“Stellar Customer Service!”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #31 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I travel frequently and I would have to say that the staff of this hotel have the best customer service that I have experienced this year. Had an issue with my room and shared my experience with the manager ( Zach). Not onlyh did he change my room, but he upgraded my to a suite and he had the bellman( Nate) to move all of my belongings. I am so sure this hotel has to be owned by the Ritz. Also, I went to the "Vu" ( the hotel lounge) and had an awesome salad. My waitress "Z" ( can't say or spell her name) was super awesome! Lastly-the hotel is on River Street so you are in the midst of all the restaraunts and happenings. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an "outside" Suite.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 December 2011

We were not sure about the valet parking and were a little apprehensive about it but when we arrived the hotel for our two night stay we could not have been more pleased!! Our room was at the end of the hotel the front window was overlooking the river and the side window was overlooking river street!!!! It was a completely beautiful view from both windows, if we ever are fortunate to return to Savannah we plan to stay at the Hyatt. The staff was so congenial and helpful. It was our first return to Savannah in about 12 years and it was totally a wonderful experience mostly because of the Hyatt!! we were very pleased~~!!!! We requested privacy, we got privacy!!!

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I was there for a conference. Excellent hotel! Clean, comfortable, convenient: in the middle of Savannah's little tourist district. Staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel is absolutely beautiful! Well appointed and designed, it is one of those places you walk in to and know you're going to love the place. The employees at the front desk were very friendly and, in truth, all the staff members were extremely gracious. The Valet Staff were some of the most courteous and efficient I have ever seen. Elevators take you to a motor lobby where they will quickly have your car waiting. The location of the hotel could not be beat. Directly on Bay Street and next to City Hall, we made the rounds on the Factors Walk and River Street. There are many shops and restaurants nearby. If you are a fan of Paula Deen, her restaurant can be seen from the hotel, just a few blocks down. Elevators go directly to River Street if you don't want to navigate the steep stairways from Bay Street down. Although we did not eat at any of the hotel's restaurants they did appear to have lovely views and were reasonably priced according to the menus in our room. The beds and linens were wonderful. I have a bad back and woke up with no pain in the morning. The mattress was firm and the pillows well stuffed. My wife threatened to steal the shower nozzle! Internet was not free and a charge of $9.99 a day could be added to your room if you desired it. Parking also cost $19 a day. Overall, this is a wonderful place to stay in Savannah. Although it is not one of the "historic" hotels in town, it has a charm all its own!

Room Tip: Some rooms face the atrium. Ask for a room with a street or river view!
1  Thank wvfamily2005
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband were in Savannah for business and stayed at the Hyatt Regency. The location is very central to all the sightseeing areas. They hotel is well run and well maintained. The staff was very friendly. Even the maintenance guy we saw in the corridors late at night was friendly and smiling. The balcony on the bar has a good view. Service at bar is spotty, but friendly wait staff offsets that. When we are in that area for vacation we would stay again.

Room Tip: The hotel has an inner atrium. I would try not to book one of the rooms overlooking the atrium as t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We only spent 2 nights . The room we got was very big and the beds very comforatable. The veiw of the river was awesome and the frieghters seem to be so close you can almost touch them.

The front desk checkin clerk failed to tell us we had free wifi (we are a diamond card user). The room didn't have the free bottled water that the cheaper hotels have.
The TV didn't work (volume control limited and the closed captioning unable to be changed) The staff who came agreed it was broken but nobody ever fixed it (all they needed to do was replace the TV, right?) so we ended up sitting 5 feet from the TV so we could hear the movie we watched.

The restaurants in the hotel were closed for lunch.

The Concierge on our arrival at 5:10 PM was leaveing for the day and couldn't help us find a restaurant or send us to anyone who might.

The wall plugs were insufficient to support our CPAP machines by the bed. The LR had not outlets I could reach, either. The entire suite needed to be rewired, it seems to me.

No Jacuzzi in the pool area and we really needed to soak after a long day in the car.

Someone entered our room while I was gone and scared my wife as they did not knock. Then they came back and brought sweets as an "apology". As my wife cannot eat suger, that was actually poison, not a treat.

The asst. manager did appologize when I wrote and gave me some Hyatt points, but they sure do have a lot of training to do as well as some fixing up of their fooms before I would return.

Room Tip: high floor on the river is the best! Try to arrive earlier when the staff is not changing shifts.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
HyattRegencySavannah, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the unfortunate experience you had at our property. Your feedback is extremely important to us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the concerns during your stay. Customer service is top priority for us and we have used your feedback to address these concerns with our staff. Our goal is to Exceed your expectations and I sincerely hope you view this experience as isolated and not indicative of the service we strive to provide.

As a valued member Gold Passport member we would love the opportunity to be your host in our historic city again. We recognize that you have many options in hotel accommodations and your loyalty is extremely important to us.

Scott Snipes

Reviewed 28 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt for Thanksgiving weekend. Absolutely Wonderful! We have stayed here many times and are always delighted. The Valet parking and check-in are a snap, and EVERYONE is smiling and polite. The rooms are always extremely clean and comfortable. The elevator down to River Street is a great bonus ( the steps in Savannah are rather treacherous ) and everything in the Historic District is within easy walking distance. Be sure to catch the boat parade the Saturday evening after Thanksgiving, it's a hoot! If you are planning on going to Savannah, check out the Hyatt, We're sure you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a river view