted Bennigans right in front of the hotel. But it was our only choice to stay close to Tybee to visit family. We woke up Sunday morning to having our car broken into and window completely smashed. Glass everywhere. We has the front desk call the police for us. Now one might think that if a customer ask you to call the police you might come out and check on them. 45 minutes later the manager comes out after we go in requesting him to come out. Abruptly pointed out the sign that they were not liable for anything. Didn't even come and look at damage or ask what was taken. Wow what a great guest experience and he told us it had happen before at the property. Police officer confirmed they area had been having a big problem with it. Avoid this place or you might end up with a $300 new window and a miserable end to a vacation.

Room Tip: If you staying in the area make sure to pick a property with a security guard and camera system.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I would like to personally apologize for what happened while you were staying at my property. I do realize that this was very inconvenient and made for a terrible stay. I have been at this property for almost two years and this has not happened since I have been here, so I'm assuming that the police officer was referring to a time prior to when I began. Unfortunately at most properties the hotel is not responsible for any break-ins or damages to a vehicle but I agree, the manager on duty could have paid more attention to the situation and for that I apologize as well. I was happy to hear that Marriott claims did reimburse you for the damages which normally they do not. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitiate to reach out to me. I do value your business and hope you do return to the hotel for a future stay.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

My friend book this hotel so I was not knowing what to expect. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating to get us rooms next to each other and also gave us tourist info. The lobby was very modern and welcoming. I know from my friend that the Jacuzzi was not working so that was one minor complaint. Other than that everything was great. The room was very clean and I do inspections. The bed and the pillows were the most comfortable that I have ever slept in. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. The other downside is it takes about 15 minutes to get to Historic Downtown, however it is a straight shoot down Abercorn.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

I'm glad you enjoyed our new beds! They are all brand new mattresses that were replaced in conjuction with our renovation. I do apologize that the spa was not available for your use, It is back up and running so come back and enjoy it!

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I called on our way into town to confirm reservations and to state we would be a late check in. The lady who answered the phone was most pleasant and helpful and said the night staff would be ready to assist us when we arrived. Our party of 3 arrived at 1130 pm. We were given keys to our room and went up to turn in for the night. We were exhausted after driving for several hours and ready for bed. After getting to our room I first noticed it was not that impressive. My second notice was that three adults were not going to fit in one king bed. This was not the room we reserved. After a talk with the not so happy to be disturbed front desk. We were given new keys to a new room on a new floor. We drag all our bags to the new room and find our keys don't work. A call to the front desk brought her up after about 5 min with a new set of keys that didn't work. She was mumbling under her breath the whole time. I did make out one sentence that she said 'I don't have to deal with this.' I thought to myself you are in customer service this is what you deal with! So she left and a very sweet lady who I assume was from house keeping came and at least let us into the room. This one could at least accommodate 3 adults. But was still not very nice. We decide we would look for another place for the test of our stay in Savannah. Around about 1230 the front desk person brought us another set of keys that still did not work! We tried to turn in for the night but you could hear kids running in the hallways. At 330 am we had to call the front desk again to ask them to please disburse the party going on in the courtyard so people could get some sleep. The bed in the room was amazingly soft!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for letting me know what happened during your stay here. My associate should have never acted like you were a burden to her and for that I apologize. I would like to look into who this associate was so if you could email me at cy.savch.gm@marriott.com and provide your name and date of stay that would be helpful. My hope is that you do choose my Courtyard again in the future. I do appreciate your business and want all of my guests to have a 100% enjoyable stay!