“This Quality Inn is not Quality at all”

Quality Inn Midtown
Ranked #58 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“This Quality Inn is not Quality at all”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This Quality Inn should be taken off of the Choice List. They are not concerned with their customers only filling rooms. We had a refrigerator truck parked right outside our room running for hours and would run all night. It was our 3rd night of a week booked. The clerk on duty that night Sana Badel did nothing but tell us one story after another how she didn't know who owned the truck to she talked to them and will move it. Nothing happened. After going back and forth with her for 5 hours trying to get the truck moved to another area she told us we could change rooms. My boyfriend is handicapped and it was pouring outside and this truck driver was staying one night we were staying 7 and her solution was to tell us to pack up and change rooms or we could call the police if we wanted to then she hung up on us. Eventually by 11 that night after 5 hours of trying to get this taken care of the security guard got the driver up and awake and move his truck which didnt move for at least another half an hour This is the service you get. We asked for the manager and were never given him. We talked to him in the morning and he didn't see a problem with what they did. The manager Harshil Patel would only say we have 110 rooms and we were trying to find the right person. And in the next breath said he stays here every week. So they knew who it was the whole time and just didn't want to ask him to move his truck. They rather have a handicapped person pack everything up on their third night there and move rooms in the rain then to disturb a driver staying one night to move his truck. And after an hour of arguing with the manager about doing his job for 5 hours and being rudely hung up on by his staff he still said they did everything they could and they didn't owe us anything. Finally he offered to take the one night off and "speak" to the night clerk. Whatever you do avoid this Quality Inn because if you stay and have any kind of issue this is the service they offer.

• Stayed June 2014
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear it was a bad experience.

While I cannot defend rude behavior by the front desk staff toward ANY guest, based on the "talk" I overheard the next morning between you and the General Manager, I can see where she got rattled after repeated phone calls seeking resolution.

I don't know why it took 5 hours to reach the driver of the truck in response to your initial complaint. In the meantime we offered to change your room to accommodate you, and that was not an acceptable resolution.

I'm sorry we contributed to your inconvenience you and that you had to deal with the noise from "the truck ten rooms away" (which puts it at approximately 180 feet from your room).

I understand you wanting to cut your stay short, and we were happy to accommodate that request. Your requests for staying free of charge as well as calling for the termination of some of our staff was more than we could comply with.

We hope you were able to find adequate lodging for the remainder of your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I agree that this was an ok stay for the price. My room was clean and fairly quiet. We did hear some noise from the near by Army Base but the air condition unit was more then enough to drowned it out. The parking lot was pretty full but we still found a sit to park near by our room. The on site nightclub wad a bit sketch. There were several restaurants nearby. Only a few minuets from down town. Overall I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for telling us about your stay!

We're glad you enjoyed it and hope you'll come see us again soon!
Trussville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Sometimes I wonder what people are searching for in a lower budget hotel. I think the expectation of a 5 star hotel for a 3 star price is asinine. We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and other than not knowing it was 200 foot from the gate of Hunter Army Base, there were very few problems. The sounds of the planes and copters overhead all day and night were easily drowned out by the air conditioning system. The rooms seem to be REALLY soundproof. Most places close the pool, but this one does not. At about 1 in the morning, people having "relations" in the pool was a bit disgusting, so we didn't use the pool after seeing this. A call to the front desk obviously wilted the intentions of Romeo. Several people were "out and about" at all hours of the night, but we never felt threatened. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, no visible bugs or critters were seen. The room was in good condition, cleaned daily. It is outdated, sure, but the rate for this hotel was about half of what others in the historic district rent for. The parking lot was crowded, and I never saw half of the folks until seeing the breakfast was VERY busy. There were several ball players from a travel team eating during the morning. Considering all this, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The odd numbers are near the courtyard and pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks for letting us know about your stay!

Actually the pool officially closes at 10, but apparently we have some people who enjoy our amenities so much they just have to jump the fence. From the sound of it, they enjoy our amenities a little too much... I'll double-check the chlorine level in the pool.

I'm glad to hear the room was to your liking! Our primary goal is to provide a safe, clean stay at a reasonable price. We hope you'll come stay with us again on your next trip to Savannah!
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My check-in went like clockwork. Couldn't have asked for it to have been better. My room was clean. My only complaint was the noise from the planes taking off at nearby Hunter AFB. They were only a few hundred feet high when they cleared the hotel. The room had a microwave and a refrigerator. It also had an iron and ironing board. This place is much cheaper than staying on the Riverfront.

Room Tip: Rooms 301 and other odd numbers are ground level on the back side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay!

The fact that we are located a block from the gates of Hunter Army Air Field is a blessing and a curse. It's convenient for anyone visiting HAAF, but there are the intermittent planes passing over as they land (kids love that by the way!).

We're glad you enjoyed everything else about your visit with us (including the fridge and microwave!) and saw the value we're able to offer in a great location!

We hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel looks real nice and is clean. The issue is alot of people drinking smoking outside being loud. The worst part was when I went to go get breakfast which was included I was in my socks. My room was very close to breakfast area so since I was wearing socks I thought nothing of it. There are no signs saying that I had to wear shoes. So when I walked in I started to get a waffle when a rude woman in front of all the guests there at the time said Sir you need to have shoes on. I apologized and kept getting my food. Then she said again in front of other guests you can take it to your room. Well that was it ! I said no thanks and went to the front desk just to hear the woman at the desk say sorryso I proceeded to my room got my stuff and checked out. Very embarasing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank John E
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
As I said in my e-mail to you two days ago, I appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of what you felt to be less than Professional, Responsive or Friendly treatment by the breakfast staff. The policy of not allowing socks or bare feet in the breakfast room is for health reasons as much as it is your own safety... (If someone accidentally drops a fork on the floor and you step on the tines, it could be a bad day for everyone!!)

It was not her intention to single you out and bully you. You were not being persecuted for anything. She has to enforce a few rules for the safety of everyone, yourself included!

Fortunately, we've added a few more cameras to the property recently and were able to review the situation, which corroborated the description given by a few other guests who were on hand for the exchange. We have had the necessary conversation with the breakfast staff.

In your previous comment to me, you didn't mention any noise issue (smoking/drinking). Considering the location of your room (poolside) I assume you are not referring to guests in the nightclub. If there's ever an issue with other guests or your room, just let us know... We'll be happy to address it!

On that note, thank you for pointing out that the hotel is nice and clean!!

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Shower head leaked more water straight down than out of the front. The worst is the door lock broke and locked us out of the room and our car keys inside the room. It ruined our first night in Savannah because we were held hostage at the hotel for over 2 hours. We would've driven up Saturday morning if we couldn't have made our plans for Friday night. The staff onsight tried to be very helpful but usually there was only one person on staff for the entire property and they were overworked. I complained to management and their response was probably the same canned one they will post below this one and they refunded me $20 on my bill. For as much as I stay at choice brand hotels they should've comped the first night since it ruined it.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
It sounds as though I will disappoint you yet again with the same response to the same complaint. Our room lock malfunctioned, yes. You were inconvenienced, yes. Did we resolve the situation to your satisfaction? Apparently not.

I certainly don't want to sound blasé about the situation, because I know it's a lousy spot to be in. It happened -- and our maintenance guy was down there working on it until he got you taken care of.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience while staying at our hotel. I'm sorry it ruined your Friday night plans. I'm sorry the refund isn't everything you feel you are deserving.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay again. I hope this doesn't reflect poorly on other Choice Hotels.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This motel was a fine alternative to staying in downtown Savannah and having to pay higher room rates and for hotel parking. Stayed 2 nights and drove back and forth into the historic district (about 18 min one way). FYI..if you're staying in Savannah on Saturday & Sunday..on street metered parking is free all weekend! Another tip: if you're staying during the weekday..you can buy a 2-day parking pass for $12 at the Visitor's Center downtown. Room was clean and despite having about 20 motorcycle riders staying there as well, we never heard them and slept well. Good complimentary breakfast. This is a typical Quality Inn with lots of cement. We didn't mind that and had a great stay. Recommend Sweet Potatoes Kitchen about a mile from the motel if you want an excellent southern meal at a very affordable price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anschutzw
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay! We're glad to hear you had a good visit! Of course downtown on the weekends isn't the only free parking in town... Our hotel has free parking all day, every day (and lots of it)!!

We hope to see you again soon!