“Friendly First Class Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #31 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The staff at the front desk -- especially the friendly and helpful Mary Burns--makes you welcome the moment you walk in the door. Rooms are lovely; the cuisine at both restaurants was very good....the service was OUTSTANDING. We plan to return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drjack123

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt with my friends for my 21st birthday celebration. The location is amazing, right on the River, a block from all the night life. The room was wonderful and the staff was very helpful. I wish parking was included but I was happy to know our car was safe. Didn't try the breakfast because there were so many other good breakfast places in Savannah.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Typical Hyatt foyer and layout; located perfectly for exploring this fantastic city. Staff were extremely helpful and the service throughout the hotel was excellent. Rooms were spacious and the river view from our room was wonderful.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2012

for a 4 star, I would expect a little more.
The location was perfect of course.

I understand why in the book 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' they do not like the looks of it compared to the rest of the Historic area. The exterior looks like it belongs near an airport.
The lobby is large and nice, except when people lounge there late at night. If you have an inside room, the noise travels throughout the entire area.
The bar overlooking the river is nice, nothing special.
The room was comfortable. The bathroom needs an update. The towels varied between plush and obviously worn out and thin. I actually had one that had a really dark stain. At home, maybe you would keep these....to clean the garage. The tub drained really slowly. Other than that, the room was nice.
Staff was nice and always friendly.
Can anyone explain to me why hotels that charge over $100/$150 charge for Wi-Fi, when the cheaper ones don't? Ridiculous.
Oh - and the workout room is very nice, but the pool sucks and no hot tub :(.

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior room to avoid noise from the lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CatMpls
HyattRegencySavannah, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. It has been our pleasure to be your host in our historic city. Everyday we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and we sincerely apologize for falling short during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours which allows us the opportunity to improve our operation. We would love to be your host should your travels bring you back to our historic city.

Heather R. Miller
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I just completed my second stay at this posh hotel that is located on the riverfront, at the heart of all things charming and Southern in this interesting city, Savannah. The rooms at the Hyatt Rgency are clean and allow guests to select and enjoy many exciting views. (My favorite is on the plaza, with a side view of River Street and the water). But it is the friendly staff who brought me back a second time in a month, and it is the staff who will keep me as a returning guest. From the moment you step foot on the property you are made to feel as if you matter. Everyone from the parking staff, front desk, housekeepers to the pleasant ladies and gentlemen who make up Windows, the hotel's quaint restaurant that overlooks the river, are highly trained professionals. They not only greet guests with a warm smile and courteous greeting, but give individual attention to their needs. (And did I mention how yummy breakfast at Windows is?) Lavada, a front desk specialist, deserves the Employee of the Year aware. She has twice made sure that my accommodations and those of my party were pleasing. And if anything was just a bit off, she made up for it immediaately. For example, on my first stay, I reserved a king-room for my elderly parents. When we arrived, we learned that all kings had been sold out. To ease the disappointment and in the spirit of customer service, Lavada upgraded them to a riverfront room. My parents were thrilled. Bert and front desk manager Traci also deserve acknowledgemnt for their hospitality and the special attention they gave me, my husband and our sons on our second visit. It is worth mentioning that although I am a Hyatt Gold Passport member and have been staying at Hyatts in various locations for more than a decade, the Hyatt Regency in Savannah has been the best and most memorable experience yet. Thanks for the spirit of excellence.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lovesfinethings
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. We have received the wonderful comments you shared on TripAdvisor about our excellent staff. We take pride in our superior customer service, and want to thank you personally for sharing your positive experience with us. It is very gratifying to receive such positive feedback and your comments have encouraged us to continue looking for ways to exceed our guest’s expectations, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Teresa Lennartz
Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2012

A nice clean business hotel in a good position. Where it fell down for me was the fact that everything was an additional charge. Charge for using Business Centre, $5.95 for 15 mins.stayed at number different hotels on our tour and we thought he would be a treat to stay here but was sadly mistaken. On the upside the staff were very pleasant and helpful

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We were pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time in Savannah and we apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. Thank you again for being our guest! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Heather R. Miller
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2012

This hotel was located near EVERYTHING I wanted to do. Walked to the best restaurants & shopping. Took a horse and carriage tour around the squares and ferry to the Expo I was attending. I was there on business but had plenty of time to go look around town because the location to everything was so great. Would stay again in a heart beat!! The only thing I would say needs improvements would be the Pool area. The pool liner was not looking clean at all and the area hat NO appeal at all, bordered on scary due to the seclusion of the pool.

Room Tip: I was on the Fifth floor and the view of the river was very nice!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Savannah! Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and for taking the time to leave a review. We value your business and we will certainly evaluate your suggestions. We appreciate your comments as this feedback allows us to further improve our services provided to loyal guest such as yourself.

Teresa Lennartz