“Solid”

Ranked #77 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Solid”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here during a road trip up the coast from South Florida. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel in general. We arrived later in the evening and were able to order from the Bistro ....a good bar drink and some burgers and wings. The room was large and the beds very comfortable. The only unfortunate thing I encountered was rot and mold on the furniture where the refrigerator was stored. I will attach photos. I will also attach a photo of the morning view from room 116.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Oh my! A picture is worth a thousand words! Thank you so much for briging that cabinet door to my attention. My engineering team is already working on it's replacement. Because it was on the inside, we didn't readily notice it and I thank you for bringing it to my attention!

I'm happy that your experience in our Bistro was a good one! We have a phenomenal seasonal menu going on right now too that includes a delicious Grilled Ham and Cheese with Apple Slaw. Pair that with our Citrus Sangria and you won't be sorry! Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
South Portland, Maine
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is your standard Courtyard that appears to have been a renovated property from a previous hotel ownership. The lobby and bedroom areas are very nice. The bathroom tub/shower area needs work and seems to be the one place that Marriotts skimp on in the renos as this could use some work (I stay at Courtyard fairly frequently and this is seems the case in reno projects). The outer hallway areas could use some carpet cleaning and paint. The location is off the beaten path of any sightseeing but it was good start point for our day in Tybee & Ft Pulaski - 20 - 25 minutes. The staff was very nice. There is a delightful cafe close by called the Toucan Grill if you are not interested in the fast food in the area or the hotel bistro. We did enjoy the Bistro breakfast. Overall a decent stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for your response! If only we could bulldoze some bathrooms! Our biggest change for these next year is going to be the removal of the bathroom wall paper and jazzing it up with some accent wall painting. We are re-surfacing all tubs this year and the project will be completed in the upcoming months. If you loved Toucan Cafe you'll have to try their sister restaurant Sweet Potatoes. It was named "Best Banana Pudding on Earth" on Man vs. Food. Absolutely delicious! Granted it still doesn't come close to our Warm Chocolate Chip Cookie sundaes in the Bistro...
maryland
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here when my daughter (a student in the area) broke her leg. The staff was so helpful and friendly. The new lobby is great and the rooms are very comfortable. Even a lovely sitting area outside near the pool. While you can tell this is an older hotel that has been updated (especially in the hallways) it is still a nice place to stay, will come back often.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's leg! If there is anything we can ever do to help accommodate you better, please don't hesitate to ask. Crutches in the summer are never fun but our creative team here will help decorate her cast. Glad to hear you had a great stay and we hope to see you again in the future!
Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here last August as a stopping point from driving all night. Got there earlier than expected and very grateful that a room was available. Took a nap and took in the sights. It rained so we didn't get to enjoy the pool or very cool looking outside area. Did use the business center/computers-so they really came in handy. Got breakfast the next morning and very impressed with the food. Would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
I'm so excited to hear that your trip was great! It seems like you got a lot accomplished on such a quick stopover trip. If you ever need pointers for rainy day activities, stop by our Front Desk team and they have some great brochures and ideas of things to do. Hope to see you again soon!
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Like many Courtyards, this one is very nice with an updated lobby and in our case, the room was also very good. We had a light dinner which was ok (soup and roast beef sandwich) BUT the accompanying carrots were slimy (obviously a bit old). Also, the menu options were limited. Seating I. The bistro was great except for the tv in our booth that did not receive a signal (front desk said it never could) - so why have it in the first place if it can't work?
Nevertheless, the place is very clean, comfortable and friendly. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Third floor overlooking the pool is a quiet spot.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback! The tv's in the Bistro are all fully functioning. I'm unsure why my team stated that to you, especially since the Media Pods are one of our lobby's best features. But rest assured they are working properly now. We apprecite you taking the time to respond. Hope you have a great day!
Jacksonville
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were in town for a baseball tournament, and stayed here for one night on April 26. The lobby is new and really nice. The rooms/hallways were clean but the hotel looked a little worn to me. Carpets were worn and bathroom was worn, but I do need to point out that the place was clean.

The staff was really nice and I have to give the entire staff kudos. I am Marriott Platinum so I stay at Marriotts all the time. I'm always curious how hotels that don't know me will treat me, and this place treated me well with constant smiles. Though I was told no room upgrades were available, they did provide me a complimentary breakfast in the Bistro because I was Platinum. Of all the Marriott properties, Courtyards (in my opinion) give the least amount of frills to Platinum members, so it was much appreciated that they did this. When I had the breakfast, it was absolutely delicious and the Starbucks coffee tasted great too. I would definitely consider staying here in the future and overall I give it a "thumbs-up".

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We truly do appreciate your Platinum status with Marriott and I'm glad to hear that you were well taken care of by my team. Courtyard has just recently upgraded their Platinum arrival gift to include 400 points upon arrival as well as either a complimentary Starbucks beverage during your stay or an item from our Market. We were glad to see the increase in the gift as we know our Platinum members see Marriotts more than they see their actual homes! Thank you for your continued dedication to our Marriott Family!
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The Lobby is attractive and has been remodeled like most Courtyards, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The rooms do show signs of wear like a resort property. Good strong flow in the shower. Great large bowl of oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit available from the restaurant in the morning. Good for a 2 nite stay. Very friendly staff.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank EventPlanner_7186700
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Good Evening and thank you for your comments!

Next to our amazing team at the Courtyard, one of my favorite things about our hotel is the shower! All new GM's stay at their properties in order to get the true guest experience. There's nothing better at the end of the day than a great hot shower so I definitely agree with you.

I'm glad you had a pleasant breakfast with all the healthy options we currently have available. Next time try our new seasonal Breakfast Quiche. You won't be let down!

We have some great projects underway currently so I hope you'll come again and see all the great improvements.

Melissa Gassien