“Absolutely Disgusting! Dont Stay Here.”
Review of America's Best Inn

America's Best Inn
Ranked #99 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Miller Place, New York
“Absolutely Disgusting! Dont Stay Here.”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stains on the sheets. Burn marks on the furniture. Mold in bathrooms. I seen three rooms: one worse than the next.

Room Tip: Go La Quinta.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Bed was too soft and mattress sloped to center, carpet dirty, tub discolored (couldn't tell if dirty or stained), blanket threadbare and had bleach stains, spread stained, door did not fit in frame so could see daylight all around it, no facial tissue. Small refrigerator in corner of room with small microwave on top. Fridge still had energy stickers on it. Have no idea why someone wouldn't have removed those. Fridge was not turned on so even if we had food to put in it, it would have been hours before it was cooled off enough to hold food safely. First thing, we had to ask for toilet paper. Two of the three dresser drawers were FULL of trash! Empty wine bottle, beer and soda cans, clothes, styrofoam food container and just trash! Can't imagine how long they had been like that but someone certainly didn't check. Sorry, but about the nicest thing I can say about this place is that it didn't smell. Many other options in area, so avoid this place if you can.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2012

While the ABVI in Savannah was not the WORST hotel we ever stayed at, I cannot say it was anywhere near the best, either. My wife and I stayed there for 5 days during the first week of June. My first impression when we arrived at 2:30 in the afternoon was an empty parking lot and no one to be found at the front desk. I have NEVER had this happen when staying at a motel. Finally, the owner's wife (who also served as one of the cleaning crew), showed up--she originally could not find our reservation--and gave us our room.

Upon entering the room, we noticed the cover to the smoke detector was on the bed, there was a hole in the comforter, the refrigerator was unplugged, and the electrical outlets next to the bathroom sink did not work. The breakfast area was not well maintained, either. There were too many requests we had to make, and while the owner and staff did respond to many of them, the whole experience made our time in Savannah less than what it should have been.

There are too many other hotels (some of which we have stayed at) in Savannah to recommend this one, even if I am a Value Club member. Sorry.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Orton, Ontario
Reviewed 12 September 2011

In the past we have had very nice stays in Americas Best Value Inns - this was not one of them. I had booked 2 nights stays ahead of time, based on the write up and past experience, so that is why we stayed here and did not change hotels. I agree with kellierae that this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The head board was damaged, there was a huge hole in the side of the mattress, the light switch plates were worn and badly marked, there was mold in the shower, it needed painting and caulking done, no tissues and none available at the desk and we had to ask for towels etc., etc. The breakfast was a joke - packaged muffins, cardboard bagels, coffee, orange juice and that was it. So when all is said and done this stay has now turned me off Americas Best Value Inns and I will never book ahead with out seeing it first. Too bad because others were good value for your dollar. Bottom line - don't stay here unless they do a major make over.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
valdosta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 23 May 2011

The woman at the desk took forever to sign us in. Once we finally got to the room it was musty and looked as thought it hadn't been updated in 20 years. The mattresses were so worn out they didn't even come up as high as the head board. We left to go to the wedding and upon I noticed the room smelled of urine. Luckily we only had to stay one night. The morning of checkout I was using the restroom, my husband had left with my daughter to go to the store. The bathroom door wasn't completely shut, I didn't think anything of it since I was alone. When I looked up, the owner was spying through a small gap between the curtains and watching me use the restroom. Nasty pervert. Then when we checked out the owners family ignored my husband in their living quarters behind the office for almost 15 minutes before responding to him trying to get their attention so that he could check out. He knew they could hear him because he could hear them so clearly. This place is terrible. Do NOT stay here. Ever. I have bites all over me from bed bugs i'm assuming.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 December 2010

My son and I was on a road trip. We had not planned to make this stop but I was too tired to continue driving for the night. This is about 4am and was just going to sleep a few hours. We was not there more than 20 mins when the roaches started crawling all over the place. I went back to the front desk and demanded a refund to no avail. This is one of the most disgusting places I have ever stopped at. I am a Truck Driver so I have stayed a some cheap motels before but this takes the cake.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ugotstobekidding
abvisavannahga, Owner at America's Best Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
Dear Traveler,

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price.

Our pest control company comes and sprays once a month and we have not had a problem in a long time. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Thanks again for your comments,

The management
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We held the room on a bank credit/debit card and paid cash when we got there. A month later they ran a debit on our bank card for the full amount. When I called I kept getting the run around. The manager would be back at 4pm, then I was told he'd be back at 5 pm, then 8 pm.

The free internet was not thru the hotel, and it was so slow it wasn't worth trying to log on.

There was hair in the sink and tub when we checked in.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

We did in fact return the money back to your card - yes, we made a mistake. Regarding the internet, if you had let us know you were having a problem, we would have been happy to help.

We hope you will give us another try and stay with us again in the near future.

Thanks,