First of all, my family and I actually never got to stay in this hotel. I booked our room two weeks prior to my graduation ceremony. I called to check about the motel's late check-in policy and I was assured that as long as I called before 6pm and let them know I was still coming, my room would still be available to me. My family and I drove six hours to get to Savannah and arrived around 11:50pm. I had called twice the same day to ensure them I would still be there, but it would be later seeing as how I was driving from so far away. When we were close by, I called again to ensure them that I was probably five minutes away and I was still coming. The front desk worker said he would be waiting. As soon as we arrived at this motel and went in to check in, the front desk worker told us that there were no rooms available to us. I showed him the printed papers I had brought with me confirming my reservation, and he still refused to give us a room. I explained to him that we had just driven six hours to get here and of course we were so tired we could barely function. This worker gave us no explanation.. NOTHING. He only said that most of the other hotels in the area are probably booked, but we could try an Econo lodge up the road. I couldn't believe it, but I was willing to try to find some place else seeing as how we were so exhausted from the drive and the neighborhood that this Motel 6 is located was not the best!
We finally found another room (after being turned away from many because they were fully booked) at a different hotel, which ended up costing us much more, and come to find out, Motel 6 charged my credit card for the room we had not even stayed in! I called first thing when I had found out my credit card had been charged and was assured that there wasn't anything I could do about it, that I would not get a refund. I asked to speak to the General Manager and of course, these people are NEVER available. Apparently, the GM "just steps out for the day"... several times a day! He was supposed to return our phone calls after calling at least three or four times a day for four days straight to settle the issue. Never spoke to him.. not even once. We ended up having to contact corporate to file a report. The GM still didn't contact us.. one of the front desk workers called us to tell us that our money would be refunded. I can't rate the rooms, but I can say that the service in this motel 6 is awful.. however, I gave it two stars because the female worker that we spoke with several times seemed to have some compassion over the situation and we did get our refund, but only after SO much headache!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Motel 6 is located 4.9 miles from Savannah's famous Historic District. Our guests will find many fabulous restaurants and tons of shopping within minutes. Visit City Market or Memorial Stadium. Enjoy free WiFi in all modern guest rooms . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Savannah Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Savannah - Midtown Hotel Savannah
- Hampton Inn Savannah Midtown
- Red Roof Inn Midtown
- Savannah Hampton Inn