“A renovated older bldg that is set back from the road.”

Courtyard Savannah Midtown
Ranked #71 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My family stayed here while my wife was in a class at the hotel. The hotel is set back and not easy to see from the street (small signage) - the GPS said I arrived as I passed the old Bennigan's next door. The hotel and the room was fine (new Courtyard design in an older building). The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful when we twice had the key card demagnitised. There were a number of chain type restaurants in the area as well as a mall - not really a walkable area though.

Room Tip: Elevator is slow so consider this if you like high floors
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

I apologize that you had a difficult time finding the hotel due to our signage. We are in the process of getting that fixed. I do hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

honestly my biggest complain was the street signage lights were out and i drove past the hotel. It's definitely an order building that renovated - although the walls look old. It's your generic Courtyard - not fully renovated nor as nice as those that are. But...while not in a great part of town, it served its purpose - and it's more than adequate for a business night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelManSouth

Thank you for your review! Please accept my apologies for the signage not being lit up. I can see how this would be frustrating while trying to locate the building. I'm pleased to let you know that it has been fixed. I hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you are heading as a tourist to Savannah and want to be able to walk and explore, you might want to look into a "downtown" hotel. It is about an 8 mile drive into the Historic District and parking is always at a premium there. We chose this hotel because we were visiting friends and have been to Savannah many times before. This is an older hotel but it is updated and does have a lovely lobby and the outdoor pool is a comfortable place to gather. The hot tub is delightful and is inside just steps from the pool. We were fortunate to have been upgraded to a suite as a gold elite member, so this review is definitely a bit biased due to the beautiful room we were in. We had a separate bedroom and living area with a sliding glass door out to a small balcony overlooking the pool. Once again, however, we were in a Courtyard that took all the coffee service out of the lobby and replaced it with a Starbucks concession. If you despise in room coffee makers and the little packs of "creamer" as much as we do, well, its just downright annoying. The hotel is also on a divided roadway with a sign that is almost impossible to see, especially at night, and you will be doing a lot of "U" turns to get anywhere. However, parking at the hotel is easy and convenient to the rooms and it was very quiet for sleeping at night.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for review! I do apologize about no longer having free lobby coffee and I appreciate your concern. Also, we are looking into our signage in order to make our property easier to find. Thanks again!

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

I was in Savannah for a tennis tournament, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The Courtyard Marriott had everything I needed: attractive decor, cordial helpful staff, abundant free parking, reliable in-room wifi, HDTV with every espn platform, and good temp control in the rooms. Along with the Bistro (which I didn't use) the hotel also had a little mini-mart where you could buy sandwiches and frozen dinners for microwaving. I noticed one reviewer criticizing the soft mattresses. They ARE soft, but I rather liked it. Another reviewer felt that the cleaning staff came by too early. For me, it was just the opposite; several times I returned to my room in the afternoon, and they still hadn't been by. All in all it was a fine hotel and a great value for the price.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was just passing through town and only there for a place to sleep and shower before moving on. This place is a little difficult to find and it looked deserted at the time I arrived, but there was an employee at the front desk. She wasn't enthusiastic or anything, but who could blame her? It was pretty late.

I had a chance to peruse the lobby with its bar and starbucks stuff. It looked pretty expensive. I made a note to myself to make sure I didn't buy anything there. It's overpriced.

The price of the room seemed reasonable for a Courtyard, but when we went to the room we found the next wing was in some form of construction, complete with a large dumpster taking up a lot of parking spaces. There was a plastic tarp blocking the hallway to that side and a very loud fan was running. My concerns were assuaged, however, when we go into the room and found it to be quiet.

The room was pretty nice. Recently updated, I think, with one big obvious oversight. There was no refrigerator. I don't really care, because I hadn't planned on using one, but there was a cabinet with a hole in it and I was a little concerned that I might be blamed for it.

One more little thing: When I was making trips back and forth I saw the housekeeper cleaning the room directly across the way. She saw me exit the room with bags and asked if I was leaving. I knew my wife would take about 30 more minutes so I said not quite yet. She then asked when I was leaving. I don't think she meant to be rude, but it could have been taken that way. I laughed and told her it would be about another half hour.

Nothing about my stay was enough to stop me from returning, but I really think they should have to inform guests BEFORE they commit to staying that there is construction taking place. It probably wouldn't have made a difference to me, but it might to somebody else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your response and for choosing to stay with us! We were doing some construction but it wasn't due to a renovation. There was a sprinkler incident in a guest room not too long ago and the crew was finishing up the repair work that needed to be done. I know this was inconvenient to you and to other guests and I do apologize about that. Again, thank you for staying with us and I do hope you choose us in the future!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This property has been updated and the lobby and other amenities are top notch. My only reason for giving the property 4 stars instead of 5 was because the beds, in my opinion, were too soft. Probably ok for one person, but if two people are on them you feel like your are sleeping in a valley. Since we had just spent a couple of nights at a "regular" Marriott, the difference in bed quality was quite noticeable. Again, this may be a person preference, but if you end up with the 2 queen bed room and need to sleep 2 to a bed, you will notice the difference.

Room Tip: As per my comments, if you get the 2 queen bed room, consider only one person to a bed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy our new mattresses! I do understand that everyone does have a different preference when it comes to bedding and the firmness of a mattress. I do appreciate your business!

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I was in town for business. It was clean, convenient, quiet and friendly. I was able to check-in upon arrival even though it was 11 am. The pool was warm and the bed/ linens where soft and comfortable. I got a restful night sleep. It was a great value for such a quality stay. I couldn't have chosen a better hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013