“No complaints”

Ranked #79 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
“No complaints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here last August as a stopping point from driving all night. Got there earlier than expected and very grateful that a room was available. Took a nap and took in the sights. It rained so we didn't get to enjoy the pool or very cool looking outside area. Did use the business center/computers-so they really came in handy. Got breakfast the next morning and very impressed with the food. Would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
I'm so excited to hear that your trip was great! It seems like you got a lot accomplished on such a quick stopover trip. If you ever need pointers for rainy day activities, stop by our Front Desk team and they have some great brochures and ideas of things to do. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Like many Courtyards, this one is very nice with an updated lobby and in our case, the room was also very good. We had a light dinner which was ok (soup and roast beef sandwich) BUT the accompanying carrots were slimy (obviously a bit old). Also, the menu options were limited. Seating I. The bistro was great except for the tv in our booth that did not receive a signal (front desk said it never could) - so why have it in the first place if it can't work?
Nevertheless, the place is very clean, comfortable and friendly. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking the pool is a quiet spot.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback! The tv's in the Bistro are all fully functioning. I'm unsure why my team stated that to you, especially since the Media Pods are one of our lobby's best features. But rest assured they are working properly now. We apprecite you taking the time to respond. Hope you have a great day!
Jacksonville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were in town for a baseball tournament, and stayed here for one night on April 26. The lobby is new and really nice. The rooms/hallways were clean but the hotel looked a little worn to me. Carpets were worn and bathroom was worn, but I do need to point out that the place was clean.

The staff was really nice and I have to give the entire staff kudos. I am Marriott Platinum so I stay at Marriotts all the time. I'm always curious how hotels that don't know me will treat me, and this place treated me well with constant smiles. Though I was told no room upgrades were available, they did provide me a complimentary breakfast in the Bistro because I was Platinum. Of all the Marriott properties, Courtyards (in my opinion) give the least amount of frills to Platinum members, so it was much appreciated that they did this. When I had the breakfast, it was absolutely delicious and the Starbucks coffee tasted great too. I would definitely consider staying here in the future and overall I give it a "thumbs-up".

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We truly do appreciate your Platinum status with Marriott and I'm glad to hear that you were well taken care of by my team. Courtyard has just recently upgraded their Platinum arrival gift to include 400 points upon arrival as well as either a complimentary Starbucks beverage during your stay or an item from our Market. We were glad to see the increase in the gift as we know our Platinum members see Marriotts more than they see their actual homes! Thank you for your continued dedication to our Marriott Family!
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The Lobby is attractive and has been remodeled like most Courtyards, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The rooms do show signs of wear like a resort property. Good strong flow in the shower. Great large bowl of oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit available from the restaurant in the morning. Good for a 2 nite stay. Very friendly staff.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank EventPlanner_7186700
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Good Evening and thank you for your comments!

Next to our amazing team at the Courtyard, one of my favorite things about our hotel is the shower! All new GM's stay at their properties in order to get the true guest experience. There's nothing better at the end of the day than a great hot shower so I definitely agree with you.

I'm glad you had a pleasant breakfast with all the healthy options we currently have available. Next time try our new seasonal Breakfast Quiche. You won't be let down!

We have some great projects underway currently so I hope you'll come again and see all the great improvements.

Melissa Gassien
Cheraw, South Carolina, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The management staff, the bistro staff, the housekeeping staff, wonderful professional and friendly people.

My only negative would be the refrigerator size and no microwave in the room.

I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Savannah Georgia.

• Stayed March 2014
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for the positive review! We have started a project to include microwaves in all of our guest rooms and upgrade our mini-fridges to a little larger size. We will always have a microwave available in our 24 hour market area and don't ever hesitate to call the front desk and we can have one delivered to your room as well. We hope to see you again!
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff was great and met my expectations and rooms have been updated, however, bathrooms had not been and paint only covers so much.
This was an "older hotel" and they have updated it some. I would have preferred to stay at another hotel in Midtown for the money I spent (over $120) or spent an extra $15 for a different hotel a half a block down the street and gotten a room with a suite.
I would recommend spending your money somewhere else to get something "newer" and get more for your money. I won't be back and should have booked at the Hampton Inn and Suites.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank funinthesun724
Thank you for your review! I'm the new General Manager of this property and we already have some projects underway to improve our bathrooms. I'm glad to hear that your experience with our team was positive, and I hope that you'll give us another chance to wow you in the next few months.
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were on a family vacation headed from Florida to Atlanta when we decided to stay a night in Savannah. I made reservations online at the Marriott Courtyard for a room that would accommodate all four of us. When I arrived at 8pm, the friendly desk clerk informed me that our room was on the third floor and the elevator was not working. I wasn't sure how my husband would react to the prospect of lugging luggage up three flights of stairs, so I told her I would find another place - a broken elevator is a justifiable reason to back out of a reservation. The desk clerk offered me an additional 1500 Marriott reward points. Wow, but I have no idea what value these reward points hold. I told her I would have to check with my spouse. She added that they would help us with the luggage. Her desperation to not have me back out of the reservation impressed me.

For a Marriott hotel not to have a working elevator really bewildered me. Does the brand Marriott not mean a minimum standard of quality? It was a Saturday night - do elevator repairmen charge higher rates on the weekend? Is this hotel run by an owner who pinches every penny even at the expense of guests and would delay having the elevator repaired in order to save a few extra bucks? Wait, what if someone is stuck inside the broken elevator? Ok, maybe a serviceman did come and decided the elevator needed a part and that part needs to be shipped. Oh well, I will never figure that one out.

My husband, tired from the long drive up the Florida coast, was more willing to lug up the luggage than search for another hotel. I don't know whether the clerk credited me the additional points but I appreciate her offer to help as well. I don't know how the desk clerk is compensated or if she has an ownership stake, but her duty to her job is commendable.

After checking in and hauling the luggage up the stairs, we were pretty hungry. We could see a Denny's next door and a short stroll away. Ugh - my son and I had eaten breakfast at a Denny's in Coral Gables earlier in the week. The food was bland and the waiter couldn't have been more indifferent. Well, a surprise lay in store. The people who worked there were really pleasant. The waiter made a fresh pot of decaf. The omelets were fluffy, and the burgers juicy. The french fries were fresh. Clearly, a place where all the employees were happy. We all left the restaurant with smiles.

Not all franchises are alike - I'm sure this Marriott Courtyard falls short of the brand, but the Denny's next door is the top of its 'brandom'.

Room Tip: Interior courtyard on main level offer best access to the pool. Also, no worries if the elevator bre...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Matthew J, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your response about your stay with us. I apologize about the elevator not working during your stay. I am glad to hear that our staff was willing to assist you in any way she could. We did have a service man respond as soon as it went down and the part had to be ordered. I apologize again about this and hope to see you on your return trip to Savannah.