“Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #9 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have been to Savannah many times. I was looking for a bit of home away from home while visiting Savannah. The inn was both warn and relaxing. The staff was friendly and helpful with info about what was happening, places to eat and things to see that I had not known before. I loved the feel of the rooms. It was like stepping back in time with modern touches. I especially loved the ability to relax in either the garden or on the porch overlooking the park. The morning breakfast was fine. The afternoon meet and greet with staff and guest was wonderful. I would definitely go back for a visit. I recommend a stay to anyone looking for an intimate and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 5. It was the corner room on the second floor (Stairs are involved). I loved it...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Lori B, Guest Relations Manager at Forsyth Park Inn, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
We are happy to hear you had a great stay at the inn. Glad you loved Room #5; it's one of our favorites too! Thank you for your kind review of the inn. We are most happy to know you enjoyed the staff; we strive to be very informative during our check-in process. We love letting our guests know about many place to dine, see, and shop. Hope we have another opportunity to host you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We found the Inn to be clean , the staff friendly, the food good. We did have a bad experience. My husband and I took my older sister and her husband to Savannah to celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary. We paid for everything, so when money became missing from their room we knew they did not spend it. While we are not accusing anyone, this really upset all of us. Just a word to the wise, never leave your billfold in your room even while you are eating breakfast.

Room Tip: don't stay on the street side. noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NormaOverton
Lori B, Owner at Forsyth Park Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Mrs. Overton,
I'm so sorry that you still feel that happened at our inn. As we talked about when I met with you and your sister, my niece, our assistant innkeeper was at the front desk overseeing breakfast, I had a breakfast server delivering plates and I was cooking. There was no one here that would have had keys to enter your room during your breakfast service. We tried to retrace where you may have gone the day and evening before too. I am thankful you had a nice time here as you stated this was your very favorite inn of all the inns you've stayed at in Savannah. Again, I'm sorry your sister had her money missing especially since a 65th anniversary is such a joyous occasion to celebrate.
acworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I would highly recommend Forsyth Park Inn. The cottage was private and cozy. And the breakfast, appetizers and desserts were wonderful. We also loved staying across from Forsyth park. It was a great place to walk, and we really enjoyed the Saturday morning farmers market.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Johnstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed in their cottage for one night. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly, received a tour of the Bed and Breakfast main areas, then shown to our cottage. We arrived at 5:00 pm and immediately caught a shuttle outside the front doors taking us to the trolleys for a tour. Upon returning appetizers were provided for a couple of hours followed by desserts that were available through the night. Everyone was helpful, friendly and willing to take the time to talk to us about the B&Bs architecture and history. The cottage was set off an isolated garden area behind the house. It has a living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom as well as small front porch. The cottage was clean, roomy and well decorated. We had a delicious breakfast on the front veranda before leaving on another trolley tour. The B&B assistant (niece of the owner) was always offering assistance and made the arrangements for trolley pickup on both days. The B&B faces Forsyth Park in a nice historic area. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: If you are staying multiple days, the cottage is perfect with its stove, coffee pot, refrigerator, f...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lori B, General Manager at Forsyth Park Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
We were delighted to have you as our guest. Thank You!
Safety Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

The rooms were spacious, inviting and comfortable. The period furniture only added to the elegance of the inn. Breakfast was delicious and the staff was extremely accommodating. Dwayne, our concierge, provided outstanding service, well above and beyond our expectations. The Forsyth Park Inn is well located; close enough to downtown Savannah yet in a slightly quieter area directly across from Forsyth Park, providing great views particularly from the large covered porch area. The Forsyth Park Inn provides southern charm and hospitality of an age long gone. We were three couples and each of us would stay there again and highly recommend it to everyone who is considering a visiting Savannah.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Forsyth Park have the best views.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

This was my first visit to Savannah and my first stay at a Bed & Breakfast, and I was a little nervous as I did not do a whole lot of research for places to stay. Rather, I selected a Groupon package as I was planning a birthday weekend for my boyfriend, and I basically hoped for the best. I could not have been more happy with my stay, and as I told Dwayne at check-out, I will be back. The Inn is located within about a mile of anywhere you would like to go in the Historic District (which is just far enough from the hectic tourist areas), and it is immediately adjacent to Forsyth Park. As you have breakfast on the porch in the morning, you can watch joggers and people walking their dogs around the park---very charming. The room we had was spacious and had the same amenities and more than you would find at a regular hotel (i.e., bathrobes), but you would not receive the same fantastic service or have the experience of staying in an historic mansion.

Room Tip: If you have a preference for showers versus bath tubs, you will want to select your room accordingly...
Cumming, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Check in was easy and Dwayne at the front desk was absolutely charming and so friendly as were the other staff members. The room was immaculate and the best comfy. We faced Forsyth Park and the views were spectacular! Convenient to all of downtown and parking on the street was easy and simply and there was plenty of it. The breakfasts were THE BEST we've ever had and we've stayed at a lot of B&B's. Would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Loved room #9! Great views.