“Not returning....” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Not returning....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2007

Hotel was not kid-friendly. Staff was a mix - kitchen staff was great, front desk person sent us on a "wild goose walk" to find a restaurant that was 10 blocks away...not j"ust around the corner".
Hotel is WAY too far from the river and City Market - a real hassle. Bring comfortable shoes because you'll be walking ALOT. Food was good. However, the porch area for breakfast was over-crowded and they did not keep to the scheduled breakfast time slots, so we had to wait 15 minutes in their small parlor while others who lingered over their allotted hour finished. When we got on the porch, the LOUD cars whizzing by on the bust road it is on were quite a distraction. Not worth the money. Stay at a place closer to the action.

Stayed August 2007
17 Thank TravelMasterGreg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
forsyth park inn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2007

My sister's and I stayed at the Forsyth Park Inn, May7-11 07. We had so much fun in Savannah, But it would not have been the same if we did not stay here. It is the definition of southern comfort. The mansion is so beautiful and the B&B staff were very nice and helpful1 There was one individual who worked there was a bit abrupt and at times she seemed put out by any asked of her and I think she knows who she is. Not Mary,or Corinne, or the women who care for the home. Jerry, Fred, Earl and everyone are great!!!! Lori the inn keeper is very nice also. The inn is so pretty! High ceilings in the rooms. #3 is where we stayed it has a view of Forsyth Park and 2 , 4poster beds there is a fireplace, whirlpool bath the hardwood floors are so beautifully inlaid wood pattern is so pretty. The parlor is the entry way to the veranda where you may sit and watch the park and moss laden oak trees in the warm southern breezes blowing through them. In the parlor there is always ice water , sweet tea and you walk through a window/door to the veranda to the rocking chairs. The backside of theB&B is the courtyard and a beautiful fountain/pond with goldfish swimming in it. you look above you into a tree covered in spanish moss! I heard about the B&B on the Travel Channel Haunted Hotels. The only experience we had was afoot tickling myself and one of my other sister's. But it did not scare us. It is a very peaceful and happy place to stay . I could not be persuaded to stay any where else! The breakfasts are amazing and there is an evening sitting with wine and goodies and an late night dessert at 8:30. Every thing is amazing. And like I mentioned earlier 99% of the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful and gave great recommendations for restaurants, tours etc.. except they do not mentions Earl's walking tour. Earl works at the B&B and he is a local native who knows it all!! I am writing this on my own volition I hope when you are there you take his walking tour. I can't wait to return to stay in room 3 :) Thank You Lori, Jerry, Fred, Earl, Mary the ladies that work with Mary, Corinne? and Nathan. and the kitties Sadie and Misty? what fun!!!!!! WE will be back !! Christine and the sisters.

• Liked — location, home, southern comfort
  • Disliked — jennifer
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
8 Thank sweettea07_7
forsyth park inn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2007

To anyone who is going to Savannah, Georgia!!! My 4 sister's and I planned a trip to Savannah. We stayed at the Forsyth Park Inn Bed & Breakfast on Whitaker & Hall Street, across the street from Forsyth Park! This inn is truly beautiful and it is everything you could imagine a southern mansion to be! You are greeted by a very polite and helpful staff who are very accommodating and friendly,Especially, Jerry, Fred, Earl, Mary and Everyone who's name I've forgotten :( . Our room was beautiful with at least 18 ft. high ceilings a fireplace, whirlpool bath, beautiful hardwood floors with an amazing pattern in the woodwork. The room also looks out to Forsyth Park across the street. Out front through the parlor you may sit on the veranda in rocking chairs if you wish watching the breeze blow through the Spanish Moss laden Oak Trees at Forsyth Park, you can also see the fountain from the B&B. Every morning you receive an amazing breakfast! We were never disappointed! The food was so delicious! A different meal every morning served by an amazing staff. The parlor always has ice water ready as well as sweet tea! The staff has coffee ready by 7a.m. but we ate at the 9am sitting. At 6ish there is a sitting on the veranda where you may have wine and a different snack like french breads and vidalia onion spreads things like that all very tasty. And at 8.30 there is a dessert out in the parlor. The place is amazing!!! The courtyard is so pretty with an amazing tree covered in moss, with a beautiful fountain/pond with gold fish. I can't wait ti return and I don't think anyone could persuade any of us (my sister's) to stay any where else. The Inn Keeper is Lori Blass and she was very nice. I first heard about the inn by watching the Travel Channel and saw a haunted hotels show and the B&B was one of the stories. There is suppose to be a resident spirit named "Lottie" and you may sense her. One of my sister's and myself both had a foot tickling experience and I had my foot wiggled while in bed but nothing scary happened. We also caught "orbs" in a couple of our pictures of the room (#3) but we were not frightened by any of it. So, if you stay in Savannah stay there you won't regret it!!! Lori and her staff are great!! Also, the hotel will give you ideas on tours,restaurants, etc. if you ask but they don't tell you about Earl's walking tour. He works at the B&B and he is a local guy who has a great tour!! So ask Earl to give you his tour you won't be sorry. I don't have my photo's on a disc yet I will post again when I do . Have Fun!! Christine one of the sister's!! :)

6 Thank sweettea07_7
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2007

My husband and our very best friends spent 4 days in Savannah at the Forsyth Park Inn. It was absolutely beautiful. Overlooking a gorgeous park called the Forsyth Park. Full goument breakfast each morning on the veranda overlooking the park. Wine and appetizers from 6:00-7:00 each night. Desserts, coffee and tea each evening at 8:30. The staff was very courtesy and the Inkeeper Lori Blass was very friendly. The room we stayed in was Colonial with a sitting room overlooking the park. Our friends room was a Garden room overlooking a beautiful pond. Savannah is a romantic and historic town with wonderful resturants. We definitely will stay at the Forsyth Park Inn again.

• Liked — Lovely room and very clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Frangie
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2007

While the B&B is a beautiful old home, we were disappointed with the reception that we received by the front staff for the duration of our stay. There was no "southern hospitality" except for the breakfast crew. Staff never introduced themselves to us, and to them, we were a number. We were frequently referred to by our room number.

Additionally, it did not appear as though the rooms and bathroom were cleaned regularly. There were large amounts of dust on the lamp shades, under the dresser, along all dustboards and the doors. Additionally, the bathroom had beadboard along the wall, which reflected how dirty the crevices were. Crumbs were also visible throughout the room.

Finally, the shower head needed to be replaced 25 years ago.

On a positive note, the B&B was well-located, easily accessed from the highway, and breakfast was pretty good.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness and southern hospitality
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank highest_expectations
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Forsyth Park Inn in May 2007 on our first trip to Savannah. We both had a great time and would definitely stay there again if we go back.

We had room 4, which was on the first floor overlooking the courtyard. The room was huge (which is not obvious if you look at their website), with a nice-sized bathroom, entryway, large bedroom, and small sitting room. We loved that we had space to spread out. The room was quiet because it overlooked the courtyard rather than the street.

The service at the Inn was also outstanding. Although most of the staff were fairly young, they were friendly and able to answer all of our questions. We also appreciated the turn-down service we received every night. We weren't expecting that!

Finally, the food. This is one of the most important things about a B&B, in my opinion. The breakfasts were awesome--I loved everything that I ate! I enjoyed eating on the porch overlooking the park, but I have to admit that the meals did feel a tiny bit rushed. (Mostly because they get your food to you very quickly after you sit down.) I also enjoyed the desserts that they provided in the evenings. I didn't have any of the appetizers, but my husband thought they were good.

I would definitely recommend this Inn, room 4 in particular, and would stay there again if I return to Savannah.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — The location--was in a good neighborhood, but a bit of a walk to most things
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sunwise
Wadsworth, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2007

Just returned from a Mother-Daughter trip to Savannah. Stayed at Forsyth Park Inn for 4 nights. We could not recommend a better place to stay. Lori and her staff are top notch and helped make their guests' visit something special! We stayed in Room 3, and it was simply beautiful! The entire house is restored beautifully. We thoroughly enjoyed our daily breakfast, afternoon hors doeuvres and wine, and evening desert with tea and coffee . Each offering was simply outstanding. The Inn is situated across the street from the Forsyth Park Inn. Nestled in a neighborhood with grand homes. This was a nice relief from coming back from the center of the Downtown area, which is under heavy reconstruction and traffic tieups. It was so nice to come back to the Inn for peace and quiet and the warmth of the hosts and other guests. I would highly recommend this inn and plan to come back again.

• Liked — Beautiful Home in a wonderful area
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family