“Nickle & Dime”

Travel Inn
Travel Inn
Ranked #110 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 20 January 2012

These guys are awful. They advertise $35 on their sign.
Well once you get there it's a different story.

+ $5 tax
+ $15 for having an extra person [my wife].
+ $10 to stay on in a room on the 1st floor

-> I have a broken foot and I'm on crutches, so I was looked at her and said "I guess I'll have to go to the upstairs."

-> We also got in at 2:00am after driving all day. I called at 10:00am and asked if we can have an extended checkout. At first she said "No." "That cannot happen." I tried to plead my case and she said "Okay, that will be $10."

I just hung up on her and left.

I WOULD GLADLY FORK OVER $60 IF THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD IN THE FIRST PLACE. DON'T ADVERTISE $35 AND THEN NICKLE AND DIME ME UNTIL IT TWICE THE ORIGINAL ADVERTISED PRICE.

After going to this website I realized I should have checked it first and saw it is a 1 star, rated 87 out of 107 hotels in Savannah.

PS. Don't go to the vending machine barefoot. There is three or four broken light bulbs all over the floor surrounding the machine. I stepped on one luckily with my heel and didn't cut myself.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank brian g

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Where do I start. I have 8 children and seven of them ranging in age from 19-2 years old was with us on a family vacation to Tybee. We have a hard time finding a hotel that will accomodate a family our size but this hotel had adjoining rooms and had no problems getting us rooms and for a good price. Once we arrived we realized the outside of the building is falling down. I was horrified. Then we went to our rooms. The rooms smelled like a dirty litter box. One room had no cable and the mini fridge did not work. We reported this to the front desk and they brought a cable box to wich we had to install. These rooms are filthy. Also there were prostitutes outside in the corridor and one of them was dropping the F bomb every other word even though she saw clearly there were children with us, and I say prostitute because where I come from normal women dont walk around in little school girl uniforms with high heals on. The pool looks so nice in the pics so we thought we would give it a try the water was cloudy, you couldnt see to the bottom, though it was heated we felt less than safe seeings how people were out on there patios drinking, fighting and yelling at the top of there lungs. Then upon leaving for the beach the next morning the cleaning staff was outside our rooms so we requested that they please clean our room assuming they were going to put clean towels in the room, WRONG. They don't speak or understand a word of english so when we came back to our room that night to shower and go out to dinner NO TOWELS. So my husband went to the front desk to ask for towels and they said they would be brought to our room. THEY NEVER CAME. Even though we asked repeatedly they NEVER gave us clean towel and we stayed in this misserable place for two nights. All the while fearing for our safty from the many guest walking around drinking and cursing. Now I am not faint of heart but this place is terrible. Why did we stay the two nights anyway, because they told us when we made our reservations we could not have our money refunded so we tuffed it out. The beach was great our stay at this hotel THE WORST EVER!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank madmommaof8
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times but this time, what a disappointment! We were given a room in the 4th building way in the back and the inter-net service was horrible. Couldn't access my work orders unless I went to the lobby - which was NOT air conditioned. While the young lady at the desk was wonderful, the following morning, the continental breakfast left much to be desired. The coffee urns were empty by 6:30 AM, the machine for hot water for tea was out of order, the room itself needed more toilet paper and was not very clean compared to other rooms we've had there. The manager did not seem at all helpful and had an attitude. This will be our last stop here!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank ginny110411
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I went for the cheapest stay I could find, and for the price, this place was pretty great. Friendly staff; waffles, cereal, muffins, bread, juice, milk, tea, and cofffee to choose from for breakfast; and clean room

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 13dyanne
Reviewed 16 May 2010

This motel was decent for a lower end motel. The location was very close to restaurants, shopping and the Interstate.

What I did not like was the attitude of the desk clerk. When I checked in, at 5PM, he said he did not have the room for me I reserved and paid for. He explained that by booking a certain style room, such as king non smoking. That even when the Travelodge website offers the customer to choose a king or double, smoking or non smoking and takes your money. That he has the right to offer whatever room he wants and if the customer does not like it, he will say the customer cancelled the room and their will be no refund.

I complained and got the king non smoking I paid for instead of the 2 double smoking room he was going to give me. After he gave me my key he said I got the last king size non smoking and the other 4 reservations would have to settle with 2 double smoking or he will mark their reservations as cancelled.

The hotel was nice and somewhat clean for the price but the customer service was not atrocious.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Bruce P
Reviewed 17 April 2010

We stopped late on the evening of 4/9/2010 traffic on I95 was slow we pulled off and saw the sign for rooms at 29.95 and we thought we would give it a shot we had never stayed in one the staff was very helpful the room was clean the bed was very comfortable . In the morning the hot coffee and fresh waffles were wonderful and a great way to start the day we will stay there every time we head to Flordia.

Ed and Lori M.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2010

This is a true review, my son lifted the bedspread and low and behold there was a used condom laying on the carpet, doesn't get much more disgusting than that. We were woken up at 4am with a loud party checking in to their room, mind you the hotel was 25% occupied so the desk clerk could have put them away from us. The rooms are paper thin, you can hear all of the conversation in the next room. The maid was vacuuming at 8am and you could hear that as well. The hotel is run down and there should be some sort of health inspection for these hotels. Also, stray cats run around the halls which is very odd. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this place.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family