“Very convenient if you planning to come visit your SCAD student or do business in the historic Savannah area”

Courtyard Savannah Midtown
Ranked #73 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The courtyard brand continues to look for improvements specially in their lobby areas. We arrived for one night to being back our son from college. The lobby has enhanced features like a cafeteria that is open for longer hours. The room is ok. Price very good if you plan ahead.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Luis E
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Tuition costs aren't getting any cheaper, so we try to offer a good value for when you're visiting with your student. Best deal for us is that you don't have to pay for parking! Hope your student has an excellent semester!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Being about 5 miles out of town, the drive in is quite easy, and parking can easily be scored, even for free, if you're willing to walk a bit. It's a decent sort of place, with updated furnishings, and we were quite happy with our room overlooking the swimming pool. All went well until we tried to take a shower that evening. There was no hot water, the problem was not fixed until close to 11:30pm, way past the time we wanted to get cleaned up. Mechanical issues happen, and we understand sometimes it takes a while to fix. But, when we checked out the next morning, when told we had to take a cold shower because there was a lack of hot water, the check out crew asked whether we notified anyone last night. I was very surprised that instead of an apology, turned out the morning crew was not aware of the problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I was assured by both my team and the water heater manufacturer that the solution we put in place would correct this issue. I promise that this is my top priority as it is something extremely important as a basic necessity to every guest. I'm currently on a flight and as soon as get to Savannah I'm heading into the hotel to look into this. Please contact me at the hotel directly if I can offer any assistance. Thank you for brining this to my attention.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This property if very old and looks like a Holiday Inn with a Marriott Sign. Plus you will get treated like you are at a Holiday Inn not a Marriott. We found a spider in my son's bed when we turned the covers back for him to get in bed. There was mold on the bathroom floor and tub, the hallways are very warm and extremely old looking, very depressing looking. Back slider in my room had a screen door that was hanging from the frame (broken). This property is not easy to get to especially coming from the west and is not in a good area of town.

What was really the MOST disappointing of any of these was (waiting on the phone for 15 minutes) and not being allowed a late check out (even as Marriott Silver Rewards Member) of even 30 minutes because "too many people had already requested them" then walking down the hall as we are leaving the hotel and all of the room doors were open and empty, we were the only ones left on the hall. They did not need my room for 30 more minutes and could have honored this, plus half the hotel was checking out due to the soccer tournament being over (Sunday afternoon).

So to sum up the BAD: bugs, dirty, old, bad location and crappy service (even if you are a loyal Marriott rewards member).

To sum up the GOOD: It did have a comfortable bed consistent with other Marriott properties, and the front desk lady is very pleasant when she tells you No... No...No...No...and NO!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank bookingpro10

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. You are always more than welcome to immediately notify us if your room isn't to your expectations and we will get you one that is more to your liking.

We are resurfacing our tubs in the upcoming months (there is a darker exposure under the enamel) which is going to give our bathrooms a nice face lift.

I thank you for your comments as I will utilize them during my training next week with our front desk team. There is always room for constant improvement and your feedback helps us pinpoint focus areas!

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Due to being Memorial weekend rooms were difficult to come by as well as all rooms seemed to have much higher costs than normally. We had to pay $140 per night and the room normally goes around $114 per night! In my opinion the room is barely worth $114 let alone $140 plus tax! Upon entering the building the first thing you notice is all the stains on the carpet and how dirty everything thing is on the sliding doors and elevator. The room was just ok but going on the balcony the sliding glass door railings were filthy! The bed was ok and what I noticed the bathroom was clean! This is a very disappointing Marriott's property. Not the most convenient location for visiting Savannah but that is not their fault! The staff was very nice! There was a lot of noise in the courtyard and halls due to a lot of large groups! Again that is not the fault of the property! I would not recommend this property or ever stay here again. We couldn't find our TV remote and they brought one up only to find it later under the sheets????

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Memorial Day weekend is always big for most destination hotels. I'm sorry to hear that it was noisy during your stay with us. Please don't ever hesitate to contact the front desk if there is noise surrounding you. We are always staffed 24 hours and will gladly ask the offending guests to keep the noise levels down.

In regards to your room rate, we do offered discounted rates during the week as this is typically our slower times. We are still a great deal compared to many area hotels that charge $400 for the downtown areas.

Our Bistro offers much fresher options than a typical buffet. The Courtyard Bistros are viewed as a better options than hotels that offer continental buffets because we allow our guests the choice of what they'd like to eat and pay for. All of our food is made to order so you know its fresh and healthy!

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

When I took a shower that night they didn't have hot water! We called and they didn't fix it till after I had already taken a shower (couldn't wait all night for this). And then when we complained in the morning, they said "why didn't you say anything." Um...actually we did. Don't treat us like we're stupid. Of course we told you. You guys need to work on communication! And you guys don't even have continental breakfast!!!

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for the feedback. Your comment helped me work thru a better solution to our hot water. I wasn't aware that we had a delay and when I spoke to my Engineering team we were able to come up with a permanent solution that fixed the issue you experienced. I'm big on hot showers (to me they are just as important as a good night's sleep!) and I'm sorry you didn't get one while with us. I hope you'll give us another try if ever in the area again and please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if you are in town. Thanks!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here for over two weeks on business.
No free coffee in the lobby.
Had a cup filled with change that housekeeping STOLE
Black mold in the bathroom
Terrible layout in the rooms.
If you have no other choice then stay here, otherwise stay as far away as possible.

• Stayed: May 2014
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience! All Courtyard hotels took away the complimentary lobby coffee when we put in the Bistros. We proudly brew Starbucks coffee 24/7 and will always have it available. There will always be complimentary coffee available in your room.

In regards to your comment on the black mold in your room, I did inspect it myself and did not find any. Black mold is toxic and is not something that hotels take lightly. Our housekeepers are highly trained on their cleaning procedures and we utilize a nationaly recognized company for our cleaning chemicals and techniques.

If you are ever unsatisfied with a room in the futue, please let us know immediately and we would be more than happy to move you to a room that better suits your needs.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here during a road trip up the coast from South Florida. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel in general. We arrived later in the evening and were able to order from the Bistro ....a good bar drink and some burgers and wings. The room was large and the beds very comfortable. The only unfortunate thing I encountered was rot and mold on the furniture where the refrigerator was stored. I will attach photos. I will also attach a photo of the morning view from room 116.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Oh my! A picture is worth a thousand words! Thank you so much for briging that cabinet door to my attention. My engineering team is already working on it's replacement. Because it was on the inside, we didn't readily notice it and I thank you for bringing it to my attention!

I'm happy that your experience in our Bistro was a good one! We have a phenomenal seasonal menu going on right now too that includes a delicious Grilled Ham and Cheese with Apple Slaw. Pair that with our Citrus Sangria and you won't be sorry! Hope to see you again soon.