“Average”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #30 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Stayed here one night with my sisters on girls night out. It is in excellent location and actually sits on the site georgia was founded. Easy walk to many sites, restaurants, bars, shopping. My room was not ready until about 7pm. That was before the St Patrick Day rush. I did recieve a nice room with view of the river on the 2 nd floor. They comped my breakfast for the delay. I did request a smoking room but no ashtray was found. They had an air cleaner in the room, which was nice. I dont know if they allow dogs but i had fleas in my room. Carpets and floors were dirty. Bed was clean and comfortable. Breakfast in Windows was good and lovely view of the river. They had the best pecan waffles ive ever had and good coffee. Great indoor/outdoor lounge with best view of river st. A few issues which they sincerely tried to resolve and friendly staff. Check out Savannah Bee honey downstairs and take a paddleboat ride.

Room Tip: Ask for river view high up.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dianesadventure
HyattRegency351, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you so much for your review and feedback regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your business and apologize for our shortcomings. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our staff, excellent location and culinary experience.

We do not allow dogs other than service animals at our location, and will reach out to you directly to obtain more information on the housekeeping comments.

We hope to see you and your sisters again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,136)

Reviewed 14 March 2012

My supervisor and I stayed 3 nights for a conference. When we checked in we were under the impression our company paid for the room when they booked it. The clerk said they did not. He told us he would go ahead and check us in while they faxed over the credit card info instead of us having to wait. Every time we would see an employee in the hallway, they would look at you, smile, and ask how you were doing. Even house keeping were very friendly.
We had went to our room after a class and forgot to pull our door shut (you really had to pull it hard) one of the staff had seen it open, knocked on the door while identifying himself and told us we had left it open and was going to close it.
The room was clean and the beds were pretty comfortable.
I'll be bringing my family back to Savannah and would love to stay here.

Room Tip: Try to get a river view room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Angela T
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Hyatt Regency Savannah! We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and I will be sure to pass them along to our team. We also appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

The staff from the minute we got there till the minute we left were incredibly friendly. Patricia Bryant and Robert the bellman made our stay so nice we will go back. There was confusion checking in, probably my fault, and Patricia fixed it within minutes and so politely it was amazing especially with a hotel full due to a conference. Getting the car was so easy, advice from the concierge was helpful, the bar staff friendly. I cannot go on enough. Stay and love Savannah.

Room Tip: If price is not an issue take a river view, the boats are cool to watch.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank easy-traveller-mtl

Greetings from Savannah! Thank you so much for your kind comments about our staff. We take pride in our superior customer service and I am very glad Patricia and Robert were able to help make your stay an enjoyable one. We truly value your comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. I will be sure to share this comment with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

My husband & I love to stay at the Hyatt in Savannah. I would recommend getting a River View Room. It's incredible to watch the huge cargo ships go by at eye level! Our favorite are the corner rooms where you can see the river & down River St. At our last stay, we requested a corner room but unfortunately we could not get one. We were given a room with a balcony over looking the river and it was very nice. The beds are incredibly comfortable. Staff is super helpful, friendly! (Especially Mary at check in!) The rooms are very expensive as are the drinks in the lounge but worth it if your pocketbook can take it! Our only problem with this stay was that we requested wake up call for both mornings we were there. One call came in 30 mins early, the next morning it was 45 mins late.

Room Tip: River View rooms are the best - just beautiful view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful comments you have shared about our staff, especially Mary. We consider ourselves to be very fortunate to have such a warm and caring associate on our team. We are delighted, but (not surprised!), to know that Mary was able to exceed your expectations during your stay. On behalf of our team, we hope you and your husband can return very soon! Again, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment about your stay with us.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Pricelined a 4 star hotel in Savannah and ended up with the Hyatt on Bay street. The rooms are a dated for the price of the hotel. The hotel is just clean enough. No refrigerators in the rooms. I know its a great location being on Bay street but do not think it is worth the price. The interior rooms open to a common courtyard. If someone yells in a drunken rage (As happened to us) then every interior room and maybe every room in the hotel can hear the event.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the exterior facing Bay street as high in the building as possible if you want a go...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HairyBear26
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This hotel was wonderful. Nestled between City Hall and the Bohemian along the river. We were placed in a hotel room with a river view(we had to pay an extra 60.00 for two nights-even though we called the morning of to ensure we had this room- and they assured us we in fact did.) Watching the boats sail along was fantastic. We watched the largest ship sail thru that port (MSC ROSA) was a treat. Upon arriving, Robert, helped us move our luggage from the car to our room, and along the way told us where to go for what and the greatest spots to dine, all with a friendly demeanor and a smile on his face. He is a staple to this hotel. Each morning we went to perks cafe to get two mochas...the price was different each day (?) but was over 10.00 each day. This is more than Starbucks charges! Breakfast at Windows was wonderful. Friendly waitstaff and management. WONDERFUL food. Favorite part about the hotel. The front desk help could be friendlier. Upon arrival, I asked if we had a river view room. She said no. I told her we had called to make sure and she asked who we spoke to...I told her I did not know, and then she told us she could not help us then. Checking out, the other front desk lady was great. While there, we went on a ghost bus tour(the tour guide is a hoot) and shopped at City Market. We also dined at Huey's along the river (SOOOOO goood! you cannot miss this restaurant) and visited many pubs in the area. This was a great getaway when it is too cold outside to go to the beach and you still would like to getaway.

Room Tip: Ask not to be put on the 2nd floor...this is the floor that hosts all the conventions (the first day...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This is my first Hyatt experience. And I knew that the Savannah staff wouldn't let us down! We pulled up and immediately we were greeted and asked if we needed help with our luggage. We were given a ticket and explained to where we would pick up the car when we wanted to take it out to explore. We then walked into a beautiful lobby and a swift and friendly check-in. Our room was comfortable, clean and as we hoped. The TV worked well and internet worked well too with a cost of $9.99 for basic and $16.99 for youtube access etc. I didn't mind. I'm on vacation! Worked perfect and I appreciate that. Bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows and I used the extra blanket since my husband likes the room cold. Work desk area and comfy corner chair that "he" took over. Bathroom bright and clean with plenty of everything and even toothpaste! The balcony was awesome and we loved looking out at the Savannah River and watch the cargo ships go by ever so quietly. In the morning we saw dauphins which was really neat. The location is perfect to walk to almost anything. And when we got tired we simply walked back to the hotel to rest then run back out again. River Street was fun with gift shops, bars and restaurants. Service was perfect and staff was friendly with always a greeting. We couldn't of asked for anything more! Bonaventure and other historic cemeteries were close by and easy to get to. Getting to and from the Savannah Airport was also convenient. Parking was $20 a day and well worth it. We rented a luxury Lincoln as a treat so I liked that I knew it was safe and sound. We never waited more than a couple minutes to get our car. And returning was swift and easy. This location was perfect and we enjoyed ourselves very much. Thank you Hyatt staff for doing such a great job and being part of our vacation memories. You did a great job!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a river view room. It's worth the money and experience!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Savannah! It is always gratifying to hear about another positive experience about a first time Hyatt stay! Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful experience with us, your comments about our staff were so kind, and I will be sure to pass them along. We hope you had plenty of time to enjoy Historic Savannah. We are always very happy to be a part of a memorable vacation and we can’t wait to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Savannah. On behalf of our team, we look forward to seeing you soon!