“Nothing special”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #29 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I stayed for 4 nights in February 2011 on a business trip.

Good location, near the river and free shuttle to the Convention Centre.
Standard large US branded hotel really.
Should have included breakfast considering the price of the room nightly rate really.

Room cleaning service not great - had a flyer under my door saying I had missed the chance to have my room cleaned as I still the had do not disturb on. Was only about 1130 in the morning!

Does not have free wifi either in the rooms or in the lobby.

Good English bar/restaurant literally over the road.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 March 2011

Checking into the Hyatt, our rooms were not ready. Mr. Walter Brown was in charge at the desk. He took my cell number to notify us when we could check into the hotel..Not only did he stay in touch, but we were given a choice of beverages while we waited. When we arrived to claim our rooms he provided us with breakfast comps. (This NEVER happened at any other hotel in Savannah..)Our rooms were balcony rooms, facing the river. Spotless is an understatement. I travel to Savannah, quite often. The last few trips, I have stayed at other fine hotels. I realized when as I relaxed in my room, staying at this Hyatt, should have always been my choice, excellent service, location, staff...EXCEPTIONAL..I WILL RETURN....

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I feel the same as the other previous review. Our room was next to the elevator and overlooked the lobby. We heard the elevator all night, not to mention the people rolling in after a night out. The food in room service was sub-par. I have bed and breakfast on Folly Beach and we supply water to our guest. I don't expect that, but $5.00 a bottle for Aquafina???? No hairdryer in the bathroom-no little fridge. For the cost-should have been much better. The dental meeting I attended there was great-food there was also great. Would not rec. staying here.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2011

My husband and I took a weekend trip to Savannah this weekend. It was our first trip away from our 5 month old son. When we first checked in we were a little disappointed that the only option for parking was the valet which was an additional $20 per day. I have stayed at the Hilton De Soto and they offer self parking at a much cheaper rate. That was our first problem. When we got to our room the river views that were promised to us on Expedia were of the hotel lobby. Very disappointing. The next problem was unbelievable and very personal but I feel like I should mention it so that others can avoid the same situation. My husband and I were being intimate and housekeeping came IN THE ROOM! When I told her that someone was in the room she did not leave. Instead she started talking to someone down the hall telling them that someone was in the bed! I have never been so mortified in all my life. Needless to say I will never stay in another Hyatt again. The Hilton De Soto had a much friendlier staff, it was cheaper, etc., etc.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank t1mmysgirl
HRSavannah, Exec Asst to GM at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Our Management team was quite disappointed to learn of the challenges you faced during your recent stay with us. We would very much like the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly with you. Please contact me at your early convenience at billie.walker@hyatt.com.

We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2011

This Hyatt was one of the best I have visited. The customer service when you walk in is great . I waited a little longer to check in than I thought it should have taken as did the Manager on duty because he gave us free drinks for our wait. The Parking is valet only at 19 dollars a night, a little high but they have it down to a science and are fast to retrieve your car. The only hick-up in the service was that the bell hops were a little loud and talked amongst themselves. They also ignored us when it was time to bring in our luggage. Also the waitress at the bar charged us for someone else drinks. Although she did fix the bill it took a long time and made us late for a prior engagement. All in all a great place to stay. Typical clean rooms and amenities you come to expect from Hyatt. Oh ya probably goes with out saying but you can not beat the location of this Hyatt.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PV4u2nv
HRSavannah, Exec Asst to GM at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm comments regarding your stay recent stay at Hyatt Regency Savannah! It is always a pleasure to receive comments regarding the exceptional service of our hotel. We hope your travels bring you back to Savannah and that we have the privilege of being your host once again!

Reviewed 5 March 2011

Great hotel for the value. Clean. Perfect location. Even had an elevator that goes straight down by the water area. What we were mostly impressed by thougwas the service! Tamika works at the front desk and above and beyond to male sure we we happy. There was a delay of only about 5 mins at the front desk so she sent us a bottle of champage and chocolate covered strawberries as well as a card apologizing for the short delay! Wonderful service for sure :-)

• Stayed: March 2011

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you found your visit with us to be a pleasant one, as our staff is dedicated to creating exceptional experiences for our guests.

We are especially pleased that Tamika, from the front desk, helped to make your stay more enjoyable. We will be sure to pass your kind remarks on to Tamika.

Reviewed 5 March 2011

I was able to get a great deal on this hotel on Priceline, so my review is probably going to be more upbeat than others than have paid full price for this hotel. This place could definitely use some updates.

Overall the room was clean and the bed was fine, but it just gave the appearance of being outdated and stale. There was a terrible septic smell in the room and hallway. The hotel staff blamed the smell on the City of Savannah as they were redoing the sewer system.

Bottom line...if you are looking for a no frills hotel in downtown Savannah with great views of the river and valet parking this hotel is fine. I would NOT pay more than $120 a night for this hotel. If you want luxury, go next door to the Bohemian. It is more expensive and as far as I know they do not participate with Priceline or Hotwire, but it is an incredible hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. We thrive on our guest's feedback such as yours, as it allows to correct any deficient areas that we may have. We hope that you enjoyed your overall stay in historic Savannah.

We thank you for being our guest and for choosing Hyatt Hotels and Resorts.