“POOR Service!!”

Ranked #100 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Mount Pleasant, North Carolina
“POOR Service!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

First of all, my family and I actually never got to stay in this hotel. I booked our room two weeks prior to my graduation ceremony. I called to check about the motel's late check-in policy and I was assured that as long as I called before 6pm and let them know I was still coming, my room would still be available to me. My family and I drove six hours to get to Savannah and arrived around 11:50pm. I had called twice the same day to ensure them I would still be there, but it would be later seeing as how I was driving from so far away. When we were close by, I called again to ensure them that I was probably five minutes away and I was still coming. The front desk worker said he would be waiting. As soon as we arrived at this motel and went in to check in, the front desk worker told us that there were no rooms available to us. I showed him the printed papers I had brought with me confirming my reservation, and he still refused to give us a room. I explained to him that we had just driven six hours to get here and of course we were so tired we could barely function. This worker gave us no explanation.. NOTHING. He only said that most of the other hotels in the area are probably booked, but we could try an Econo lodge up the road. I couldn't believe it, but I was willing to try to find some place else seeing as how we were so exhausted from the drive and the neighborhood that this Motel 6 is located was not the best!
We finally found another room (after being turned away from many because they were fully booked) at a different hotel, which ended up costing us much more, and come to find out, Motel 6 charged my credit card for the room we had not even stayed in! I called first thing when I had found out my credit card had been charged and was assured that there wasn't anything I could do about it, that I would not get a refund. I asked to speak to the General Manager and of course, these people are NEVER available. Apparently, the GM "just steps out for the day"... several times a day! He was supposed to return our phone calls after calling at least three or four times a day for four days straight to settle the issue. Never spoke to him.. not even once. We ended up having to contact corporate to file a report. The GM still didn't contact us.. one of the front desk workers called us to tell us that our money would be refunded. I can't rate the rooms, but I can say that the service in this motel 6 is awful.. however, I gave it two stars because the female worker that we spoke with several times seemed to have some compassion over the situation and we did get our refund, but only after SO much headache!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank melnshn0321
John B, General Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear melnshn0321,

The Guest Relations Department of G6 Hospitality informed us of your concerns regarding our Motel 6 property in Savannah, GA. They have requested that we conduct all necessary research with those involved and provide you with a resolution.

Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals in this instance. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again at Motel 6 when your travel plans require a night's lodging.

Very truly yours,

John Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Honestly, for $35 a night if just need a place to sleep it's not bad. Rooms are small and bare but it was clean and very quiet. Perfect place to stop if you are driving from Florida to North Carolina and you just need to sleep.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Jeanette G,

Very truly yours,

John Brown
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I enjoyed staying at Motel 6. Room 249 was the best clean room I ever been in since I've been coming to Savannah. I have been in many other rooms but not like 249 .. bed made right , clean bathroom and smell so GOOD. So if I suggest stay in the rooms upstairs closer to the pool. New work Housekeeper

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Tinka45
Reviewed 21 April 2014

As I was checking in, water began pouring from the ceiling on the lobby area and the staff had to go find a bucket to catch the dripping water. They would only take cash as, supposedly, their credit machine was out of order. When I questioned this, the staff smiled slyly and said all they could take was cash. The manager came out of a back room and, in the middle of my registering, began to question the staff member, asking, "is there anything you want to tell me? Are you sure?"
The rooms were just as bad: dirty floors, one of our rooms was missing a refrigerator and microwave. The other was missing a microwave and didn't even have a trash can or table/chair in it!
All in all, an unpleasant experience. We will stay elsewhere for the remainder of the week.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Specedt1

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Had a big event got there at 3. Could not check in u ntill 4. When we finally got checked in and went to our roo the water was leaking out the ceiling from the room above. Had been leaking long enough to create mold. Request a refund and was gave another room. Had to leave for the event and have not been able to check the status of the second room. Also the neighbor/atmosphere is very undesirable.

• Stayed April 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Tried 2 different rooms, neither was clean. The night manager refused to assist us further so the easiest solution was to drive home. Earlier, We checked in, put our belongings down and tried to use the bathroom before heading to dinner. The light in the bathroom was out and it was not until later we realized they couldn't have cleaned the bathroom in the dark. That along with the bugs, stains, broken furniture was too much for us.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here because:
1- they allow pets
2- the price was lowest
3- next to Interstate 95
4- it 2/3rd way to Cocoa Beach Fl.
5- the desk clerk was accommodating
****** This place is not the 4 seasons or comfort inn*****
It was a needed overnight layover . It met our needs

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family