Courtyard by Marriott Savannah Midtown
US$191
US$251
US$226
  • Restaurant
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$235
US$219
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstandard courtyardhistoric districtroom was cleanan older hotelwater pressurei highly recommend this hotelriver streetabercornupgrades
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I was in town for business. It was clean, convenient, quiet and friendly. I was able to check-in upon arrival even though it was 11 am. The pool was warm and the bed/ linens where soft and comfortable. I got a restful night sleep. It was a great value for such a quality stay. I couldn't have chosen a better hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Booked in in for 2 nights over the weekend. The room was recently redone and pretty nice.New carpet,paint,flat panel tv,furnishings and nice bath upgrades.
Hotel staff was very acommodating when I asked for a room on the bottom floor near the entrance.The hotel sets back off of Abercorn Expway away from the traffic rush noise....if heading south on Abercorn, the sign out front is a little obscured by shrubbery,so watch for it closely after Jackson Ave and just BEFORE Bennigan's restuarant ( closed).Near the Malls (Oglethorpe and Savannah Mall) and food. 10-15 min ride downtown. Felt safe in the area and would definitely consider staying here again.

One thing of note to Mgmnt: AC was a tad bit musty,maybe a filter change is in order.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our newly renovated rooms! We are in the process of working on the signage on Abercorn Street to make it more visible to our guests. If you would please email me at cy.savch.gm@marriott.com and let me know your last name, I can find out what room you stayed in and have my Engineering department check out the AC in the room. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I decided to book a trip to Savannah. We usually stay near River Street but decided to stay on Abercorn this stay. The hotel was nice but the issue was on Sunday morning. Checkout is 12 pm and the housekeepers were beating on our door at 9 in the morning. Never mind the fact that we partied all night and didn't get in until 3. They were beating on the door like the place was on fire. Unbelievable! !!! So, I called the front desk to find out what was going on and they just ask like...no big deal. Their like oh sorry about that...really!!!! Poor customer service. I couldn't get back to sleep and my body is paying for it. I SHOULD HAVE ASKED FOR A MANAGER.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback! I do appreciate you letting me know what happened the morning you were checking out. I do apologize for that and you are correct, the housekeeper should not have disturbed you until check out time. I will go over this again with all of the housekeepers to ensure their understanding of not disturbing our guests. Again, my apologies, and I do hope you choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the Savannah area!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at this site prior to remodeling.....MUCH,MUCH better. We have stayed at many courtyard, this one is not the nicest one, but the staff and management are trying..
We stayed 2 rooms per night and 2 different rooms over 2 nights...all 4 rooms did not have a refrigerator (for us, that meant no beer storage, so we felt they were pushing us to buy their beer, $5.50 for a Budweiser, and $18 for low end wine from lobby store. Found that to be pricey. The AC was a issue on night one, we changed rooms. At appears that the motion sensors on the thermostats shut off a/c in middle of night, I had to wake up a few time to wave in front of the sensor. One of the rooms did not have a microwave. The outside could use alittle more attention, , cigarette butts on my patio and trash in parking lot. ONE BIG BEEF was they did not provide free "house coffee" in the lobby in the mornings, like ALL other courtyards provide, It felt like they were forcing us to buy the Starbucks (seemed "Low Rent" for a Marriott). We did not use the pool, hot tub, or gym. On a positive note, the staff was WONDERFUL...Deona and Matthew (?) went above and beyond to help me. Marriott should be proud to have these employees. The bartender was very nice to us and stayed longer than she could have. The flatbread was great for a late night snack. I wish they had better wine, but I am snobbish...We WILL return to this site, their senior rates overcame any shortcomings of the facility. Once again, thanks to the staff for treating me like family, Note: a cab ride to the Riverfront is $20 with tip...worth it if you plan on drinking. Easy to find a cab for ride back...there is an APP for smartphone for yellow cab Savannah that worked perfect for us.

Room Tip: for women traveling alone, maybe ask for Courtyard side rooms for added security.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan R
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your business and for providing feedback about your stay! Unfortunately, Courtyards do not provide the lobby coffee anymore but yes, we do have Starbucks available in the Bistro and we can always provide guests with more in room coffee as well. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here for a swim meet. It is very close to the aquatic center. During our stay, there were clearly some "operational issues". However, the management was quick to respond and even provided us a credit on our bill for the inconvenience. The hotel has been remodeled in the new bistro style and my daughter loved the french toast. They even cooked it 30 minutes before the bistro opened so she could make her warm up time at the pool. IN addition, the half price wings at happy hour are also a must during your visit.

We had a courtyard view and one night, a family reunion decided to stay out late. Upon calling the front desk at 11:00pm, they cleared the pool to make sure it was quiet for guests to sleep. We were impressed with the responsiveness of the management. They appear to be trying hard to make it a nice stay.

Old vacant Bennigans where you have to drive buy to get to the entrance is an eye sore. Marriott should address this somehow. Also, more greenery should be planted in parking lot to partition off the property from the neighbors to the south. The north parking lot has this greenery in place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your review! We do try and make everyone's stay 100% enjoyable and I'm glad that my staff was able to accomodate you. I am happy to say that the vacant Bennigan's building was sold and it is now a business. We hope you choose to stay with us again!