“True Southern Comfort! :) :) :) :) from 4 sister's”
Review of Forsyth Park Inn

Forsyth Park Inn
Ranked #9 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
forsyth park inn
“True Southern Comfort! :) :) :) :) from 4 sister's”
Reviewed 28 June 2007

To anyone who is going to Savannah, Georgia!!! My 4 sister's and I planned a trip to Savannah. We stayed at the Forsyth Park Inn Bed & Breakfast on Whitaker & Hall Street, across the street from Forsyth Park! This inn is truly beautiful and it is everything you could imagine a southern mansion to be! You are greeted by a very polite and helpful staff who are very accommodating and friendly,Especially, Jerry, Fred, Earl, Mary and Everyone who's name I've forgotten :( . Our room was beautiful with at least 18 ft. high ceilings a fireplace, whirlpool bath, beautiful hardwood floors with an amazing pattern in the woodwork. The room also looks out to Forsyth Park across the street. Out front through the parlor you may sit on the veranda in rocking chairs if you wish watching the breeze blow through the Spanish Moss laden Oak Trees at Forsyth Park, you can also see the fountain from the B&B. Every morning you receive an amazing breakfast! We were never disappointed! The food was so delicious! A different meal every morning served by an amazing staff. The parlor always has ice water ready as well as sweet tea! The staff has coffee ready by 7a.m. but we ate at the 9am sitting. At 6ish there is a sitting on the veranda where you may have wine and a different snack like french breads and vidalia onion spreads things like that all very tasty. And at 8.30 there is a dessert out in the parlor. The place is amazing!!! The courtyard is so pretty with an amazing tree covered in moss, with a beautiful fountain/pond with gold fish. I can't wait ti return and I don't think anyone could persuade any of us (my sister's) to stay any where else. The Inn Keeper is Lori Blass and she was very nice. I first heard about the inn by watching the Travel Channel and saw a haunted hotels show and the B&B was one of the stories. There is suppose to be a resident spirit named "Lottie" and you may sense her. One of my sister's and myself both had a foot tickling experience and I had my foot wiggled while in bed but nothing scary happened. We also caught "orbs" in a couple of our pictures of the room (#3) but we were not frightened by any of it. So, if you stay in Savannah stay there you won't regret it!!! Lori and her staff are great!! Also, the hotel will give you ideas on tours,restaurants, etc. if you ask but they don't tell you about Earl's walking tour. He works at the B&B and he is a local guy who has a great tour!! So ask Earl to give you his tour you won't be sorry. I don't have my photo's on a disc yet I will post again when I do . Have Fun!! Christine one of the sister's!! :)

6 Thank sweettea07_7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Tampa
Reviewed 20 May 2007

My husband and our very best friends spent 4 days in Savannah at the Forsyth Park Inn. It was absolutely beautiful. Overlooking a gorgeous park called the Forsyth Park. Full goument breakfast each morning on the veranda overlooking the park. Wine and appetizers from 6:00-7:00 each night. Desserts, coffee and tea each evening at 8:30. The staff was very courtesy and the Inkeeper Lori Blass was very friendly. The room we stayed in was Colonial with a sitting room overlooking the park. Our friends room was a Garden room overlooking a beautiful pond. Savannah is a romantic and historic town with wonderful resturants. We definitely will stay at the Forsyth Park Inn again.

• Liked — Lovely room and very clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Frangie
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 May 2007

While the B&B is a beautiful old home, we were disappointed with the reception that we received by the front staff for the duration of our stay. There was no "southern hospitality" except for the breakfast crew. Staff never introduced themselves to us, and to them, we were a number. We were frequently referred to by our room number.

Additionally, it did not appear as though the rooms and bathroom were cleaned regularly. There were large amounts of dust on the lamp shades, under the dresser, along all dustboards and the doors. Additionally, the bathroom had beadboard along the wall, which reflected how dirty the crevices were. Crumbs were also visible throughout the room.

Finally, the shower head needed to be replaced 25 years ago.

On a positive note, the B&B was well-located, easily accessed from the highway, and breakfast was pretty good.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness and southern hospitality
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank highest_expectations
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 16 May 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Forsyth Park Inn in May 2007 on our first trip to Savannah. We both had a great time and would definitely stay there again if we go back.

We had room 4, which was on the first floor overlooking the courtyard. The room was huge (which is not obvious if you look at their website), with a nice-sized bathroom, entryway, large bedroom, and small sitting room. We loved that we had space to spread out. The room was quiet because it overlooked the courtyard rather than the street.

The service at the Inn was also outstanding. Although most of the staff were fairly young, they were friendly and able to answer all of our questions. We also appreciated the turn-down service we received every night. We weren't expecting that!

Finally, the food. This is one of the most important things about a B&B, in my opinion. The breakfasts were awesome--I loved everything that I ate! I enjoyed eating on the porch overlooking the park, but I have to admit that the meals did feel a tiny bit rushed. (Mostly because they get your food to you very quickly after you sit down.) I also enjoyed the desserts that they provided in the evenings. I didn't have any of the appetizers, but my husband thought they were good.

I would definitely recommend this Inn, room 4 in particular, and would stay there again if I return to Savannah.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — The location--was in a good neighborhood, but a bit of a walk to most things
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunwise
Wadsworth, Illinois
Reviewed 6 May 2007

Just returned from a Mother-Daughter trip to Savannah. Stayed at Forsyth Park Inn for 4 nights. We could not recommend a better place to stay. Lori and her staff are top notch and helped make their guests' visit something special! We stayed in Room 3, and it was simply beautiful! The entire house is restored beautifully. We thoroughly enjoyed our daily breakfast, afternoon hors doeuvres and wine, and evening desert with tea and coffee . Each offering was simply outstanding. The Inn is situated across the street from the Forsyth Park Inn. Nestled in a neighborhood with grand homes. This was a nice relief from coming back from the center of the Downtown area, which is under heavy reconstruction and traffic tieups. It was so nice to come back to the Inn for peace and quiet and the warmth of the hosts and other guests. I would highly recommend this inn and plan to come back again.

• Liked — Beautiful Home in a wonderful area
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Ipaws4fun
NYC
Reviewed 1 May 2007

We stayed at the Forsyth Inn in late April and had a wonderful stay. Our room was beautiful and clean. It faced the courtyard so it was very quiet. The staff were extremely kind and helpful. The location is perfect, very convenient. We particularly enjoyed the peaceful porch. Breakfast is good but heavy. Overall we were very happy with this experience and would gladly return.

• Stayed April 2007
2 Thank Lizlemmon
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2007

My husband and I stayed at this Inn April 7th for one night.
The purpose of this trip was just to relax and spend one day in Savannah then drive out to Tybee Island.
Whe booked the Cottage which is not attached to the main house
and the entry is through the courtyard.
I can't speak for the rooms in the house but the cottage was perfect. It had a bedroom, seperate living room and small kitchen. Bathroom was fine and water pressure was great.
The cottage also has a small porch. Since it's in the courtyard it overlooks the trees and fountain which are very pretty.
We wanted quiet and that's exactly what the cottage provided.
Couldn't here anyone at all.
The Inn is also in the perfect location right accross from Forsyth Park and you can pretty much walk to anywhere in the historic distict (if you enjoy long walks that is).
The breakfast is served in the main house in their living room. I don't believe we were given a choice but rather served a small fruit salad (was good) and scrambled eggs with asparagus over a flaky biscuit which was delicious.
Smoking is not allowed in the house or cottage but you can smoke in the courtyard which also has a few tables and chairs.
The Inn also offers wine and hors d'oeuvres in the late afternoon and desserts in the evening- neither of which I can comment on since we weren't there for either.
The staff was very accomodating and provided a map of Savannah as well as the best routes, restaurants, bars and such.
Day of check-out we needed driving directions to our next B&B on Tybee Island and the lady spent a good deal of time checking mapquest, printing it out and giving us a quickler alternate route.
All in all i'd recommend this Inn as well as the Cottage and if coming back to Savannah would stay here again.

• Liked — Cottage
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple