“Overall not bad for what we paid.”

Quality Inn Midtown
Ranked #58 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Brooksville, Florida, United States
“Overall not bad for what we paid.”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

I booked this motel about 1 month prior to coming to Savannah based on reviews and pictures from the website. We arrived on a Wednesday, July 3 around 2:30 and the place was empty. I was a little concerned, but went inside to check in. We were given a 2nd floor room on the back side (she called it the quiet side). The room was not bad. Everything looked clean. There was a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. (It would have been nice to have directions with the coffee maker to know it did not need a pot but brewed right into a cup.)

The bed was very comfortable. Definitely has a pillow top and made for a good nights sleep.

We stayed 3 nights. Each morning we went to their breakfast. The first day it was not bad. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and waffles along with other items. However the 2nd day the line was out the door and down the hall. It was due to everyone wanting to make waffles. It would be a good idea to move the waffle maker away from the other foods so people aren't standing in line for something they don't want. We did not even bother to eat breakfast on our last day because the line was so long.

Overall, the stay was ok. And Thursday morning when we left to go downtown the parking lot was full. Stayed that way for the rest of our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay at the Quality Inn Midtown!

Our Free Hot Breakfast IS rather popular (especially the waffles), but I will talk with the staff to see if there's a way to optimize our layout to minimize the line out the door.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, and we hope you had a great July 4th in Savannah, GA!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Czech first
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We were given a "remodeled room". It had a flat screen tv as some of the others apparently don't. Here is the truth of this hotel: peeling paint around the doorframe to the room, patched holes in the wall that had not been painted, toilet tank cover that was too small and you could see in the tank, dirty fixtures, hanging hardware, cock-eyed curtains, dirty carpet, trash cans over flowing on the premises. Pawn shops and check cashing stores on 3 corners, "fountain" on the grounds abandoned, toilet overflowed. DO NOT BOOK HERE and by all means RUN FROM EXPEDIA they pulled a BAIT AND SWITCH on us. We paid for a 3 star hotel and they gave us this dump and have refused to refund our money!

Room Tip: There is a dive of a night club on one side of this dump. Avoid it...but better yet, just avoid the...
1 Thank SeaLoverRaleigh
harshil P, General Manager at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
I'm sorry you had a bad experience at our 3 Star hotel.

I personally inspected the room after receiving a call from Expedia, and we agree that there are a few areas that were not up to our standards. Sorry about that. We have put our maintenance team to work on fixing the problems (The same maintenance team that took care of your toilet overflow 9pm on a Friday night). We have agreed to a partial refund with Expedia because of this. You may want to follow up with them regarding this.

Why was it not a full refund?? If you found the room to be unsatisfactory, we would have appreciated you bringing it to our attention immediately so we could have assigned you a different room, or even checked you out immediately and given you a full refund. You clearly hated the room so much you stayed two nights.

We understand our "dive of a night club" may not be your thing. It's been ranked as one of the Top 10 Dance Clubs in Savannah ( http://www.10best.com/destinations/georgia/savannah/midtown/nightlife/doubles-nightclub/ )!! But we understand that's not for everyone...

Regarding your concerns about our neighborhood, there are "Pawn Shops" BLOCKS away, and the only "Check cashing stores" to my knowledge are the Wells Fargo, Suntrust, Bank of America or perhaps the service desk at the nearby Kroger.

Yes, we do have a fountain that is temporarily out of service. I'm sorry if that ruined your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Found this hotel last minute on a Friday night in Savannah. Asked to see the room before we paid and had no problems at all. Room was clean and beds were great. There was more than enough hot water for 4 to take showers. The pool was very nice and clean and the hot breakfast bar was pretty good-for a breakfast bar. The owner at the desk on Saturday morning helping with checkout and was very nice. He said they have owned the property for about 6 months and are almost through with the remodeling of the entire property. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
harshil P, General Manager at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you Melissa!!

We're glad you and your family enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you all next time you visit Savannah!
Circleville, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was taking my daughter to school and had a car chock-full of personal property for her dorm. I was worried about leaving the car in the lot overnight but it was untouched and safe. The hot breakfast was tasty and a good start to the next day's travel. I didn't turn on the TV but the wi-fi worked fine. Good value for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
We're thrilled that we could exceed your expectations!

The fact that you are recommending us to your friends is the highest compliment you could give us.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay! Come back and see us soon!
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I booked the hotel because the workshop I was attending was being held there. It was easy to find and centrally located. I was warmly welcomed and offered a renovated room which looked new. The only evidence of renovation ongoing was work trucks in the parking lot; I heard no noise. The workshop space was adequate and the staff helpful. Breakfast was hot and the rolls delicious. I found the nightclub to be a welcome surprise and a fun place to hang out after a long day. I had a wonderful time, am recommending it to friends coming up soon and hope to return myself in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GayH32608
harshil P, General Manager at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay!! We're glad to have exceeded your expectations!

The greatest compliment you can give us is recommending us to your friends! We look forward to your return to Savannah!
Charleston
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stay in Savannah alot, but have never stayed here. The website looked great, but reality set in when I checked in. At first my room looked nice, but upon further review I found out differently. The T.V only had 4 channels available, everything else was snow, I called front desk and they said a Maint. Tech. would be there in a few minutes to help me....20 minutes later I called and said never mind. The shower ceiling was peeling and there were cracks in the paint. The ironing board has rust all over the legs and there is a rumbling noise coming from the a/c. I stay in ALOT of hotels and this is not impressive, especially being so close to downtown Savannah. Epic FAIL!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cam442
I'm sorry you had a disappointing stay in our hotel. I understand your frustration after not getting resolution on your first call to the front desk. We would definitely have liked the opportunity to offer you a different room to make your stay more enjoyable.

I would like to know a little more about your stay so we can correct these problems for future guests!! If you have a moment, please contact Sam Diamond, our new Director of Sales. He would be very interested in discussing this with you further.

We've been working for the last year to fix up the hotel, and clearly a few details have gotten past us. Thanks for your honesty!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I came down for the day because it was our anniversary. The room was very impressive especially the king size bed. The location was great for the things we had planned. I would recommend this motel to my friends that visit Savannah quite often. The continental breakfast was great.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much!! We're glad you enjoyed your stay!! Have you made your reservation for next year's anniversary yet??