“Nowhere near the historic area”

Courtyard Savannah Midtown
Ranked #73 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Staff at the front desk was eThe staff at the front desk were extremely pleasant and helpful. The updates around the lobby and in the rooms were nice. The elevator and halls were super sketchy and definitely needed some attention. The elevator literally took 5-10 minutes to clank up and down 3 floors. I would have taken the stairs but like I mentioned, sketchy. We came through Savannah passing by on a romantic weekend road trip. We tried to stay downtown but everything was full or way too expensive. We booked on a mobile app and regretted the distance to all the nightlife and culture. Otherwise, it was what you would expect from a courtyard. Comfortable bed with good linens, a nice night’s sleep.xtre

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda S
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize our location wasn't ideal for your stay with us. I am happy that you had a good nights sleep and the bed was comfortable for you. If you would like to contact the property I would be more than happy to speak with you. We want to make sure that your stay always exceeds your expectations. Thank you for your feedback as this is invaluble for us to make our property better for our guests.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

If you are booking through the Marriott central reservation system make sure they do not book you into this hotel. It is a good 10-15 minutes from the old part of the City. We had been told that it was the Old City location by the central reservation system. Hotel appeared to be very understaffed (at check in, restaurant, room service) given they were at 100% occupancy. (example, our room had no linen for pull out even though we made the reservation for 3 people, when we returned the linen had been dropped at the door - no effort had been made to make the bed)
Do not ask the front desk to find you a cab - they arranged one for us and it cost us double what the metered cab back to the hotel did. Good thing that we have been to Savannah because if this had been our first time - it might have made us not come back.
Disappointed Marriott member

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback! I apologize that central reservations did not book your reservation at our downtown property. Sometimes guests book in midtown thinking that we are closer to downtown and I do realize that can be frustrating. I do appreciate your business and if there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me here at the property.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hotel sign is difficult to spot. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 3rd floor over looking the pool. Be careful to have your curtains closed for privacy as the rooms across the pool are very close. We had a horrible night with slamming doors and paper thin walls. The rooms need updating again. The beds are comfortable and pillows were fine. It's about a 5 mile drive to the River. Next trip we'll stay at the Hyatt on the River.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Regina P
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your review! We are in the process of working with the City of Savannah to change our signage. We do realize that is causes confusion! I do apologize that doors were being slammed all night long. We want all of our guests to have a restful night sleep so always contact the front desk so we can take care of the problem. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here for just one night. It was exactly what I would expect from a Courtyard. The place was affordable, generally very clean and well-kept. The room was updated and comfortable. The service was friendly and helpful. It was exactly what I want from a Courtyard and better than I sometimes get at other locations.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your response! I do appreciate your business and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My family stayed here while my wife was in a class at the hotel. The hotel is set back and not easy to see from the street (small signage) - the GPS said I arrived as I passed the old Bennigan's next door. The hotel and the room was fine (new Courtyard design in an older building). The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful when we twice had the key card demagnitised. There were a number of chain type restaurants in the area as well as a mall - not really a walkable area though.

Room Tip: Elevator is slow so consider this if you like high floors
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

I apologize that you had a difficult time finding the hotel due to our signage. We are in the process of getting that fixed. I do hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

honestly my biggest complain was the street signage lights were out and i drove past the hotel. It's definitely an order building that renovated - although the walls look old. It's your generic Courtyard - not fully renovated nor as nice as those that are. But...while not in a great part of town, it served its purpose - and it's more than adequate for a business night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelManSouth

Thank you for your review! Please accept my apologies for the signage not being lit up. I can see how this would be frustrating while trying to locate the building. I'm pleased to let you know that it has been fixed. I hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

If you are heading as a tourist to Savannah and want to be able to walk and explore, you might want to look into a "downtown" hotel. It is about an 8 mile drive into the Historic District and parking is always at a premium there. We chose this hotel because we were visiting friends and have been to Savannah many times before. This is an older hotel but it is updated and does have a lovely lobby and the outdoor pool is a comfortable place to gather. The hot tub is delightful and is inside just steps from the pool. We were fortunate to have been upgraded to a suite as a gold elite member, so this review is definitely a bit biased due to the beautiful room we were in. We had a separate bedroom and living area with a sliding glass door out to a small balcony overlooking the pool. Once again, however, we were in a Courtyard that took all the coffee service out of the lobby and replaced it with a Starbucks concession. If you despise in room coffee makers and the little packs of "creamer" as much as we do, well, its just downright annoying. The hotel is also on a divided roadway with a sign that is almost impossible to see, especially at night, and you will be doing a lot of "U" turns to get anywhere. However, parking at the hotel is easy and convenient to the rooms and it was very quiet for sleeping at night.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for review! I do apologize about no longer having free lobby coffee and I appreciate your concern. Also, we are looking into our signage in order to make our property easier to find. Thanks again!